v1.3.1.4 is now available for download. As many of you know, Work Wide was originally designed for the Passport and because of that it works best on that device. We later added support for all other devices, first the other qwerty ones then full touch. We made sure to capture the core experience when we added support but with this latest update we are adding some refinement to cater to the specific needs of non Passport users. However Passport users weren't completely left out in this release. There are some convenience and performance enhancements that affect all devices. Enjoy! Release notes...

All Devices:
    ✓ New action bar on the Menu page.

✓ History icon added to action bar on the Calculator apps. Previously the only way to access the history in the Calculator was to press the "3 bar" button above the keypad to match the native app. It was often too small to press, so the action item has been added.

✓ Backend code clean up. Minor improvements in memory usage and load times.

Device Specific Changes:
    ✓ On full touch devices main note text field on the Composer app now resizes while typing.

✓ On the BlackBerry Classic the back button on the toolbelt now closes the Menu page. Also the "trash" and "save" buttons on the Composer app are now accessible via the trackpad.

Posted via CB10
    Will you have the opportunity to allow BBM as one of the app options?

Posted with my Z10 on Verizon 10.2.1.3253
    07-21-15 06:36 PM
    Will you have the opportunity to allow BBM as one of the app options?

Posted with my Z10 on Verizon 10.2.1.3253
    BlackBerry would have to allow us access to BBM messages. As of right now it is not possible. However a few months ago Chen was quoted saying he sees no reason why there can't be 3rd party BBM apps in the future so who knows maybe one day...

Posted via CB10
    07-21-15 07:22 PM
    Anyone still Working Wide?

Posted via CB10
    04-24-16 08:23 AM

Posted via CB10
    Every day. Wouldn't mind more apps integrated or refinements though

Posted via BlackBerry Passport
    Brian Scheirer likes this.
    04-24-16 09:54 AM
    Every day. Wouldn't mind more apps integrated or refinements though

Posted via BlackBerry Passport
    Suggestions?

Posted via CB10
    04-24-16 12:26 PM
    Work Wide seems to be a lovely app and I was planning to purchase it ages ago when I received my first OG Passport.
    The lack of apps which can be used was the main reason which made me decide not to download the app in the end.
    It's awesome to have a calculator or an editor next to a browser, that's for sure but I'd like to have messengers like WhatsApp running next to them.
    The app itself also hasn't been updated for months so I thought the developer stopped looking over it which was another reason to move on.

posted via CB10 on my Passport SE
    04-24-16 12:47 PM

Posted via CB10
    Most definitely.
    Actually one of my most used apps.
    Split screening and then sliding back and forth between the note taking side and a webpage, image or calculator is a daily occurrence for me.

Makes it possible for me to do what I need to do without having to leave the app. Very handy for the work flow.
    The one thing I do find myself minimizing the app for and then returning is ClipMan.
    That would be a great addition to incorporate into the app.

 Passport/SQW100-3 .2876 CB10 
    kadusch likes this.
    04-26-16 08:00 AM
    I still work wide daily!!
    And I'm still waiting for the upcoming new update of last year that you said that would be a good one for the birthday of your app! ;p

I hope it didn't get lost somewhere lol !

Posted via CB10
    04-26-16 08:33 AM
    I still work wide daily!!
    And I'm still waiting for the upcoming new update of last year that you said that would be a good one for the birthday of your app! ;p

I hope it didn't get lost somewhere lol !

Posted via CB10
    Ya still working on it, been having a crazy few months as of late with a big cross country move. I'm all settled in now and ready to continue the update coding so I figured I'd find out if there were some user refinements that could be added it. I like to have a mix of big and little improvements in all the updates.

Posted via CB10
    04-26-16 10:39 AM
    Ya still working on it, been having a crazy few months as of late with a big cross country move. I'm all settled in now and ready to continue the update coding so I figured I'd find out if there were some user refinements that could be added it. I like to have a mix of big and little improvements in all the updates.

Posted via CB10
    That's really good to know!! I'm waiting patiently the next builds!
    And btw, f�licitations for your move!!!

Posted via CB10
    04-26-16 12:11 PM
    And the more you add supported apps and keys shortcuts, the merrier !! ;p

Posted via CB10
    04-26-16 12:13 PM
    Suggestions?

Posted via CB10
    Here's a few I think are doable :
    - Maps
    - Calendar
    - Contacts
    - World clock
    - Timer or stopwatch
    - Weather
    - Stocks
    - Foursquare search
    - System info (battery state, CPU, disk usage, list of radio enabled, etc)
    - RSS

There's also two other suggestions I'd like to make, but they might be harder to implement or break the current logic of the app :

- Hub10 : This app is in Beta Zone and the developer already included a feature that makes split screen possible. As it's still in development and not headless as of now, that might be hard to tie with Work Wide.

- Picture sorting : Your existing Picture viewer on one side and a new screen on the other side that allows you to move the picture to a specific folder. Could be a choice of 4-5 predefined folders like "Family", "Work", "Screenshots", etc. Buttons to skip picture or delete picture could also be added. When you move a picture to a folder, the Picture viewer shows a new picture.
    xKingHopy, moosbb and brookie229 like this.
    04-27-16 05:07 AM
    The one thing I do find myself minimizing the app for and then returning is ClipMan.
    That would be a great addition to incorporate into the app.
    As the developer of ClipMan I have to admit that I never have used Work Wide... but I'm currently discussing with Brian about a way how I could help him to have at least some parts of ClipMan integrated into it.
    brookie229 and jope28 like this.
    04-27-16 02:27 PM
    - Picture sorting : Your existing Picture viewer on one side and a new screen on the other side that allows you to move the picture to a specific folder. Could be a choice of 4-5 predefined folders like "Family", "Work", "Screenshots", etc. Buttons to skip picture or delete picture could also be added. When you move a picture to a folder, the Picture viewer shows a new picture.
    ^^^^^^This is a great idea IMHO.
    04-27-16 02:34 PM
89 ... 234