Has anyone gotten any news on Skype ? I live in the Caribbean , there are a few of my friends interested in purchasing the blackberry Z10 but Skype is a must for them I tried convincing them it will be coming soon but they have some doubts , anyone with news let me know .

Thanks
    03-14-13 12:00 PM
    It's not confirmed for a specific date yet however IT IS coming. March/April release date pretty sure at this point I figure.
    03-14-13 12:11 PM
    Let's hope it does , trying to convince some friends to remain with BBRY , many have moved on to samsung and iphone over the years
    03-14-13 12:18 PM
    Alec Saunders confirmed it would be available before the phone was released in the states, so in the next few days.

Posted via CB10
    03-14-13 12:31 PM
    Back in February BlackBerry was saying that it would be available by the American launch, which is set for the 22nd. Who know if that is still applicable though.
    03-14-13 12:34 PM
    If you say 22snd of March, it still could be. They would have 1 more week to polish things up and test the S*** out of it before putting it into BB World. It also makes sense that it definitely will not be coming this week because with holding it back they can have another BIG APP RELEASE next week, going back 2 back with this week.

Though there is also a big chance that it will be delayed because M$ is to lazy to make it native.
    Instead of going fully native and use all the advantages of that, BBRY has to adjust things in the core OS to make things accessible for the Heavily-Adjusted-Android-Port and thus bringing all sorts of complications and security issues with it. And from M$'s end they still want to keep the core of the app as close as possible to the actual Android version, so it's easier for them to update both and have to put less effort into re-writing lines of code. Meanwhile they can't even get the Skype-app for Win8 right and yet providing app support for all sorts of crazy platforms at the same time.

And then there is the rumor that the Skype app needs a newer version of the Android player.
    But I thought I read somewhere that the newer player would not be included in the 10.1 update.
    Add this to the fact that Telus removed the 10.1 update announcement from there software update list.
    Plus the fact that 10.1 is also for the upcoming Q10 which is to be released in April.

So it could be today, somewhere this week, next week, or later... or soon!

Meanwhile I'm just hoping that it comes as soon as possible and wish for some better PR / Media outlet.
    How hard is it to give your fans a heads up of the work in progress. They don't have to give any release date or dropping the word "soon" but a screenshot and just some friendly words that the project is still active would be nice.
    03-15-13 07:56 AM
    It is entirely possible that the Android player will be updated prior to 10.1. That can be pushed out as an update. If that is all it takes for Skype to work, then hopefully it will be ready by next week.

Posted via CB10
    03-15-13 09:57 AM