Can't believe there's no native Google+ app for BB10. Sorry if I posted this in the wrong place but I can't find a suitable forum.

Posted from BlackBerry Q10 / CB10
    04-23-14 03:30 PM
    Google has all but stopped supporting BlackBerry. They just don't see it as a viable market at this time. Perhaps this will change, as BB gains better market share, as Chen and co improve the bottomline and start selling more devices.
    04-23-14 03:37 PM
    That's an absolute disgrace. They should support all platforms. We need to do something about this.

04-23-14 03:49 PM
    Google apps come from Google.

Marketshare - if you are number six or seven (no really sure where BB10 falls behind BBOS, WebOS, Symbian, Tizen...) on the list of smartphone marketshare, then you are irrelevant and very few big developers that have to pay teams to build apps, are going to bother.
    04-23-14 03:50 PM

Marketshare - if you are number six or seven (no really sure where BB10 falls behind BBOS, WebOS, Symbian, Tizen...) on the list of smartphone marketshare, then you are irrelevant and very few big developers that have to pay teams to build apps, are going to bother.
    If people ran a business they'd actually understand this lol

Posted via CB10
    04-23-14 04:14 PM
    A half functional Google+ app could be possible with the API they provide. I'm sure with some hackery it would be possible to get something close the Android experience.

Posted via CB10
    04-23-14 04:42 PM
    A half functional Google+ app could be possible with the API they provide. I'm sure with some hackery it would be possible to get something close the Android experience.
    Now you just need someone to agree to spend tens of thousands of hours developing the app for free.

It's like ordering the lumber, sheetrock, roof tiles, nails, wire, cement, and pipes from Home Depot, and expecting them to build your house for you as part of the delivery of the materials...
    MobileMadness002 likes this.
    04-23-14 05:50 PM

Yea I don't think it's quite THAT bad, but unless you are Apple or Android there is no guarantee that the majors are going to develop for you. . Or if your name is Microsoft and you can afford to throw a ton of money at them to entice them. . And even then MS still has issues.
    04-24-14 12:09 AM
    BB doesn't matter to Android. Even MS doesn't matter to Android.

Google doesn't it sell its apps they produce them to get marketshare: more eyeballs. BB10 users aren't even a blip.

Why no Native Google+ App for BB10-bf69vpd.jpg
    04-24-14 12:53 AM
    Now you just need someone to agree to spend tens of thousands of hours developing the app for free.

It's like ordering the lumber, sheetrock, roof tiles, nails, wire, cement, and pipes from Home Depot, and expecting them to build your house for you as part of the delivery of the materials...
    Although there is nothing easy about making an app, it's not an impossible task either. I'd take a crack at it myself if school didn't keep me so busy.

Posted via CB10
    04-24-14 01:13 AM
    Why aren't BlackBerry making these core social apps?

04-24-14 01:27 AM

I've long been waiting to this pop up from CB.. NICE QUESTION

Z10STL100-1/10.2.1.2234 "the iPhone Nemesis"
    04-24-14 02:25 AM
    In early days of my BlackBerry 10 development. I planned on making a google+ client. But until.now.i haven't. I'm sure I will be making one someday.

Posted via BlackBerry 10.3
    mk2234 likes this.
    04-24-14 02:32 AM

Because BlackBerry isn't the ones developing the apps. The developers and owners of the apps are the ones who are making the decision whether or not to support BlackBerry. As others have attempted to point out..why would those developers support BlackBerry if they see no worth while return on investment.

Z10
    04-24-14 04:48 AM
    Yeah but it would be beneficial for blackberry to make a handful of core apps we all need?

04-24-14 06:19 AM
    04-24-14 11:19 AM
    If people ran a business they'd actually understand this lol

Posted via CB10
    Amen, I have been saying this all along. I have been self employed for 20 years and most folks don't have a clue what it takes to run a business.

Sent from my z30 on T Mobile USA (10.2.1.2160)
    04-25-14 04:31 AM
    Yeah but it would be beneficial for blackberry to make a handful of core apps we all need?

There is something called "intellectual property". Google+ was created by Google and it belongs to them. BlackBerry can't just develop an app to access Google's systems without their permission. That's why we have Google Talk, because Google offers public access to developers for that.

Posted via CB10
    04-25-14 05:52 AM