There is no cost involved in developing an application. Let's be real. All it is is time and energy. You do not need to fork out any money to develop an application.

Posted via CB10
    Time and energy...exactly. If I'm an event planner planning your wedding(doubt the opposite sex would dig your poor ***) all that is required is my time and energy to make the wedding fall into place. That includes meeting with your dusty *** to discuss how you would like your wedding to be and then coordinating those details. That may involve me calling a florist, a baker, a church, rental car company, tuxedo rental, a priest, setting up floral arrangements, planning the seating, booking hotel rooms for guests, blah, blah, blah...and this requires my time and energy. so I assume you would believe that I shouldn't be paid for these services because all it requires of me is my time and energy. You are a dumb ***.
    These developers require software to render their graphics for their apps. This is not free. Then they have to spend time and energy to build these graphics into an app in a cohesive manner that will work when called upon by the user.
    Please don't ever start another post. Matter of fact stay off the forums at CB and just for good measure just leave the platform and go to Android. Your "time and energy" is done here. I see no use for your services and think you would be better off elsewhere. Now...go.

Posted via CB10
    08-10-13 11:55 PM
    I am psychic. I sense a thread lock coming. Lol

I'm fine with paying for good quality apps and definitely down for BFB apps.

I really like it when the dev is open to feedback. When I review a paid app or any app for the matter, and don't see my review posted, I get irritated. Especially when I gave it a mostly good rating.

~STV on Z10STL100-3/10.1.0.2025 TMO US
    08-11-13 12:05 AM
    Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Schoshaii; 08-11-13 at 01:04 AM.
    08-11-13 12:15 AM
    I wonder if you work and if you do, don't you get paid? Do you think you are worth being paid? You honestly want to get things/apps for free? Have you ever made/created an app or game? Do you think apps/games are easy to develop? Its very easy to be an "armchair quarterback".
    By the way, I have an iPad and most of the very good apps and games are NOT free. For example NBA2K13 cost $7.99 and its worth every cent. To each their own!!
    ESCON likes this.
    08-11-13 12:18 AM
    I used to be like this but on BB10 I bought my first apps. I want to support the devs and the platform!

Fired from my Z10
    08-11-13 12:22 AM
    I kinda agree with him because BlackBerry has some features missing which should be integrated into the OS like op said, but at least devs are trying to patch up the hole that BlackBerry has left. No need to bash the devs, bash BlackBerry if this is your concern.

Posted via CB10
    08-11-13 12:30 AM
    I bet you have another phone on another platform right ? ? ?.... Most probably it is an iPhone ... If you have an iPhone I'm sure you use WhatsApp ... You would have paid USD 0.99 for it and why did you do that ? It is totally crap anyway?

I'm sure you also work somewhere for a living... Would you like to work and not get paid for it ? These developers are doing work for us and I'm sure they need to get paid as they need to eat too...

I don't like to pay for apps too ... but I would like it if developers let me try the app for a month for free and if I like it I pay for it. Otherwise the chances of me downloading that app is very low.
    08-11-13 12:34 AM
    I have bought quite a few apps on my Z10 because I want to support our devs! I'm not saying I want the apps to remain paid and to be expensive, but I want the devs to feel desired on the platform so I do my part. I want BlackBerry to succeed so I am putting more into it! All of these apps (the native ones) have been written from the ground up for the new platform. Even if the app already existed in legacy BlackBerry. This takes a lot of time and can be a painstaking process. The abilities of OS10 allow for some very complex apps to be built. Again I am not a big fan of paid apps, but in my recent experience I prefer the addless experience of the paid apps.

Posted From My Amazing Z10 via CB10
    08-11-13 12:35 AM
    i bought a few rare ones on my playbook never bought one on iphone or android or legacy bb but with my z10 there are many i have purchased which is rare for me. and i do love the idea to support the devs that are allowing me to get things done properly.
    08-11-13 12:46 AM
    Although I respect everyone's opinion this is the most horrible use of a new crackberry thread.
    You got some points. Like I said I respect them. But why on earth be so loud about it?
    Yes there are ****ty apps yes there are apps who are there just to steal your 99c. But there are aslo hard working people trying to make a buck or two from their hobby ( making apps) or even some make a living.
    Throwing everyone into the **** basket won't help at all. BlackBerry 10 os is revolutionary needs everyone and their mother on board in order to succeed and I think anything on the BlackBerry world whether free or paid is welcome.

Everyone should do their own little due diligence before they buy something for sure...

Posted via CB10
    08-11-13 12:49 AM
    Feeling better now OP? That stuff is too strong for you, I think you should lay off a bit.

I am happy to pay for any properly developed and supported app. If I don't like the built-in calculator for example, or if it does not suit my particular needs, I will look for one that will suit me (and happily pay). BTW I have tons of paid-for IOS apps so its not a BlackBerry issue you make it out to be.
    08-11-13 12:59 AM
    Well, in general, the poor attitude got the thread locked. There are much better ways to write out concerns about not wanting to pay for apps. Really, this could have been handled ever so much better.
    08-11-13 01:05 AM
    Well, in general, the poor attitude got the thread locked. There are much better ways to write out concerns about not wanting to pay for apps. Really, this could have been handled ever so much better.
    It most certainly did, but the OP brought it upon themselves.

Posted via CB10
    mikeo007 likes this.
    08-11-13 07:24 AM
38 12