I searched on the forums for some info on the version of FB I have on my Q10 but came up with nothing. I'm new to the BlackBerry world after using iOS for a long time. I noticed that the FB app on my new handset looks like I remember FB looking at least a year or so ago on my iPhone. I'm a bit disappointed with it and was just curious to see if you guys knew why it's not as uptodate as other operating systems.

Posted via CB10
    07-09-13 10:29 PM
    And before anyone feels that I'm complaining I want to say I'm not. I knew going back to BlackBerry that I would have limited apps and things wouldn't be the same as my iPhone. I'm just curious to know what you all think since you know about all things BlackBerry

Posted via CB10
    07-09-13 10:33 PM
    I believe it's because the Facebook is made by Blackberry/RIM, and not Facebook itself. Facebook designs their apps only for iOS and Android, so Blackberry had to make their own Facebook app. Correct me if I'm wrong on that, but that's what I think is going on.
    07-09-13 10:39 PM
    You're right, it looks like an old version. I could live with that if they'd keep the features up. Simple things like sharing are sorely missed.
    07-09-13 10:40 PM
    I believe it's because the Facebook is made by Blackberry/RIM, and not Facebook itself. Facebook designs their apps only for iOS and Android, so Blackberry had to make their own Facebook app. Correct me if I'm wrong on that, but that's what I think is going on.
    You're right. The author in the store is Research in Motion Ltd. My guess is Facebook wouldn't give them the time of day last year, but they needed to have a Facebook app. That's one of those things that will sink a platform if it's missing.
    07-09-13 10:42 PM
    Well even on BBOS tim designed the app for fb and twitter

Posted via CB10
    07-09-13 10:44 PM
    It's not the look that disappoints me it's the fact that it really doesn't work. I know that more than 3 of my friends have posted statuses in the last 2 hours and can see on my laptop. But on my Q10 I see only a few postings. I wrote BlackBerry an email as I was instructed to do by the customer service team which I called. Just wanted your opinions

Posted via CB10
    07-09-13 10:45 PM
    I searched on the forums for some info on the version of FB I have on my Q10 but came up with nothing. I'm new to the BlackBerry world after using iOS for a long time. I noticed that the FB app on my new handset looks like I remember FB looking at least a year or so ago on my iPhone. I'm a bit disappointed with it and was just curious to see if you guys knew why it's not as uptodate as other operating systems.

Posted via CB10
    The current Facebook app for BB10, is nothing more than a replica of the official mobile webpage from Facebook, - with added notification settings and Hub integration.
    07-10-13 12:18 AM
    They are working on a new build, with chat function

Posted via CB10
    07-10-13 02:49 AM
    They are working on a new build, with chat function

Posted via CB10
    any source?

Posted via CB10
    07-10-13 07:10 AM
    Michael clewley confirmed it on Twitter

Posted via CB10
    Attachment 181017
    kndL likes this.
    07-10-13 07:18 AM
    It's not the look that disappoints me it's the fact that it really doesn't work. I know that more than 3 of my friends have posted statuses in the last 2 hours and can see on my laptop. But on my Q10 I see only a few postings. I wrote BlackBerry an email as I was instructed to do by the customer service team which I called. Just wanted your opinions

Posted via CB10
    Go to your laptop and set it to show: most recent. It's probably set to show top stories. Mind that sometimes, just to annoy us, it switches itself back to top stories .

Sent from the Dark Side
    07-10-13 09:03 AM
    Go to your laptop and set it to show: most recent. It's probably set to show top stories. Mind that sometimes, just to annoy us, it switches itself back to top stories .

Sent from the Dark Side
    Yes. If they'd just cut that out...

Posted via CB10
    07-10-13 09:06 AM