Out of all the weather apps I have used for BB10, I haven't seen one that has an in app radar that supports pinch-to-zoom. They all have the little + or - to Zoom in and out.

Some of these apps are very well made and slick (Accuweather, Weather.com, etc) but still lack this basic feature. It got me wondering, is this an API issue? If so, BlackBerry really needs to fix this. If its not an API thing, than these app developers need to fix this obvious problem!

Posted via CB10
    pantlesspenguin likes this.
    07-01-13 05:24 PM
    I've wondered the same thing!!
    07-01-13 06:47 PM
    It's probably just what they think will load fastest. Other map apps have pinch to zoom capability, so to me, it seems like a design choice and not that they don't have the capability to implement it.

I'm not a fan of the radar apps in BlackBerry World. For me, they're too simplistic and are just mosaics. They're good to get the job done quickly, but just not for me. I'm hoping someone will make an app using the raw radar data.

I have purchased and side loaded pykl3 radar which is a true and very powerful radar app and that does have pinch to zoom.

Posted via CB10
    07-01-13 09:52 PM
    Weather.com's app radar sucks on all platforms. It always has bits missing during the past animation, and it is very slow to load. The one thing that bothers me though is that the iOS version (which is designed so unintuitively or over intuitively that it sucks) supports pinch to Zoom in the radar.

Accuweather, which is such a great BlackBerry 10 natively developed app is so close to perfect, but the missing pinch to Zoom is a big deal to me!
    07-02-13 08:39 AM