My company has removed all ongoing support for BlackBerry 10 and will only support OS7 until you break or lose your device. Then it will have to be replaced with a *GASP* Apple/Samsung. Reason is...
    there's no support for business applications such as F5 VPN Client, Single Sign On (SSO), PGP Email Encryption.

Why hasn't BlackBerry created these if they're so focused on ENTERPRISE?

I don't want to switch...
    SmileDahling likes this.
    03-31-14 06:14 PM
    Hopefully, with the talked about push for enterprise, there will be a focus on getting these type of apps to BB10. To be a true workhorse, it needs them IMHO.
    Elite1 likes this.
    03-31-14 06:24 PM
    Also, doesn't the US Gov't at least use PGP Email Encryption?
    03-31-14 06:54 PM
    The US government doesn't use PGP for email certificates. Government certs are PKI certs generated by their own rootcertificates and installed on federal ID badges.
    03-31-14 07:05 PM
    Thanks for the lesson but I find it hard to believe that my company is alone in requiring these apps.

Posted via CB10
    03-31-14 07:19 PM
    I do find it odd that there are barely any business/productivitys app on app world. BBOS had a bunch of them, in BB10 all these huge enterprise apps are no where to be seen.

What I find more odd is, wouldn't developers benefit more off making a BB10 app when a lot of it's users are in enterprise? It makes no sense to me.
    03-31-14 07:26 PM
    My company has removed all ongoing support for BlackBerry 10 and will only support OS7 until you break or lose your device. Then it will have to be replaced with a *GASP* Apple/Samsung. Reason is...
    there's no support for business applications such as F5 VPN Client, Single Sign On (SSO), PGP Email Encryption.

just curious why you'd need something like a vpn client? why put that overhead on your device?
    the bes and bb have policies you can push push for vpn connections to corporate gateways like cisco or juniper. as well the work space on bb10 is a vpn in itself, connecting directly back to your network. no need for vpn or licensing or anything...

sso? why do you need an app for this? the bes when properly set up can use certs, which is a lot better than sso. imo.

there is a pgp app, built for blackberry. PGPgp.

just some food fod thought
    FijiBB likes this.
    03-31-14 07:40 PM
    just curious why you'd need something like a vpn client? why put that overhead on your device?
    the bes and bb have policies you can push push for vpn connections to corporate gateways like cisco or juniper. as well the work space on bb10 is a vpn in itself, connecting directly back to your network. no need for vpn or licensing or anything...

sso? why do you need an app for this? the bes when properly set up can use certs, which is a lot better than sso. imo.

there is a pgp app, built for blackberry. PGPgp.

just some food fod thought
    Man I wish I understood what you just wrote but seriously I don't make the decisions 'round here.
    03-31-14 07:51 PM

You don't normally need an app to establish a VPN connection in BB10, or iOS or Android, but maybe your employer is using something obscure? Can't say I've heard of an F5 VPN myself.

Single Sign On is coming in a future BES10 version, probably BES12 due in about 6 months.

As already stated there is an app called PGpgp in BlackBerry World for decrypting and encrypting messages with PGP.

Posted via CB10 on Z30 STA100-2 /10.2.1.2141 on O2 UK - Activated on BES10.2.1
    FijiBB likes this.
    03-31-14 08:25 PM
    You don't normally need an app to establish a VPN connection in BB10, or iOS or Android, but maybe your employer is using something obscure? Can't say I've heard of an F5 VPN myself.

Single Sign On is coming in a future BES10 version, probably BES12 due in about 6 months.

As already stated there is an app called PGpgp in BlackBerry World for decrypting and encrypting messages with PGP.

I know of 1 company that used F5 VPN, what a piece of f'n garbage. Remote login for tech support agents for a company that I used to work for. Nice comapn yand all, but damn, archaic software. As for PgP, BES does not need PgP for email security.
    03-31-14 08:53 PM
    I know of 1 company that used F5 VPN, what a piece of f'n garbage. Remote login for tech support agents for a company that I used to work for. Nice comapn yand all, but damn, archaic software. As for PgP, BES does not need PgP for email security.
    I know BES10 provides S/MIME support for encrypted and signed emails. But if his company is using PGP instead then that's not gonna help. Sounds like they are a company that uses crappy IT solutions.

03-31-14 09:15 PM
    Either Your IT department is incompetent , or they are purposely making it so everyone uses android or iphone. Either way, it sound fishy to me

Posted via CB10
    velkod and CDM76 like this.
    03-31-14 09:25 PM
    If it's good enough for the Pentagon and white house, why isn't it for your company? Lol none sense.
    03-31-14 11:00 PM
    Hi Guys and Gals,
    It does not make sense to go into a Apple like state "just because you are the only one who seems to need it your IT department must be crap". This does not work.
    Fact is: PGP, F5, SSO were all available on BB OS7.
    The PGP solution in App world is provided by a completely unknown ISP. For OS7 PGP themselves delivered the app.
    Would you use a banking app that was not provided by your bank (or promoted by your bank)?

PGP has the advantage that certificates don't expire. Try this with S/MIME.
    SSO integration is nowadays strongly required. Many apps and business webpages require this. I'm talking about company internal workflow systems, time recording systems, CRM applications. Just having a certificate in the browser is not sufficient. Especially when apps are not allowed to use it.
    I can't tell if F5 VPN tunnels are superior or not compared to other systems. In our company more than 15000 VPN ports are served with F5 globally. The existing, built-in solution of BBOS10 is not usable as we were informed that the cryptographic system behind is considered to be compromised. A 2 factor authentification with mobile random tokens is a must for a VPN connection.

When a solution was there for OS7 is not there any more for OS10 it means that companies have to throw the BB devices out. And if users recognize that all these missing functionalities are there for Android and iOS devices they want to use it.

Just my 2 cents.
    Regards,
    Troglo
    04-03-14 08:23 AM
    I can add another app missing for BB OS10: Lync. The BB Enterprise communicator only supports the chat part.
    Regards,
    Troglo
    04-03-14 08:27 AM
    BlackBerry was too busy recruiting fart app and useless map Devs to worry about getting quality business apps.

Posted via Verizon Z10 - OS v10.1.2.2174
    Underdogz likes this.
    04-03-14 08:35 AM
    BlackBerry was too busy recruiting fart app and useless map Devs to worry about getting quality business apps.

Well said! I agree 100%
    04-03-14 08:49 AM
    Use my BB10 Scanner app, I have a free trial version

Developer of AutoCrop Scanner
    04-03-14 09:48 AM

the worse part they were getting the bad quality type fart apps and not concentration on the big ones.
    04-03-14 11:55 PM
    The PGP solution in App world is provided by a completely unknown ISP. For OS7 PGP themselves delivered the app.
    Would you use a banking app that was not provided by your bank (or promoted by your bank)?
    Let's be constructive. What do you want me to do to proof that my application is not a virus/trojan/stealing confidentioal data/ etc? What do you propose? All I can say now is that it passed BFB and their antivirus test. Application uses openpgpjs implementation of PGP (link to the latest security audit: https://github.com/openpgpjs/openpgp...security-audit).
    I still work on this (it is not perfect I know), adding new features (soon: signing/verifing of the message - without encryption), but if you want me to do something to proof that I do not want to steal your data - please let me know.

PS: we may always meet and go for a beer if you want, then I will not be 'unknown'
    04-04-14 04:59 AM
    Don't get me wrong. I didn't meant to bring any miscredit to your app.
    My point was, if you allow me to clarify, that for huge companies (global with 1000 employees+) an app alone does not do the trick.
    IT departments of companies that size want a solution that can be remotely managed like the now Symantec owned PGP solution for BB OS7 allowed it. This means a on premise server solution for key generation and key handling, options to push keys to users/devices and remotely invalidating, migrating, policy application on devices (like: no unencrypted forwarding of forwarded mails), support for distribution lists, etc., etc.. Before the procurement department of a company that size buys a solution they will ask for references of similar installation sizes and rollouts. The solution must integrated into the BB Balance functionality, no requirement to use public key servers... shall I continue?
    04-04-14 05:42 AM
    No cisco Anyconnect either, wtf
    Troglodyten likes this.
    04-04-14 05:58 AM
    No sure the root issue the OP has (not an IT guy), but I would agree that enterprise or business/productively apps are sorely missing.

They want these to be business phones (lord knows I do), then BlackBerry should be ballz in on getting or developing fully functioning apps. I would have a full time team just on docs to go alone! The sooner I can dump my laptop the better

CB10'n it via da Z...30
    Troglodyten and imcurved like this.
    04-04-14 06:46 AM
    PGP is possible in combination with BES – unfortunately not without (a user request from the start of BB!0 though)…
    04-04-14 09:10 AM
    iPad already had 12million downloads for Microsoft Office.. Office for iPad apps top 12 million downloads in one week | PCWorld

Blackberry get office for blackberry!! docs to go isn't enough for enterprise customers
    SmileDahling likes this.
    04-04-14 10:23 AM
29 12