It's been a while now that the app is in BlackBerry World, but like I am not interested at all for it today I had my curiosity thought an went to World and check it. For my surprise, after all the CrackBerry community (including myself) was called Dumb A$$ (Any one that sideload an android app in his/her BlackBerry is one, according to one of the editors at Android Central). So why did CrackBerry.com help them out? It makes not sense, if is because mobile nation still no sense. They should learn how to respect everyone.

Posted via CB10
    Mecca EL likes this.
    12-06-13 08:02 AM
    Does it show for BB10? I know that was the solution they found to get the app on the PlayBook.
    12-06-13 08:08 AM
    It's been a while now that the app is in BlackBerry World, but like I am not interested at all for it today I had my curiosity thought an went to World and check it. For my surprise, after all the CrackBerry community (including myself) was called Dumb A$$ (Any one that sideload an android app in his/her BlackBerry is one, according to one of the editors at Android Central). So why did CrackBerry.com help them out? It makes not sense, if is because mobile nation still no sense. They should learn how to respect everyone.

Posted via CB10
    When whatsapp announced they wouldnt make the app for bb they called bb all sort of names. But that didnt make the people of bb wanting the app less. You take what you get in this world...as due android. In my opinion the guys from crackberry are making an effort to represent bb a much as they can. Sometimes you have to give to receive.
    FF22 likes this.
    12-06-13 08:11 AM
    One Company with many faces.

The BOSS doesn't really care who has what title or what device they prefer - if you are a developer you make what apps are best for the whole company, not just your division. And the simple truth is we are going to have to play nice.... because we are quickly becoming part of the "Android World" in a big way. Many here aren't going to like it, and many there aren't going to like it. But the simple truth is many of us are going to be spending time at Android Central in the App Section
    m1kr0 likes this.
    12-06-13 08:13 AM
    This.

You gonna let a supposed slight from a site editor affect your enjoyment perception of an entire platform resource?
    12-06-13 08:30 AM

The BOSS doesn't really care who has what title or what device they prefer
    He should care BlackBerry is paying android to use their player I suppose the apps are included in the contract. Been nice to others means staying on Mobile Nation and not going to another website to check for android news. Also he is calling his colleagues, Kevin, Adam, Chris, Blaze and all the others at CrackBerry, because they sideload too

Posted via CB10
    12-06-13 08:37 AM
    He should care BlackBerry is paying android to use their player I suppose the apps are included in the contract. Been nice to others means staying on Mobile Nation and not going to another website to check for android news. Also he is calling his colleagues, Kevin, Adam, Chris, Blaze and all the others at CrackBerry, because they sideload too

Posted via CB10
    Where did you hear this? No. What contract?

And if Blaize and others can listen to the podcast without being offended, surely the rest of us can too?
    12-06-13 08:41 AM
    Where did you hear this? No. What contract?

And if Blaize and others can listen to the podcast without being offended, surely the rest of us can too?
    So do you think android just said yes you can use our player and don't pay us a thing?

And maybe there didn't post anything but surely anyone will be offended when you are being called stuff

Posted via CB10
    12-06-13 08:47 AM
    Would it be cuz Crackberry already has a developer account and everything all set up. So android central just used that instead of making an account for on app they will be putting on there...

Posted via CB10
    12-06-13 08:49 AM
    So do you think android just said yes you can use our player and don't pay us a thing?

And maybe there didn't post anything but surely anyone will be offended when you are being called stuff

Posted via CB10
    The portion BBRY is using is open source. Google/Android does not receive direct compensation from BBRY for using it, just as it doesn't receive cash from Amazon for using forked Android in the Kindle devices.

And the day I get offended by someone saying something bad about technology I bought with my own money will be the last day I use technology. I don't mind discussing attributes, but nothing anyone says can bother me.
    12-06-13 08:54 AM
    The portion BBRY is using is open source. Google/Android does not receive direct compensation from BBRY for using it,
    Not everything that they are using is open source

Posted via CB10
    12-06-13 09:07 AM
    Not everything that they are using is open source

Posted via CB10
    I think its save to trust Tre on this one. The runtime BB is using is open source.
    12-06-13 09:25 AM
    I think its save to trust Tre on this one. The runtime BB is using is open source.
    I'm just saying not a 100% of the Android use on BlackBerry is open source and I'm not whether is good or bad to use android apps this is how an editor express about another community. And yet the other community that he talked about is under the same umbrella (mobile nation)

Posted via CB10
    12-06-13 09:36 AM
    I'm just saying not a 100% of the Android use on BlackBerry is open source and I'm not whether is good or bad to use android apps this is how an editor express about another community. And yet the other community that he talked about is under the same umbrella (mobile nation)
    Just have a chuckle and keep moving....
    12-06-13 09:45 AM
    Googles iron grip on Android: Controlling open source by any means necessary | Ars Technica

While Android is open, it's more of a "look but don't touch" kind of open. You're allowed to contribute to Android and allowed to use it for little hobbies, but in nearly every area, the deck is stacked against anyone trying to use Android without Google's blessing. The second you try to take Android and do something that Google doesn't approve of, it will bring the world crashing down upon you.
    Either BlackBerry will soon announce a "deal" with Google... or the features we have seen in the leaked 10.2.1.1055 will disapear as quickly as they appeared. Being that some at BlackBerry have made statements in a way that leads us to believe that this is where they are going... I assume that BlackBerry has a deal.
    12-06-13 09:50 AM
    Googles iron grip on Android: Controlling open source by any means necessary | Ars Technica

Either BlackBerry will soon announce a "deal" with Google... or the features we have seen in the leaked 10.2.1.1055 will disapear as quickly as they appeared. Being that some at BlackBerry have made statements in a way that leads us to believe that this is where they are going... I assume that BlackBerry has a deal.
    Thank you, good read. Amazon will continue unperturbed I'm sure and they do have the muscle to continue. I'm of the opinion that BB will continue with the open runtime and will not close any deal with Google, for the Google services api and related IP. I do not think BB is about to become yet another Google device, it will remain a BlackBerry with an open android runtime. My opinion.
    12-06-13 10:14 AM

Posted via CB10
    The Dalvik VM is open source.google what that means.

Android isn't an entity. Google doesn't own Android.

Nobody can pay Android anything as Android itself can't do anything on its own.

Some people...

Posted via CB10
    12-07-13 07:48 AM
    You do realize the Android Central is part of Mobile Nations which includes CrackBerry. Its one big family. Kevin said the person who did the AC app on Android was working on the CB app. So would be safe to assume that same dev made the tweeks to said AC App and submitted it to BB World. thus showing CB as the developer.
    12-07-13 07:58 AM
    Just have a chuckle and keep moving....
    Yeah. I often chuckle when people like LopeZ10 are dead wrong about stuff.

LopeZ10 said that BlackBerry needs to pay "Android" (this already shows he doesn't know what he was talking about) to use the Android Player.

This is 100% factually incorrect. The Android runtime is open source. No amount of "chuckles" make what he said any less completely wrong or misinformed.

Posted via CB10
    12-07-13 05:16 PM
    Good grief.

Posted via CB10
    12-07-13 05:57 PM