To be clear, I'm talking here about apps that come preloaded to blackberry such as the native browser and bbm, e.g. whenever you close the browsers active frame, it deletes your tabs, now I know it's not the same but say for example on an ios browser, even if you kill safari (double tap slide up) when you open it again, the tabs are saved..

Maybe this was to stress the system less by having less to cache and may add to the security of it, but other things like the music app absolutely make no sense, I use Neutron and it can save where my last song was, whereas the native music app resets..

The clock has to be an active frame to do a countdown (I assume for stopwatch you but never really use it) which would be okay, except the active frame doesn't even show you the countdown time (just the normal clock face)

Bbm also resets (what chats are shown etc)

Surely blackberry would promote the headless feature by using it in their own native apps heavily? Unless they didn't plan on including it..

Imagine if file manager could transfer files in the background, no active frame (or if there was an active frame it showed you progress) and to see progress you just swipe down and it's shown similar to the way it's shown when downloading an app from BlackBerry World..

I just don't understand how some developers could have gone further with headless that the native apps..

TechCraze C0008DDD1
    01-18-14 05:21 PM
    Headless doesn't really mean that the app retains it's current state, but that it runs jn the background. Your file transfer example is a good one, but BBM is indeed headless or you couldn't get BBM messages when the app was closed.
    01-18-14 05:30 PM
    Headless doesn't really mean that the app retains it's current state, but that it runs jn the background. Your file transfer example is a good one, but BBM is indeed headless or you couldn't get BBM messages when the app was closed.
    Fair point, is remaining it's current state an addition to being headless or something different altogether though?

TechCraze C0008DDD1
    01-18-14 05:43 PM
    Fair point, is remaining it's current state an addition to being headless or something different altogether though?

TechCraze C0008DDD1
    I guess it would be headless++ or something lol.
    Maintaining the app state in memory would use device resources. Not a lot in most cases, but some, and it could add up. For performance sake I believe it's probably best as is, and apps you want to stay the same can be left open. Or developers can set up their apps to restore your state when you you launch the app (bit that will still use memory).

I think Android and iOS are the same (granted I force kill apps on my android tablet when I'm done using them).
    01-18-14 05:58 PM
    With 10.2 , the browser can save tabs and reopen when started, timer and stopwatch keep counting even when the clock app is closed

As Scrid said, some of the features has not much to do with headless to do.
    01-18-14 06:05 PM
    With 10.2 , the browser can save tabs and reopen when started, timer and stopwatch keep counting even when the clock app is closed

As Scrid said, some of the features has not much to do with headless to do.
    I'm on 10.2.1 and not xp that?

TechCraze C0008DDD1
    01-18-14 06:08 PM