Why whatsapp is trying to destroy os10?
    I cannot find just one technical reason.

Is apple or google paying it? As BlackBerry is canadian could be the us goverment trying to avoid any alternative not from US?
    Is Blackberry trying to move some users to Priv?

Supporting doesn't mean to have new versions but also doesn't mean that it will not work.
    The native version exist so no need of a big investement in developement just a guy in case, it is not only cheap but almost cash.

If Email/ftp... protocols are still compatible, why whatsapp require updates every few weeks? Have they the worst developers? An stupid politic and money?

Skype stop development for macosX PPC but old version of skype worked for more than 5years, curiously it stop working when Ms bought skype.

Posted via CB10
    DreadPirateRegan and Jakob P like this.
    07-09-16 03:43 AM
    No need for conspiracy theories. It doesn't pay for Whatsapp to continue supporting BB10, and instead of just vanishing they chose to provide advanced warning. If there was a motive other than development costs, they wouldn't continue providing updates now.
    07-09-16 05:42 AM
    I agree that there is no reason to assume that there is anything malicious going on there. It's just a business decision like any other and there is no reason to take it personal.

Many people here seem to feel it will be the end of BB10 for them. It's all about what's important to you I suppose. Whatsapp isn't trying to get you to switch to a new phone, they are just informing you that their service may no longer be available to you should you choose not to. Personally, the rest of BB10 is far more important to me than Whatsapp.
    07-09-16 06:42 AM
    @OP lack of API for whatsapp ,did you noticed incoming voice call on whatsapp doesn't have screen calling?
    07-09-16 06:51 AM

Yes, it's a conspiracy.
    elfabio80 and pgg101 like this.
    07-09-16 09:53 AM

Yes, it's a conspiracy.
    ^^^^^^^^^getting old.
    07-09-16 10:04 AM
    If they have no intention, they will show a different message, not so alarmist, this email cause panic.

Even without support bb10os whatsapp should work for at least 2or 3 years more. And also BB10 support android so devices could die before have not whatsapp working.

IMHO there is bad intention.

Posted via CB10
    07-09-16 01:04 PM
    If they have no intention, they will show a different message, not so alarmist, this email cause panic.

Even without support bb10os whatsapp should work for at least 2or 3 years more. And also BB10 support android so devices could die before have not whatsapp working.

IMHO there is bad intention.
    I don't think you can assume the BB10 app will work properly for 2-3 more years.

In any case, it will be totally unsupported and could stop working any day after Dec 31. WhatsApp is a responsible company that actually notifies its users ahead of time so they can plan accordingly.

That's not a conspiracy, that's just good customer relations from a well managed company.
    07-09-16 01:13 PM
    But y not leaving the app as it is after december 31?? Anyways BlackBerry is not gona release updates for BB10..so no need of apps to br worked upon.

I too think this is some kind of ugly play of somebody. Either by BlackBerry themselves or somebody else!

Posted via CB10
    07-09-16 02:22 PM
    But y not leaving the app as it is after december 31?? Anyways BlackBerry is not gona release updates for BB10..so no need of apps to br worked upon.
    (1) Because proper companies don't just leave orphaned products hanging around. (2) the BB10 app won't support new features they plan to introduce. That could include new protocols.

I too think this is some kind of ugly play of somebody. Either by BlackBerry themselves or somebody else!
    I think people are taking this personally and trying to find malice in a normal rational business decision.
    BigBadWulf and Troy Tiscareno like this.
    07-09-16 02:31 PM
    No need for conspiracy theories. It doesn't pay for Whatsapp to continue supporting BB10, and instead of just vanishing they chose to provide advanced warning. If there was a motive other than development costs, they wouldn't continue providing updates now.
    That's why many of us, including me as non-user, have said that they would pay 10-20 bucks per month to keep it alive. Sure, that won't cover all of their costs but at least it gives them something back for their (loyal) service.

Posted via CB10 using BlackBerry Passport (OG Red)
    07-09-16 02:33 PM
    Why whatsapp is trying to destroy os10?
    I cannot find just one technical reason.

Is apple or google paying it? As BlackBerry is canadian could be the us goverment trying to avoid any alternative not from US?
    Is Blackberry trying to move some users to Priv?

Supporting doesn't mean to have new versions but also doesn't mean that it will not work.
    The native version exist so no need of a big investement in developement just a guy in case, it is not only cheap but almost cash.

If Email/ftp... protocols are still compatible, why whatsapp require updates every few weeks? Have they the worst developers? An stupid politic and money?

Skype stop development for macosX PPC but old version of skype worked for more than 5years, curiously it stop working when Ms bought skype.

Posted via CB10
    Google, Apple, Microsoft and BlackBerry are conspiring to move everyone to Android or IOS and the moneychanger cabals will be found to be controlled by Microsoft and BlackBerry who in turn have large positions in Google, Apple plus Facebook. If you spell Zuck's first name backwards in reverse it spells Mark..... Coincidence? I don't think so.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    07-09-16 02:38 PM

Posted via CB10
    Who is this 'somebody' ^^ ?

Via Pasta CB10
    07-09-16 02:41 PM

Via Pasta CB10
    It must be Chen. It's all a part of his plan to continue to gain more BBM users.

Essentially, the more users that migrate from Whatsapp to BBM translates into more sticker sales.

More sticker sales = profit

Once they can reach their target of sticker sales and sticker club subscriptions stabilize, they will have enough cash flow to gamble again and release the PlayBook 2.

Of course, this is all only part of the bigger plan of the "greys" and Chen is simply a puppet figure of their orchestration.

Clearly, you are uninformed or you would already know all of this.
    tollfeeder and FabriciusFab like this.
    07-09-16 03:27 PM
    It must be Chen. It's all a part of his plan to continue to gain more BBM users.

Essentially, the more users that migrate from Whatsapp to BBM translates into more sticker sales.

Once they can reach their target of sticker sales and sticker club subscriptions stabilize, they will have enough cash flow to gamble again and release the PlayBook 2.

Of course, this is all only part of the bigger plan of the "greys" and Chen is simply a puppet figure of their orchestration.

Stickers <3

Via Pasta CB10
    07-09-16 03:46 PM
    (1) Because proper companies don't just leave orphaned products hanging around. (2) the BB10 app won't support new features they plan to introduce. That could include new protocols.

I think people are taking this personally and trying to find malice in a normal rational business decision.
    It would have been a normal decision if it let whatsapp stop for every other BBOS since they are already out of even support just like all the other OS they have mentioned. Instead they decided to even kill it for bb10. Atleast they should have just let the app be there without anymore updates or support. And they shouldnt just scare with these information everytime. Each time we register in whatsapp in BB10, they show this. And also they did a pop up notice that too 6 months before. So if people jump ship now, maybe they will jump to anything other than BlackBerry maybe. Maybe they will never choose a BlackBerry anymore. I think a notice within the app even before 6 months and a pop up maybe last month or 2 months before would be a fare game.

Posted via CB10
    dpgo likes this.
    07-09-16 04:08 PM

Via Pasta CB10
    Somebody can be anybody
    Its left for everybody else to fill!

Posted via CB10
    07-09-16 04:08 PM

Hehehehe...seems like u r very reasonable and intelligent person :P

Posted via CB10
    07-09-16 04:09 PM
    Somebody can be anybody
    Its left for everybody else to fill!

Posted via CB10
    Buttehm..somebody ≠ anybody :/

Via Pasta CB10
    07-09-16 04:25 PM
    Users are already complaining on the forums that they can't see quoted messages in WhatsApp. Imagine how bad it will be after 6-12 months of new features are added in 2017?
    chain13 likes this.
    07-09-16 07:43 PM
    It would have been a normal decision if it let whatsapp stop for every other BBOS since they are already out of even support just like all the other OS they have mentioned. Instead they decided to even kill it for bb10.
    No, they've said they are stopping support for every unpopular OS. BB10 is just one of these that they announced.

Atleast they should have just let the app be there without anymore updates or support.
    The app has their name on it. They feel responsible for the quality of their service. They will either support it properly or drop it. Not let it hang in the wind.

And they shouldnt just scare with these information everytime. Each time we register in whatsapp in BB10, they show this. And also they did a pop up notice that too 6 months before. So if people jump ship now, maybe they will jump to anything other than BlackBerry maybe. Maybe they will never choose a BlackBerry anymore. I think a notice within the app even before 6 months and a pop up maybe last month or 2 months before would be a fare game.
    They aren't "scaring" people. They are notifying them so people can make plans. The Priv runs WA perfectly well and is fully supported.

So will every new BlackBerry device from now on. These are supported by WA. In fact it is very easy for anyone to buy a BlackBerry that runs WA and Uber and Snapchat and every other app perfectly well.
    Uzi likes this.
    07-09-16 09:02 PM
    No, they've said they are stopping support for every unpopular OS. BB10 is just one of these that they announced.

The app has their name on it. They feel responsible for the quality of their service. They will either support it properly or drop it. Not let it hang in the wind.

They aren't "scaring" people. They are notifying them so people can make plans. The Priv runs WA perfectly well and is fully supported.

So will every new BlackBerry device from now on. These are supported by WA. In fact it is very easy for anyone to buy a BlackBerry that runs WA and Uber and Snapchat and every other app perfectly well.
    Yeah, but not everyone, including me and my parents, want something else than BB10. It's easy for you to say that one should just move over to Android but if you don't like its work flow and/or the company behind it (Google)...

07-09-16 11:54 PM
    Yeah, but not everyone, including me and my parents, want something else than BB10. It's easy for you to say that one should just move over to Android but if you don't like its work flow and/or the company behind it (Google)...

You have to weigh out your priorities, and make your own choices. Whatsapp isn't responsible for the phone you choose. They're responsible for their app, and their financial stability.
    07-10-16 12:02 AM
    Users are already complaining on the forums that they can't see quoted messages in WhatsApp. Imagine how bad it will be after 6-12 months of new features are added in 2017?
    Nobody is going to complain about the app which declares a "no-more updates or features" stage!

Posted via CB10
    FabriciusFab likes this.
    07-10-16 01:57 AM
    You have to weigh out your priorities, and make your own choices. Whatsapp isn't responsible for the phone you choose. They're responsible for their app, and their financial stability.
    I was talking about the move to Android, not WhatApp's responsibility. Please re-read my post.

07-10-16 02:16 AM
170 123 ...