Guys,

I bought my Z10 yesterday but sadly i returned it tonight. I was not happy with it, all the apps i am used to are not in blackberry world and side loading apps you cant update and came from the playbook its not good.!

I was really happy when i got the phone, but after a day of use, i am disappointed. im a blackberry supporter but, why launch the SMARTPHONE that is going to save your company when you dont have important apps, "oh but we have launched more than 70k apps.. ppfffff, 69,000 of them Su$&".. oh yeah, you can side load apps though.. yeah side load apps you cant update, and that where converted to bar for the bb playbook in 2011.!

Its just me thinking, dont get me wrong, ive been blackberry abuser since 2005.

anyone share the same opinion.!?
    Fnen90 likes this.
    03-27-13 08:02 PM
    **** to the no. I love my Z10

Posted via CB10
    03-27-13 08:04 PM
    Guys,

I bought my Z10 yesterday but sadly i returned it tonight. I was not happy with it, all the apps i am used to are not in blackberry world and side loading apps you cant update and came from the playbook its not good.!

I was really happy when i got the phone, but after a day of use, i am disappointed. im a blackberry supporter but, why launch the SMARTPHONE that is going to save your company when you dont have important apps, "oh but we have launched more than 70k apps.. ppfffff, 69,000 of them Su$&".. oh yeah, you can side load apps though.. yeah side load apps you cant update, and that where converted to bar for the bb playbook in 2011.!

The platform has spent less than two months on sale (and not even a week in the US), apps are obviously going to be an issue. If you have apps that you absolutely can't let go and aren't available on the Z10, then unfortunately this just isn't the phone for you right now. Out of curiosity though, what apps was it that you needed?
    BlackistheBerry and ErinnM like this.
    03-27-13 08:04 PM
    I can't believe it.

Posted via CB10
    03-27-13 08:06 PM
    Guys,

Just out of curiosity, didn't you check on the apps that you needed BEFORE you went out and picked up the phone?
    pandapurple, robkd and shaleem like this.
    03-27-13 08:07 PM
    why do people buy a phone when the one issue they have is apps? Why wouldnt you look first to be sure before you put money out there...Then create a thread to tell us?
    shaleem and stevepar like this.
    03-27-13 08:09 PM
    You've been a CB member since 2008 and didn't research the apps, that are apparently critical for your day to day needs, prior to buying the Z10.
    Honestly, this makes no sense at all. Sorry it didn't work out for you.

Posted via CB10
    03-27-13 08:11 PM
    You're a member of CB since 08... how is this not known to you? There are tons of threads on these little "issues". A little research into a product before purchase goes a long way (you can make a better informed decision)
    03-27-13 08:13 PM
    You just spent 200 bucks without doing any research?

*facepalm*

Posted on my sexy Zee10 via the CB app
    03-27-13 08:13 PM
    My banks app, mint, credit card app, pandora radio, skype, google maps, starbucks, spotify, google drive, dropbox, etc.. I think that was my error, not researching, i come from the Galaxy SIII.! i returned the phone so it doesnt matter if i spent 200.!
    Last edited by emantica; 03-27-13 at 08:16 PM. Reason: Some addings
    Fnen90 likes this.
    03-27-13 08:14 PM
    I agree. They shouldn't have launched it yet. They should've waited a few years to entice more apps. I'm sure devs would be a lot more likely to develop for a platform that has zero users than one that is actively used by customers. Great logic, OP. BlackBerry should've hired you since they're clearly so clueless.
    03-27-13 08:14 PM
    Here we go again with the app topic...
    eldricho, habs_fan, Fnen90 and 7 others like this.
    03-27-13 08:15 PM
    Glad you've returned it. Not glad you've wrote about it.

Posted via CB10
    03-27-13 08:16 PM
    My banks app, mint, credit card app, pandora radio, skype, google maps, starbucks, spotify, google drive, dropbox, etc.
    Skype is coming soon, Google Maps works well in the browser (or it can be sideloaded, though admittedly neither one is an ideal solution), and DropBox is integrated right into the native File Manager. The others are more problematic than these however, and it's difficult to predict when they'll arrive on BlackBerry 10, if ever - Google, for one, is likely going to be very reluctant to produce apps for BB10, seeing as they have their own mobile OS to sell. As I said before, looks like another phone would be ideal for you...
    03-27-13 08:16 PM
    It's a chicken and egg situation. When you have more customers, you get the apps that developers are willing to commit themselves doing and supporting. Bet WhatsApp will not ever look back again. The customer base for whatsapp is huge.

Posted via CB10
    03-27-13 08:18 PM
    Well the OP obviously downloaded 1000 apps and they all sucked, according to his post... hmmm... Well, you can't please everyone I guess.
    I'm quite happy with the $200 in apps and games I've purchased since I got my Z10 and I also love the anticipation of getting more. Skype, V1KI, and the like are on the way, too bad you're going to miss out. Enjoy your iPhone or whatever you're falling back too...
    03-27-13 08:19 PM
    The world is doomed.
    jdhooghe likes this.
    03-27-13 08:21 PM
    For a guy that has been a Crackberry member and complaining about apps is a waste of time. Especially on a new OS. Banks will of course take the longest to come on board.

Posted via CB10
    03-27-13 08:21 PM
    To OP...your life would have been made a little easier if you just started a thread asking about these apps first as opposed to going out, buying a z10, returning it, then starting a thread about that.

Posted via CB10
    habs_fan likes this.
    03-27-13 08:22 PM
    Remember to give your thread a descriptive title!

http://forums.crackberry.com/general...heres-how.html
    03-27-13 08:24 PM
    I was patiently waiting for Skype to come to the platform when I realized why wait there are viable alternatives to Skype so I downloaded face flow and told my family that if they want to video chat to get it to. Now I don't even care if Skype comes or not. However I understand that there are some apps that can't be replaced, but I don't think that number is too high for me at least. Hopefully when the platforms matures most of the major everyday third party apps will be on board but if not all I really need is my CrackBerry App hahaha.

Posted via CB10
    03-27-13 08:26 PM
    I think I am going to make an auto text for any posts like this.

I'm trying really hard not to lash out but seriously. The device took an extra month to hit the US. Lots of time to research what is and isn't available. Lots of time to research the current state of the phone. What works, what needs improvement.

For months people have been saying it needs apps. Did you think the minute you bought the device that these apps would magically appear? It takes time to develop apps. Also the developers have to see a potential customer base and interest to draw them in.

STFU. And in case you didn't know what that means...do some research and you'll quickly find out.

Don't get me wrong, I know the product needs some work. I accept that this isn't a 10th generation BlackBerry. This is the first generation of a new product built from the ground up.

Posted via CB10
    03-27-13 08:34 PM
    You're a member of CB since 08... how is this not known to you? There are tons of threads on these little "issues". A little research into a product before purchase goes a long way (you can make a better informed decision)
    He may not have the app for that.

Posted via CB10
    03-27-13 08:36 PM
    I've been BlackBerry since 99. They invented smartphones, I use mine for business...iPhone invented distraction.

Posted via CB10
    stevepar and pandapurple like this.
    03-27-13 08:38 PM
    Apps... Meh. I've had users with iPhones for years that haven't even created an Apple ID or added a single app. I've seen BB users with tons of apps. And I've seen the opposite. I would wager that the majority of smartphone users use very little of the potential of these devices.

"Apps" is such a nebulous term. It's like saying "food". I think we can all agree that food is important, but then the different viewpoints start to come into play... likes, dislikes, preferences, etc.
    gritsinct and Cap_172R like this.
    03-27-13 08:45 PM
67 123