Whine 3.0.0.2 is starting to appear as an update in BlackBerry World.

Whine:  Vine client for BB10-img_20141118_140441.png

Attachment 315341
    11-18-14 04:07 PM
    Excellent!
    I suggest to update. It saves you money with using a lot less bandwidth.
    SirJes likes this.
    11-18-14 04:09 PM
    Making a functional first run is another app inside an app. I got plenty sub-apps inside. If you know what I mean. But I will do it for next update.

After I was behaving like a little ***** on Twitter and had my rant this morning, beautiful and wonderful people at BlackBerry took the review again and approved it this time!

Whine 3.0.0.2 is on the rollout while I'm preparing the next update with some bugfixes and that first run UI.
    Make it self delete after first run.

One and only knight of the round table belonging to the Peevishlicious Crew- SirJes
    11-18-14 05:03 PM
    Hey Knobby,

Just curious...do you or other devs build kicka$$ apps for BB10 in the hopes that the company, (vine, instagram, etc.) will pay you for your work and take over the app instead of building their own?

Or, do you just take pride in making that kicka$$ app? LOL
    11-18-14 10:54 PM
    Just found a small bug. Looks like this user's name breaks encoding somehow? On Z10STL100-3/10.3.0.1418
    https://vine.co/v/OJZgjjleXwT

Whine:  Vine client for BB10-img_20141119_011220.png
    11-19-14 12:15 AM
    Huh. Stupid html. Will try to fix it soon.

BTW Whine 3.0.0.3 has been released.
    Fixed some typos and BlackBullet integration.
    This one now goes for review for Built For BlackBerry.
    11-19-14 02:39 AM
    Fantastic work. Also when it's released to the masses one thing that annoyed me when I had an iPhone is the frequency of updating apps. I hope you won't be one of those guys.

Posted via CB10
    11-19-14 09:43 AM
    Updates Galore!
    Whine:  Vine client for BB10-img_20141119_114615.png

One and only knight of the round table belonging to the Peevishlicious Crew- SirJes
    11-19-14 09:47 AM
    No new version until I figure out what to do with non alphanumerics in passwords and Twitter login.
    Otherwise this is a very stable build with no critical or fatal errors and a very few small bugs.
    11-19-14 10:43 AM
    Great work with the updates Knob, this app is amazing!

Now i don't mean to do this, but there is one annoying bug that's been here since the app was first released!

When I'm viewing a category from the explore tab, like the Comedy section, when i revine one Vine clip, for some reason it will revine other Vines down the list!

The strange part is that when i tap the revine button to un-revine the Vine that was revined by the app (that wording tho), it states "404 the record does not exist"

It's weird because the app doesn't actually revine the vine, because it doesn't appear in my feed, but the revine button seems to be broken. So if i actually wanted to revine the vine, it won't let me!!!

It's a weird but it's annoying

But either way great app man! Keep up the awesome work!

Posted via CB10
    11-19-14 01:52 PM
    There is a minority of users reporting this issue. It will be solved after next major update introducing a database for even less bandwidth usage. 1 fix will solve 4 known problems.
    Thanks! Enjoy the app!
    11-19-14 01:58 PM
    A small info about scrambled videos playing.
    Confirmed as an internal BlackBerry multimedia renderer bug affecting STL100-1 devices.
    Improvement has been made. Still not fixed completely.
    11-19-14 02:07 PM
    A small info about scrambled videos playing.
    Confirmed as an internal BlackBerry multimedia renderer bug affecting STL100-1 devices.
    Improvement has been made. Still not fixed completely.
    Wonder if the os I'm on is what it improved in? :s Z10STL100-1/10.3.1.1151 did they tell him which os?

11-19-14 02:22 PM
    Sorry to sound like a broken record but I need my leading edge back! Please allow us to hide the bottom bar on Q10! Would be nice to see everything in view all at once instead of scrolling to see the name and top 3/4ths of the video, or no name and the full video.

Is this on the roadmap?

Great work in any case!

Posted via CB10
    11-20-14 02:14 AM
    I'm aware of the leading edge problem. It was caused by the username and user icon bring in top and video is not a first element in list item anymore. If I can make an offset somehow that would be great.
    Last edited by knobtviker; 11-20-14 at 10:09 AM.
    11-20-14 03:59 AM
    After investigating about the leadingEdge problem, I decided to open a feature request with BlackBerry.
    It beats me having different layouts for different phones.
    If you can, please support it, devs or not.

https://www.blackberry.com/jira/browse/BBTEN-2712
    11-20-14 10:10 AM
    Just got 10.3.1. Wow. Well done. I believe I also did pay.

Only thing I could find is we appear to be losing a second on the time constraints still though at least everything is functioning. Bravo!

Posted via CB10
    11-23-14 01:53 PM
    Can the length of you vines be increased by a second? We're losing a second a vine through whine.

Posted via CB10
    11-30-14 08:58 AM
    No. Stop whining. You aren't losing a second because of my code. Only sometimes you lose a max 500ms (more like 200ms) because BlackBerry has a bug in asynchronous camera delay start/stop multimedia encoder when recording a video.
    I have clarified this for zillion times already in the past.
    If you value your 500ms of precious performance in a vine then file a bug report to BlackBerry JIRA just like I already have 2 years ago and hope they fix it.
    coloibarra likes this.
    12-01-14 06:27 AM
    OK thanks buddy. Where do I wrote to them?

Posted via CB10
    12-01-14 03:07 PM
    Update 3.2.0.0 is rolling out now for 10.3.x users!

Only after 12 hours in review and BlackBerry approved an update with new features and bug fixes.
    * Follow Channels.
    * Pick Favorite users.
    * Redesigned login buttons.
    * Fixed special characters in Twitter

Many users have asked for uploading videos and editing them in Whine. Unfortunately, I'm still waiting for media editing APIs to be released publicly by BlackBerry.
    SirJes, flyingsolid and tryfe like this.
    12-18-14 05:32 AM
    Anyone got the update prompt for 3.2.0.1?

This has been a very silent thread lately. What's the matter? No bugs to report or nobody cares anymore? :|

Leave some reviews on BBW please!
    jzajac likes this.
    12-26-14 04:37 AM
    Anyone got the update prompt for 3.2.0.1?

This has been a very silent thread lately. What's the matter? No bugs to report or nobody cares anymore? :|

Leave some reviews on BBW please!
    Just downloaded the update now!

I think the only thing that has ever bothered me about the app is scrolling from the bottom back to the top and having all the vines play simultaneously. That doesn't happen for me when scrolling from top to bottom, but when scrolling quickly from bottom to top it creates a giant explosion of noise. I never really considered it a true "bug", I just assumed it was how the app needed to perform. I would love it if there was some delay of only a second or two to play the vine so that wouldn't happen when scrolling up.

Again, I'm really reaching here for anything as this is just a well made app, at least in the eyes of someone who is more of a viewer and less of a poster. Thanks for everything you've done and continue to do with this app!

Posted via CB10
    12-26-14 08:11 AM
    Like you said Knob, there haven't been any bugs to report! I haven't encountered anything during my daily use, it's a solid app! !

Posted via CB10
    knobtviker likes this.
    12-26-14 11:15 AM
    Just downloaded the update now!

I think the only thing that has ever bothered me about the app is scrolling from the bottom back to the top and having all the vines play simultaneously. That doesn't happen for me when scrolling from top to bottom, but when scrolling quickly from bottom to top it creates a giant explosion of noise. I never really considered it a true "bug", I just assumed it was how the app needed to perform. I would love it if there was some delay of only a second or two to play the vine so that wouldn't happen when scrolling up.

Again, I'm really reaching here for anything as this is just a well made app, at least in the eyes of someone who is more of a viewer and less of a poster. Thanks for everything you've done and continue to do with this app!

Posted via CB10
    I know about this. But... I'll try to explain.
    This is an issue with BlackBerry Cascades ListView control. Its items are not in the same UI process thread as the control itself. So while 2 different threads communicate and exchange start/stop signals and/or data it takes a bit of asynchronous time. If there is a lot to handle then it all stops and you get chaos until it sorts itself out.
    I reported this already a long time ago. So far no improvement.
    A stupid solution would be to scroll slower.
    jzajac likes this.
    12-26-14 12:59 PM
2,875 ... 108109110111112 ...