as in subject....when will there be whatsapp on Z10 (BB10)?
    it's unacceptable that there isn't yet! I bought a new phone with less apps than the old one!
    What do I tell to my contacts?! .."Sorry, but exRIM dosen't do yet the basic apps for his new platform!....please, wait....about 5/6 months"

It's unbelievable....
    am16034 and Fnen90 like this.
    02-04-13 02:06 AM
    Just sideload the Android one for the time being
    02-04-13 02:44 AM
    legitimate complaint.

despite having text, bbm, email, and the device being a phone itself, it can be seen as an inadequate means of communication. hilarious.
    NightSlayer, Firaaz and sydsam like this.
    02-04-13 02:52 AM
    just curious how well android loaded app works on BB10.
    02-04-13 02:54 AM
    rumor has it that by Feb 14 they will have Whatsapp on BB10
    02-04-13 03:00 AM
    rumor has it that by Feb 14 they will have Whatsapp on BB10
    Is it a Saint Valentine gift? What the f.uck are they doing?

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    02-04-13 03:11 AM
    They were careful with their wording.... WhatsApp have committed to make an app, not that one is there now.

I believe they were promising a beta version within a few weeks.
    02-04-13 03:20 AM
    rim,exrim,blackberry.... call themselves what they want! in any case, they are disappointing! that's the point!
    02-04-13 03:25 AM
    Why are Blackberry the disappointing ones? The developers at WhatsApp decided not to build and release the app in time.
    02-04-13 04:27 AM
    should blackberry break into whatsapp offices and force them at gun point to make the app?
    aside from that, just what in **** do you expect them to do about it?

Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 using Tapatalk
    02-04-13 04:36 AM
    Why are Blackberry the disappointing ones? The developers at WhatsApp decided not to build and release the app in time.
    please! I give money to you! You give me the app in time! Instead to give a lot of money to Alicia Keys (why? why? why?) exRIM could give a lot of money to developers!
    02-04-13 04:47 AM
    Go back to your old phone, then switch back when it's available.
    02-04-13 04:53 AM
    i also cant wait for the native whatsaoo... i have sideloadoed the android version and it works ok.. and i use that term loosely.. just ok... it works only if whatsapp is open and remains open as an active frame.. then you will get a notification if you are sent a message... otherwise nada...10 hours later you might get a notification in the notificatyons section of the hub saying you were messaged (when whatsapp is closed)

contrary to what i thought.. sideloading is not a good solution... we really need the native version asap...
    02-04-13 04:53 AM
    I'm still lost - seeing the comments from the WhatsApp team Blackberry have offered them all the assistance they need etc, the app is coming - it just isnt ready yet, so - are you also complaining on the WhatsApp forums about the delay in THEM releasing the app?

If you are desperate for WhatsApp you can sideload the android version that has been converted.
    dzbeebo likes this.
    02-04-13 04:54 AM
    I'm still lost - seeing the comments from the WhatsApp team Blackberry have offered them all the assistance they need etc, the app is coming - it just isnt ready yet, so - are you also complaining on the WhatsApp forums about the delay in THEM releasing the app?

If you are desperate for WhatsApp you can sideload the android version that has been converted.
    who care of whatsapp! the point is that Blackberry dosen't have apps with can be fight with competitors... who care if new Z10 is too fast,too slight,too ..... but if there aren't the basic apps.... are you happy to spend hundred of dollars for an useless smartphone?!
    02-04-13 05:15 AM
    Bloody ****, calm down dear.. its only an application!!

You do know that WhatsApp is being investigated for infringing Data and privacy Laws in both Canada and Holland, which is probably why its delayed... its also known to be very unsecure and has been hacked a few times.. now BB's are known for their security so having an unsecure app would break that security..
    02-04-13 05:31 AM
    who care of whatsapp! the point is that Blackberry dosen't have apps with can be fight with competitors... who care if new Z10 is too fast,too slight,too ..... but if there aren't the basic apps.... are you happy to spend hundred of dollars for an useless smartphone?!
    Ok, so you started off this thread moaning about the lack of WhatsApp, now you do not care about WhatsApp but other basic apps. Forgive me, but what basic apps are you missing?

I have Facebook, LinkedIn, FourSquare, Twitter for social networks. I have email, calendar and contacts. I have a phone. For me, and I guess many others this phone fits my needs. If you are that unhappy with it then return it.
    02-04-13 05:35 AM
    People who look to upgrade whether is from a Blackberry or from any other OS they need to be comfortable. so Whatsapp is part of those making you feel "comfortable" apps. I totally understand the frustration of certain users but like it was said... its the first 5 days that the phone has launched so lets cut them some slack ... Whatsapp will be there, Skype will be there. and if the user base is good enough everything will be there. and at the end of the day FB messenger is there which tramps on all other messengers except bbm
    CrackFachry likes this.
    02-04-13 05:46 AM
    Maybe do your research prior to purchase to avoid disappointments like this.
    jordandrews90 and Firaaz like this.
    02-04-13 06:13 AM
    Every skeptical big app devs out there are in "wait and see" game just like many skeptical former users who want to give BB another chance yet not willing to jump in with both feet wet so everything is "promised" at this point with no definite time frame, much less release date.

I have read both glowing and critical reviews on BB 10 and Z 10 for the past few days. And it seems that BB did many things right but got quite a few things wrong in the process. Ultimately, the market adoption rate over the next 6 months will be the deciding factor.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 using Tapatalk
    02-04-13 07:40 AM
    contrary to what i thought.. sideloading is not a good solution... we really need the native version asap...
    Indeed, I agree totally.

Let's not forget that side-loading is a side-affect of the real intention of BlackBerry - to make porting Android Apps easier. There is a substantial guidelines document detailing things to change to make an Android Runtime App on BlackBerry work as it should. It is stressed within the document that wrapping an existing APK up will likely have some issues if it uses C2DM (push) and that BlackBerry's servers/libs should be used.

@alexgv - your uninformed view is total BS and slander. BlackBerry have made plenty of resources available to developers, including WhatsApp, and it is WhatsApp who have not met them in the middle. If you don't like the Z10 due to a missing WhatsApp then sod off back to your old phone and wait for it to be released. Don't spew your rubbish here in some attempt to bait an argument. Also, if your clients are using WhatsApp to message you.... enough said really.
    antonnin and Jake2826 like this.
    02-04-13 07:43 AM
    Has anyone tried contacting WhatsApp to see if they have an ETA? Outside of that, it's a guessing and waiting game as to when (not if) it will be released.

A lot of apps (like Skype and WhatApp) were announced/shown at the press conference, but without dates attached (though I believe for Skype at least Alec Saunders said/implied it would be there before it gets released in the States so by March). It would have been great if they were all ready for the UK/Canada launch but its not like RIM/Blackberry could really wait for them (though they were obviously holding back for some reasons since the launch was delayed until January...).

I guess its a bit of a two edged sword... We (Canada/UK) get the phone early but without some apps (and maybe some tweaks if software updates come out before the US launch based on users experiences). Unfortunately, it is a normal early adopter situation... I can't really think of a phone that hasn't launched without at least one issue that requires a fix (Apple, Android, Windows phones have all had them). In BB's case, we've got a delayed (and hopefully slightly delayed) rollout of some apps. On the plus side though, at least we know they are coming (and hope to heck they don't pull an Amazon and say they are committed and bail later like they did with the Playbook... which I doubt they will since BB10 will have a much, much larger user base...)

BTW... I just tweeted them to see if they could provide an ETA.
    pcguy514 and Ben Bubble like this.
    02-04-13 08:19 AM
    Yes its coming. Remove the angry face please
    02-04-13 08:20 AM
    Indeed, I agree totally.

Let's not forget that side-loading is a side-affect of the real intention of BlackBerry - to make porting Android Apps easier. There is a substantial guidelines document detailing things to change to make an Android Runtime App on BlackBerry work as it should. It is stressed within the document that wrapping an existing APK up will likely have some issues if it uses C2DM (push) and that BlackBerry's servers/libs should be used.

@alexgv - your uninformed view is total BS and slander. BlackBerry have made plenty of resources available to developers, including WhatsApp, and it is WhatsApp who have not met them in the middle. If you don't like the Z10 due to a missing WhatsApp then sod off back to your old phone and wait for it to be released. Don't spew your rubbish here in some attempt to bait an argument. Also, if your clients are using WhatsApp to message you.... enough said really.
    You didn't understand the point!.... If I'm blackberry and I want to recover lost users, well I wait to release the new platform, until all things are ready! anyway, this is my opinion! and I want say it! full stop!

instead, we will be condemned to do upgrade and upgrade and wait and upgrade.....
    02-04-13 08:24 AM
    You didn't understand the point!.... If I'm blackberry and I want to recover lost users, well I wait to release the new platform, until all things are ready! anyway, this is my opinion! and I want say it! full stop!
    instead, we will be condemned to do upgrade and upgrade and wait and upgrade.....
    Since not all of us interested in some particular apps (WhatsApp in this case), why we should wait when BlackBerry, or better developers of those apps, will be ready and release them? You could wait with your phone update until all apps you need released.
    lunaticwithin and cjcampbell like this.
    02-04-13 08:31 AM
130 123 ...