When it Is instagram coming to BlackBerry?

Posted via CB10
    07-29-13 09:33 AM
    You can get it right now!

Instagram | CrackBerry.com

Go easy on him folks he's new.
    07-29-13 09:38 AM
    At launch, remember? That's what Kevin said anyway... I'm kidding. Now that it's owned by facebook, I would guess probably never. Luckily we can sideload the android version. Not that it does any good for the vast majority of BlackBerry users though

Sorry PK
    07-29-13 09:45 AM
    When it Is instagram coming to BlackBerry?

Posted via CB10
    Gizbot recently announced that they confirmed that instagram is coming to BlackBerry 10. Their sources claim the announcement should be soon.

http://www.gizbot.com/mobile/exclusi...ws-012967.html

Posted via CB10 on BlackBerry Q10
    07-29-13 11:02 AM
    Never buy a phone for rumor future features instead what it can do npw.

None of us know of apps like vine, instagram or even snapchat will ever see the light of day on BB10 all we can do is use what we have now and ask the devs.

Posted via CB10
    07-29-13 12:12 PM
    I hope it's true, if only to see what all the hype is about.

Posted via CB10
    07-29-13 02:02 PM
    Eventhough the discussions about instagram and the such have been extensive and exhausting I feel the need to add that 6 months after the BB10 os has been introduced the fact that we still do not have a series of popular apps proves one thing and one thing only : management incompetence on BlackBerry side.
    I hate to say it but if they had a clue about where they doing they would have found solutions to the popular apps and one way or another ( there are workarounds) the apps would give a complete experience to the user.

Don't get me started with sideloading. Its a ridicule for a modern device. I have done it and will do it over and over but not everyone is a crackberry addict...

The hardware and the OS are so amazing it's such a pity people don't even think about trying it out because they STILL miss some decent apps...

Giddy up waterloo clock is ticking... or there's not even a clock anymore

Posted via CB10
    07-29-13 05:42 PM
    For a lot of companies, the costs and hassles of making yet another version of their app, which includes development, testing, maintenance, documentation, training, end-user support, marketing costs, and management costs, just isn't worth it if the platform in question doesn't have substantial marketshare. If BB10 or WP had 10% share, especially in the US, you'd likely see Netflix or Instagram and similar apps being developed, but sub-5% share isn't going to motivate these companies to make anything. There's another cost as well: speed. With more apps on more platforms, it takes longer to add features or make strategic changes, because you have to do them across the different platforms. By limiting platform support, things can move at a faster pace.

A lot of people forget that the costs of an app aren't just the costs of initial development, but also the costs of ongoing support as well. Instagram doesn't have a significant revenue stream yet, so for them, this would just be adding costs. For Netflix, the subset of people with BB10, who are in the US, who don't already subscribe to Netflix, who would be new subscribers if Netflix was available on BB10, is estimated to be far to small to make app development financially feasible.

I suspect that other popular app companies have done similar math and come to the same conclusion. Until BB (or WP) gain some substantial marketshare, you aren't likely to see this change. Even Nokia is complaining (to Microsoft) about the lack of 3rd Party apps, but MS is in the exact same situation as far as marketshare.
    07-29-13 06:38 PM