Hi there,

I'm hoping our Whatsapp support team here on Crackberry can help me with this. I very recently switched between a z10 to the z30. I used the autoloader to get me to the same OS version number as the z10. I had backed up my z10 and restored it on the z30. However, I'm unable to open Whatsapp now. I know I can delete the app and re-install it, but I assume that means I will lose all the history and existing chats. Is there a way I can avoid this?

Perhaps what may be causing an issue is that I need to do something to re-instate it. I received a WhatsApp text message with a code. I have no idea what to do with the code. It hasn't asked me for one.

The error message I get a few minutes after launching the app is as follows:

There was a problem and WhatsApp has to close. Please try starting WhatsApp again. If you continue to see this message, please restart your phone.
    I do continue to see this message, and it has continued even after restarting my phone.
    Please let me know how to rectify this.
    Thanks.
    06-26-14 12:44 PM
    As long as the WhatsApp database backups got restored when you switched devices, and you're using the same BlackBerry ID on the new device, it should be able to restore your message history if you delete and reinstall.

Just use the File Manager to check that you see a bunch of "messageStore-*" files on the new device in:
    Device / misc / whatsapp / backup /
    06-26-14 01:23 PM
    As long as the WhatsApp database backups got restored when you switched devices, and you're using the same BlackBerry ID on the new device, it should be able to restore your message history if you delete and reinstall.

Just use the File Manager to check that you see a bunch of "messageStore-*" files on the new device in:
    Device / misc / whatsapp / backup /
    Hi there, thanks for the prompt response.

I am using the same Blackberry ID on the new device and I do see a bunch of "messageStore" files. Eight (8) of them to be more specific. However, it appears all of them are dated June 26th at 10pm. (or very close to that time). Will I be OK if I delete given that this is long after my restore?

Let me know.
    06-27-14 12:45 AM
    Hi guys,

So just to close this out and ensure that anyone who has a similar problem is able to resolve the issue, I ended up going into Blackberry World and "deleted" the app. I then went back and installed it and seems to be working fine now. All of my old messages from before my device switch are there. I'm not sure if there were any sent messages while I was "down", but I'm glad to have it up and running again.
    george4064 likes this.
    06-29-14 12:11 PM
    Hi guys,

So just to close this out and ensure that anyone who has a similar problem is able to resolve the issue, I ended up going into Blackberry World and "deleted" the app. I then went back and installed it and seems to be working fine now. All of my old messages from before my device switch are there. I'm not sure if there were any sent messages while I was "down", but I'm glad to have it up and running again.
    Thanks so much!! I got a new Q10 because my one's screen cracked.

New one came, had to update software, then tried to restore my old Q10 to the new one.. Was having similar WhatsApp troubles as you, but all sorted now!

I went to my BlackBerry World, uninstalled WhatsApp, reinstalled and bang its working. With all my old messages restored. I'm pretty sure any messages sent whilst my phone was offline aren't appearing on my phone.
    09-10-14 09:25 AM