Whatsapp shouldn't be pulling out of BB10 our software is improving everyday

Posted via Jd
    07-09-16 07:58 PM
    "Our software"? My BB10 experience is actually the opposite. I still love the OS and I'm not switching to anything else until I absolutely can't hold on any longer. But I see a pretty steady decline with pieces of the OS degrading. Browser gets stuck sometimes, BlackBerry Assistant has become less and less responsive, Facebook app has stopped being supported (and this was part of the OS with Hub integration), same for Whatsapp...

They are stopping support for an OS that is providing less and less support for itself. There are so many threads on this already. You can't take it personally, it is just a business decision for them that makes the most sense.

As a BlackBerry user, you must have become accustomed to work-arounds. You will need more and more. If you mean that there are more workarounds now than before and this is the "improvement" to our software, then I get you. I still don't think that is a fair statement to say, however, because these workarounds are out of necessity and not just for improving our software.
    techvisor likes this.
    07-09-16 08:10 PM
    Whatsapp shouldn't be pulling out of BB10 our software is improving everyday

Posted via Jd
    Welcome....

Glad you are enjoying your BB10 experience.
    07-11-16 08:43 AM
    BBB10 software is more than capable of running something as simple as Whatsapp lol.

Facebook is an evil corporation. Stop using Facebook, Whatsapp and all the rest of their evil products.
    07-11-16 12:45 PM
    BBB10 software is more than capable of running something as simple as Whatsapp lol.

Facebook is an evil corporation. Stop using Facebook, Whatsapp and all the rest of their evil products.
    Pretty sure that WhatsApp has said that by the end of the year... BB10 isn't going to be capable of "accessing" their services. And with the aging runtime BB10 capabilities are only going to diminishes

Good or "evil" it's something that many want or even need to access, and they will simple have to move on.
    07-11-16 03:55 PM
    Pretty sure that WhatsApp has said that by the end of the year... BB10 isn't going to be capable of "accessing" their services. And with the aging runtime BB10 capabilities are only going to diminishes

Good or "evil" it's something that many want or even need to access, and they will simple have to move on.
    It's plenty fast enough hardware and I'm sure the (admittedly restricted and no longer actively developed) APIs are more than capable of handling whatever 'Whatsapp' throws at them, lol. It's a politically motivated decision and a slap in the face from the people behind 'Facebook'.
    07-12-16 11:45 PM
    It's plenty fast enough hardware and I'm sure the (admittedly restricted and no longer actively developed) APIs are more than capable of handling whatever 'Whatsapp' throws at them, lol. It's a politically motivated decision and a slap in the face from the people behind 'Facebook'.
    It's a finically motivated decision....

Heck even BlackBerry isn't wasting resources on BB10.
    techvisor likes this.
    07-13-16 07:03 AM