Please post any news or rumours on here. Rumours will need to be at least semi verifiable.

Posted using CrackBerry App on BB10
    02-11-13 04:46 PM
    thursday
    nuff said
    sgt_snacks-64 likes this.
    02-11-13 04:49 PM
    I heard and saw a few posts saying Thursday but no proof as where that came from :/

02-11-13 06:26 PM
    it will be here before US launch ! - I can bet on this - Source , i cant tell
    battery likes this.
    02-11-13 06:51 PM
    Apparently the news is that people are getting emails from whatsapp saying it will be native and news is to follow soon. I'm sure it will be available by the time the US releases bb10 but maybe the announcement is coming Thursday. Just my opinion. Sooner the better tho.

02-12-13 03:27 AM
    Max (WhatsApp Support)

Feb 11 17:16 (PST)

Hi,

Thanks for your message. Sorry for the delay! We have received many emails recently, and we do our best to answer them all. Thank you for your patience.

We are working on a native BlackBerry 10 client and will have more news to share soon.

If you have any other questions or concerns, please feel free to contact us. We would be happy to help!

Best / Saludos,
    Max

WhatsApp Support Team
    RubberChicken76 likes this.
    02-12-13 03:48 AM
    sideloaded whatsapp is working for the impatient ones ( like me... ). issue being it wont list your contacts. so you need to be contacted from them first . they still see you as available , your photo etc etc... as l soon as they contact you you have them on your whatsapp as well.
    02-12-13 04:14 AM
    A native app will be brilliant, probably the best app they will have on all of the modern os' if they get it right with the flow etc...
    EsJayDee likes this.
    02-12-13 01:17 PM
    My friend works for one of those stores in Canada that sells phones from multiple carriers and told me today they received an email from a Telus rep stating the whatsapp app probably won't be coming until July.... I really don't see this as being true but apparently that is what this rep is saying. Not sure how we can prove or disprove it at this point though.
    02-12-13 03:45 PM
    That would be a disaster! let's see what Thursday brings.
    02-13-13 06:13 PM
    When I had What's App on my Bold 9790, it used to halve the battery life. My friend who had an iPhone said the exact same, hope it's different on the Z10 or I don't think I'll be using it!

02-13-13 09:14 PM
    How the F would the Rep know anything? More BS.

My friend works for one of those stores in Canada that sells phones from multiple carriers and told me today they received an email from a Telus rep stating the whatsapp app probably won't be coming until July.... I really don't see this as being true but apparently that is what this rep is saying. Not sure how we can prove or disprove it at this point though.
    dj_matty_s and Barljo like this.
    02-13-13 09:52 PM

Let me get this right - Your friend works in a general phone reseller. Telus (who doesn't make Whatsapp) is communicating on the availability of an independent third party application instead of the developer who is developing said third party application?
    BThunderW, battery and Rello like this.
    02-13-13 10:11 PM
    Can anyone help me in giving instructions on how I can download the sideload for Whatsapp on the BB Z10? I've tried a few things but have had no luck. Thanks guys!
    02-14-13 06:08 AM
    Can anyone help me in giving instructions on how I can download the sideload for Whatsapp on the BB Z10? I've tried a few things but have had no luck. Thanks guys!
    Sideloading - http://forums.crackberry.com/android...to-z10-769332/

Whatsapp bar file - WhatsApp : BlackBerry 10 Bars
    02-14-13 09:50 AM
    Ya I called BS too on the whole Telus rep thing but apparently someone asked the rep as customers had been asking and he sent out this email. I imagine it was just a rep talking out his *** and that he doesn't have any inside information.
    02-14-13 02:11 PM
    Any sign of a announcement from Whatsapp today?
    02-14-13 02:18 PM
    Well that's the end of the Thursday rumours. Best guess would have to be for US launch at the latest I suppose.

02-14-13 04:16 PM
    Well that's the end of the Thursday rumours. Best guess would have to be for US launch at the latest I suppose.

It's still Thursday here
    02-14-13 07:05 PM
    I wonder why whatsapp are so tight lipped about a release date? This is becoming very irritating for me. It only serves to put an extra bullet in the gin of non believers.

02-15-13 05:46 PM
    I wonder why whatsapp are so tight lipped about a release date? This is becoming very irritating for me. It only serves to put an extra bullet in the gin of non believers.

It seems whatsapp cant guve release sates because they cant keep up with their development.
    02-16-13 05:42 AM
    Well they just released a refreshed version for Android (with holo theme) which is more in line with the ics theme. So if anything I see this as a good sign that what's app will ensure a native bb10 experience too.

Hope they can focus on the bb10 a bit more, and pump out a beta soon lol keep us die hards going.

Posted via CB10
    02-17-13 10:22 AM
    Beta would be nice, but it really needs to be a full blown native app at least for the USA release. If not I fear they are going to take beating in the press, not like they need an excuse. Whether its BBRY 's fault or not, they'll get the blame.

Posted via CB10
    SnoozerBold likes this.
    02-17-13 10:41 AM
    I am hoping it's sooner rather then later, I know many who are current BlackBerry users who are debating iphone or z10, whatsapp is a major factor in their decision making.
    02-18-13 01:18 AM
    Maybe that's why it's taking so long? I'm not even going to use what's app, but I hope it comes soon just because I want BlackBerry to do well and What's App is one of the "Killer apps"

Posted via CB10
    02-18-13 09:32 AM