Slight problem with WhatsApp. Last two days every time I open the app it seems to freeze my entire phone. The only thing I can do is a battery pull. Nothing works. It doesn't happen when I'm in the app from the hub however.

Posted via Vader10
    07-01-13 01:36 PM
    First of all, you don't need to pull the battery. Just hold down the power button for 10 seconds and the phone will reboot on its own.

I have not had this problem but this is what I would do if I did:

I would first uninstall Whatsapp. After uninstalling, go into the File Manager and go to Device\misc and delete the Whatsapp folder. This folder contains a backup of your past conversations so note that you will lose this data. If this backup is important to you, you can try leaving it intact and go to the next step. Now restart your phone and re-install Whatsapp.

Hopefully it will fix your issue.
    07-01-13 01:44 PM
    The reason I did a battery pull was because not even the power button worked. That was the first thing I did mate.
    I'll try the delete option you've mentioned and see if that helps.

Posted via Vader10
    07-01-13 01:57 PM
    Hold both of the volume buttons together for about 10-20 seconds.

Posted via CB10
    07-01-13 04:22 PM
    Can't anyone read? The whole device freezes. Nothing works.

Posted via Vader10
    07-01-13 05:08 PM
    I can read, yes. Please appreciate that we are giving solutions for your benefit, taking our time.

Posted via CB10
    07-01-13 06:39 PM
    I can read, yes. Please appreciate that we are giving solutions for your benefit, taking our time.

Posted via CB10
    I do apologise but I just assumed that it would have made sense. And I do appreciate people's help.

Posted via Vader10
    cheadlender likes this.
    07-01-13 09:05 PM
    I agree with op, same thing happened to me and hard reset didn't work. Had to do battery pull.

Posted via CB10
    07-02-13 01:07 AM
    I've had the same thing happen and yeah, the only thing that you can do is pull the battery, any other way of rebooting doesn't work. There was an update yesterday, I keeping hoping one of them will eventually fix it. At least now it shows up in my hub.
    07-03-13 10:01 AM
    I've had the same thing happen and yeah, the only thing that you can do is pull the battery, any other way of rebooting doesn't work. There was an update yesterday, I keeping hoping one of them will eventually fix it. At least now it shows up in my hub.
    Yeh I downloaded the update so hopefully fingers crossed it now works. I'll give it a weeks to see how it runs.

Posted via Vader10
    07-03-13 12:04 PM