Why? If you don't want it to be shown in the hub, you can turn the integration off in the hub settings.
    I love that its in the Notification section of the HUB instead of its own separate tab. I already have to scroller down to get to twitter after haveing only 3 emails attatched.
    03-14-13 12:27 PM
    Going back to openwhatsapp. This is just a rude joke...

Posted via CB10
    zwuncki likes this.
    03-14-13 01:42 PM
    I can live without the fake hub integration. But it's rather hard to start a chat from a list of nameless profile pics and status updates. I would put money on Openwhatsapp getting true hub integration before Whatsapp gets the contact list issues fixed. And whatsapp will still look like it was built to run on an Apple IIc. That's not gonna change anytime soon, can just about promise you that.

Posted via CB10
    03-14-13 02:14 PM
    03-14-13 02:44 PM
    Old news! :-(
    03-14-13 02:46 PM
    Is BBGPS Golf app available for the new blackberry? Its golf season and that is by far the best free golf app available on any phone.
    03-14-13 06:17 PM
    I installed the leaked OS version and WhatsApp was available in BBW After.

Posted via CB10
    03-14-13 08:10 PM
    Yup.... life is all around better with Openwhatsapp. Having to run it in the background really is not a big deal at all to have a properly working app. It even integrates into the file browser properly for sharing of files. Looks better, runs better.

Posted via CB10
    03-14-13 08:34 PM
    How bad does it suck battery when you use the Android version?
    03-14-13 09:06 PM
    Am i the only one not seeing a notification in the peek view? it buzzes, blinks, plays a sound, and shows up in the hub, but that little icon in the peek view is not there.

Things i'd like to see in a future update would be native sharing functionality. I want to be able to share to whatsapp contacts along with bbm contacts!
    03-14-13 09:15 PM
    Am i the only one not seeing a notification in the peek view? it buzzes, blinks, plays a sound, and shows up in the hub, but that little icon in the peek view is not there.
    Thank god! I thought i was the only one. The funny thing is I could've sworn the notification icon when swiping up to peek and in lock screen was working yesterday... but today it seems to have stopped working despite the notification still being present in the hub.

They need to a dress these bugs pronto! In its current state, this is really not much better than the inconsistent and buggy sideloaded android version I was using prior to this "official" BB10 release.

Posted via CB10
    03-14-13 09:27 PM
    What are you guys talking about, "It works perfect!" lmao at some people yesterday who used it for 5 mins to come to their conclusion.

With a big contact list, it's a horrible experience. Maybe it's just mine, but there isn't even integration to my own phone list. I want to make a voice call and I have to open a link back to the native app and call from there?? Then what's the point of the contact list?

I tried openwhatsapp today and was impressed. It looks like a built for bb10 app. Another release is coming soon, and if it takes care of notification and emoticons, there is no comparison between the two.

Posted via CB10
    03-14-13 09:47 PM
    Thank god! I thought i was the only one. The funny thing is I could've sworn the notification icon when swiping up to peek and in lock screen was working yesterday... but today it seems to have stopped working despite the notification still being present in the hub.

Posted via CB10
    Yes, i've had the exact same thing happen as well. The hub integration isn't complete yet and they need to make that top priority.
    03-14-13 10:47 PM
    I think that update screwed up what was already working fine for me. Now I can't see the names of my contacts anymore..
    03-14-13 11:06 PM
    I've seen all the excitement over WhatsApp, and I'm curious...how will this app improve my user experience? What does it do that regular sms won't do? I downloaded it, couldn't see any of my contacts except for 4 or 5 who apparently have the app on their devices -- but I can already talk to them via sms. I'm not trying to be sarcastic or trollish; I'm truly curious.

Thanks!
    03-14-13 11:32 PM
    I think that update screwed up what was already working fine for me. Now I can't see the names of my contacts anymore..
    Wait or use the Refresh function for your Contacts in WhatsApp first (you need to wait, depending on how many contacts you have), then refresh the Favourites in WhatsApp.
    03-15-13 12:21 AM
    I've seen all the excitement over WhatsApp, and I'm curious...how will this app improve my user experience? What does it do that regular sms won't do? I downloaded it, couldn't see any of my contacts except for 4 or 5 who apparently have the app on their devices -- but I can already talk to them via sms. I'm not trying to be sarcastic or trollish; I'm truly curious.

Thanks!
    If you have unlimited texting, I think you won't find WhatsApp of any value add. I use BBM for my friends with BBs. I use WhatsApp for friends with all other phones. When you begin a chat session with someone, it can go on and on like you are on Skype IM. Works the same way. I can hook friends up from all over the world in a single group chat, e.g. if I need to plan a get-together, and want everyone involved to come together to discuss plans. Regardless of where the people are (travelling or actually living overseas), we can chat. And I won't need to incur overseas SMS charges to send to an international number. Or if I am the one who is travelling and want to message someone at home, so long as I have WIFI, I can do so without incurring auto roaming charges too.

WhatsApp comes in handy when I need to share pictures - eg asking a friend to buy a product from another country when he's there on business. I can WhatsApp him the picture and he can retrieve it instantly if he has WIFI. Although WIFI isn't the only means of connection, it is what makes WhatsApp free. If it uses cellular network, it eats into your data quota per month, or worse if you're travelling, incur data roam charges.
    polgara59 likes this.
    03-15-13 12:30 AM
    Whatapp is still locked, says not available for my device.
    I am using an stl100-1 z10 in Pakistan

Posted via CB10
    03-15-13 01:59 AM
    The link is fine.
    For those who are finding that Whatsapp is not available for your device message in BBworld, you have to update your software to the latest version i.e 10.0.10.82.
    If your Z10 says you have the latest software available and the version number is lower than 10.0.10.82 you will have to find a sim card for a carrier accepting this version update. Updates are carrier dependant and the carrier has to ok this update for it to install on a phone using their sim card. After updating the OS Whatsapp should now be available for you to download.
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    03-15-13 09:23 AM
    Solution To why Whatsapp is Unavailable for some Z10's

i has the same issue till the morning, i am in india and had the unlocked version of Z10. i was on firmware 10.0.9.232.
    the first thing you need is to upgrade the firmware.
    i was lucky i had a deactivated UK sim, i took out the india sim and put the UK sim, obviously it didnt work but then i went to update via wifi and boom: i got a notification of new firmware 10.0.10.90. on this firmware the whatsaapp is not only avaible but works the best without any bugs. u can try to takeout the sim and use wifi without the sim, or try to use some other sim.
    whatsapp is not available for the old firmware.
    Hope it helps.
    03-15-13 10:23 AM
    Pretty lazy offering from WhatsApp overall. I just hope everyone who is hating it and switching to another app is letting WhatsApp know that they made something not up to snuff. Their indifference will not change if we're indifferent to directly call them out on it.
    03-15-13 10:54 AM
    I still can't see my contacts I did refreshed n'y contact and it tell me still refreshing 20 minutes now any suggestions?

Posted via CB10
    03-15-13 10:59 AM
    Best suggestion... openwhatsapp. It is light years ahead of the piece of crap lazy offering from whatsapp.

Posted via CB10
    jimmyt1 likes this.
    03-15-13 01:04 PM
    If you have unlimited texting, I think you won't find WhatsApp of any value add. I use BBM for my friends with BBs. I use WhatsApp for friends with all other phones.
    Thanks for the information!

Posted via CB10
    03-15-13 01:39 PM
149 ... 456