I get the push notification but I still have to go to the app to read it. Tapping the notification in the hub gets it stuck.

Posted via CB10
    03-13-13 04:09 PM
    Downland it. Works fine even if the apps is close. But it won't appear on my hub though even when I restarted my device. Some say they have it on their device. Any idea why?

Posted via CB10
    03-13-13 04:09 PM
    I have it installed. I have exchanged a few messages so far and it seems to work fine. I don't love the look of the UI. OpenWhatsapp looked sexier. The small font and busy background is kinda Android looking (big surprise).

So far I haven't been able to verify if it works when the app is closed. It says in the press release "to alert you when you receive messages- even when the screen is locked"

Key phrase there... "screen is locked". This doesn't say that it works when the app is closed. Screen locked and app closed are two very different states....

As far as Hub, it doesn't show as another channel like any other email account, text messages, or BBM. It just notifies you using the generic "Notifications" (bell icon) section. So I wouldn't call that hub integration.

Given all of the above, unless I am missing something, this does nothing that OpenWhatsapp doesn't do and it doesn't look as nice. Unless someone can enlighten me on how this is better than OpenWhatsapp, I will be switching back, just for the sexier UI.
    03-13-13 04:13 PM
    The only issue I've had is that I don't get notifications when something new cones in. Has anyone found a fix for that yet?

JB

Posted via CB10
    03-13-13 04:17 PM
    I have it installed. I have exchanged a few messages so far and it seems to work fine. I don't love the look of the UI. OpenWhatsapp looked sexier. The small font and busy background is kinda Android looking (big surprise).

So far I haven't been able to verify if it works when the app is closed. It says in the press release "to alert you when you receive messages- even when the screen is locked"

Key phrase there... "screen is locked". This doesn't say that it works when the app is closed. Screen locked and app closed are two very different states....

As far as Hub, it doesn't show as another channel like any other email account, text messages, or BBM. It just notifies you using the generic "Notifications" (bell icon) section. So I wouldn't call that hub integration.

Given all of the above, unless I am missing something, this does nothing that OpenWhatsapp doesn't do and it doesn't look as nice. Unless someone can enlighten me on how this is better than OpenWhatsapp, I will be switching back, just for the sexier UI.
    If you had open what's app. After you delete and install whatsapp restart device. Issue I have though is no contacts show

Posted via CB10 with my Zed 10
    03-13-13 04:20 PM
    Issue i have is all the contacts have blank names. Anyone else?
    i am also unimpressed by the UI. the message boxes are really big for no reason.

It does work if the apps is close.
    How come you can get notification but I don't?
    I just deleted open whatsapp as it can't read emoticons.

Posted via CB10
    03-13-13 04:22 PM
    Ok... Answering my own post here.

I can now verify, that Hub integration is real. The app does not have to be running at all. It doesn't appear as a separate channel, but the messages appear in the hub with a notification, and when you click on the notification, it opens the chat, rather than opening a notification with a button at the bottom to open the app. Same behaviour as BBM essentially.
    03-13-13 04:23 PM
    Check out WhatsApp Messenger in BlackBerry World! You can find it at http://appworld.blackberry.com/webstore/content/2360

Posted via CB10
    03-13-13 04:25 PM
    Why is everyone can get it in the hub but not me?

Posted via CB10
    03-13-13 04:27 PM
    urggggg still cant download !!!!
    03-13-13 04:28 PM
    I can't get it in the hub either. It shows up but then when I click it whatsapp keeps loading and can't load into the convo
    03-13-13 04:33 PM
    Is it not available for the UK yet?
    03-13-13 04:33 PM
    I can't get it in the hub either. It shows up but then when I click it whatsapp keeps loading and can't load into the convo
    I'm having this problem too, I restarted the hub but got no love that way, may try a full reboot next to see if that does anything.
    03-13-13 04:37 PM
    Go to the blackberry world site or whatsapp.com
    You will get it from there.

Het is verkrijgbaar in Nederland(the Netherlands)
    Posted via CB10
    03-13-13 04:37 PM
    Disappointed to see its not integrated with the share function as openwhatsapp was

Posted via CB10
    03-13-13 04:40 PM
    I'm having this problem too, I restarted the hub but got no love that way, may try a full reboot next to see if that does anything.
    I did a full reboot but still won't work =[
    03-13-13 04:40 PM
    Doesn't work. It does not recognise my Z10 as a blackberry browser and going onto BB World says 'Unavailable for this device'
    sanjk1 likes this.
    03-13-13 04:42 PM
    can someone answer me this - does anyone have this installed that doesn't have the 10.0.10.85 update?
    vjvj likes this.
    03-13-13 04:45 PM
    Ok opening notification in hub only works for one on one chats, groups don't work.

Posted via CB10
    03-13-13 04:49 PM
    Fully restart your z10 then after a rwboot search for whatsapp in bbw. It worked for me

Posted via CB10
    03-13-13 04:50 PM
    Download available in Germany.

Posted via CB10
    03-13-13 04:52 PM
    Looks like it is pretty buggy. It was working fine, but now some of my contacts have no names. Just a phone number showing as the contact and in the chat heading.
    03-13-13 04:56 PM
    I also have blank chats with no contact, or conversation content that will not delete. Wow! A home run! How do these apps make it into BlackBerry World?
    RimboyBB likes this.
    03-13-13 04:58 PM
149 12345 ...