If I'm actively using WhatsApp and am in a conversation, all messages come instantly.

However, if I am not either in the WhatsApp app or viewing a conversation in the Hub, it seems like the background push process "sleeps" and only checks for new messages every 30-60 minutes.

There are times when no messages have been delivered, but as soon as I enter a conversation from the Hub or open the app, a bunch of messages will all deliver all at once.

This happens even when WhatsApp is minimized to an active frame.

OS software release: 10.3.2.2474
    OS version: 10.3.2.2639

Seems to happen whether on Wifi or data, but haven't been able to fully confirm that. Definitely happens on wifi though.

Is anyone else experiencing this behaviour? Is there a way to keep the WhatsApp background push process alive even when idle?
    02-13-17 11:58 AM
    This happen to me as well, when I open the app a lot of msgs pop up, but not all the time. I'm using 10.3.3.2205
    I think is a whatsapp issue, but not sure if they are interested in updating comparing with droid version they are updating all the time.
    02-13-17 01:09 PM
    Don't have this problem at all

Posted via CB10
    02-19-17 10:29 AM
    Happens to me too, I've received messages up to four hours late

Posted via CB10
    02-21-17 12:39 AM
    Look at your permissions and see if you've allowed the app to work in the background and when minimised. I have no issues with it whatsoever.

Posted via CB10
    02-21-17 12:47 PM
    I have found that when I reboot my device, the messages flow in normally for some time. At some point later after using a few other apps (maybe some Android apps too), it seems to start sleeping the background process. That's when the delay begins. Another reboot, and it's good for maybe another day. It might be a memory management issue.

So for now rebooting seems to be a workaround, but it's pretty frustrating because I can't tell when the behaviour will start until it's too late.

Look at your permissions and see if you've allowed the app to work in the background and when minimised. I have no issues with it whatsoever.
    I checked the application permissions for WhatsApp. There is no entry for running in the background. The closest one is Run When Minimized, and it's set to true. But this issue happens whether or not the application is minimized or closed entirely.
    02-22-17 01:04 PM
  7. Jose de Jesus Guevara ORtega's Avatar
    i though i was the only one with this problem...
    02-26-17 05:36 PM
    anyone knows if the droid version, is possible to use videocall?
    02-28-17 06:09 AM