Been trying to dload from betazone and all I get it "export error"

WhatsApp for BlackBerry 10 - Beta Testing-img_20140709_064035.png

Posted via CB10
    07-09-14 06:44 AM
    What is meant by mute indicator

Posted via CB10
    07-09-14 07:12 AM
    The picture caption is similar to BBM in how you can write a caption while sending a picture. Cool stuff.

Posted via CB10
    dibbis likes this.
    07-09-14 08:53 AM
    I'm not sure if this has been discussed, but on my Android phone, I could send videos and they used to get compressed. On my BB10 I can just send the first 16 MB, can we get the same feature as Android on here?

Thanks
    Grychg and eldricho like this.
    07-09-14 11:07 AM
    I'm not sure if this has been discussed, but on my Android phone, I could send videos and they used to get compressed. On my BB10 I can just send the first 16 MB, can we get the same feature as Android on here?

Thanks
    +1 to this
    07-09-14 11:17 AM
    I wonder what they mean by photo captions and we can see them

Posted via CB10
    When you send a photo, you can add a caption (descriptive text) to it.
    When the other person receives the photo, if their version of WhatsApp supports captions, the text will be shown in the same bubble as the photo on the chat screen. If their version of WhatsApp does not yet support captions, the text will appear as a separate message immediately after the photo.
    dibbis likes this.
    07-09-14 11:33 AM
    What is meant by mute indicator

Posted via CB10
    When you mute a group chat, we've always shown an extra "mute" icon (speaker with an x) on the chat list inside the app to indicate that the chat is muted. We're now also showing this icon on the hub item for that chat.
    07-09-14 11:34 AM

Thanks
    BlackBerry 10 does not yet expose any APIs for efficient video transcoding (e.g. converting the video so its a lot smaller). I do believe this is on their roadmap for a future release. Once it becomes available, we will investigate using it like we do on Android. Of course that would still be a lot of work, and we obviously can't commit to anything, but we're always looking to leverage the platforms we run on as best as we can.
    Vector-SS likes this.
    07-09-14 11:37 AM
    When you send a photo, you can add a caption (descriptive text) to it.
    When the other person receives the photo, if their version of WhatsApp supports captions, the text will be shown in the same bubble as the photo on the chat screen. If their version of WhatsApp does not yet support captions, the text will appear as a separate message immediately after the photo.
    Thanks. The text 'add a caption' however isn't very noticeable. Perhaps changing the color to a brighter/more white one can help users to see it.

Posted via CB10
    07-10-14 10:57 AM
    Am I the only person getting this error? I posted after the last update and no longer replied. Now I see that there is another update and I'm still getting this error.

WhatsApp for BlackBerry 10 - Beta Testing-img_20140717_221355.png

I tried deleting whatsapp and trying again with no luck. Decided to go back home the regular version in app world.

Posted via CB10
    07-17-14 10:25 PM
    I think it has something to do with the beta zone app. Try to re install that one. If it doesn't help try contact bb support

Posted via CB10
    07-18-14 04:12 AM
    I think it has something to do with the beta zone app. Try to re install that one. If it doesn't help try contact bb support

Posted via CB10
    *edit* what os version do u have? Maybe a certain 10.3 build (like the dev os one) doesn't support these actions.

Posted via CB10
    07-18-14 04:20 AM
    BlackBerry 10 does not yet expose any APIs for efficient video transcoding (e.g. converting the video so its a lot smaller). I do believe this is on their roadmap for a future release. Once it becomes available, we will investigate using it like we do on Android. Of course that would still be a lot of work, and we obviously can't commit to anything, but we're always looking to leverage the platforms we run on as best as we can.
    If you look carefully on the forum or on BBWorld, at least a couple of devs did make video-compressing apps or apps that make use of video transcoding.
    07-18-14 05:03 AM
    http://appworld.blackberry.com/webst...ntent/42838891

First dev it comes to my mind: he is a compatriot :-P And its app works flawlessy!
    07-18-14 05:05 AM
    Am I the only person getting this error? I posted after the last update and no longer replied. Now I see that there is another update and I'm still getting this error.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20140717_221355.png 
Views:	1212 
Size:	30.5 KB 
ID:	285622

I tried deleting whatsapp and trying again with no luck. Decided to go back home the regular version in app world.

Posted via CB10
    Beta Zone has certainly had its share of issues. The best thing you can do is to report these sorts of problems to the Beta Zone team themselves. That means:
    - Using the Beta Zone discussion area "Beta Zone for BlackBerry 10" to leave a comment
    - Using the Beta Zone "Submit Feedback" feature to leave feedback about "BlackBerry Beta Zone".
    07-18-14 11:27 AM
    If you look carefully on the forum or on BBWorld, at least a couple of devs did make video-compressing apps or apps that make use of video transcoding.
    And they do it by bundling libraries that are not well optimized to fully leverage the hardware on the phone. As such, they're often quite slow. The official developer roadmap has a "Media Editing" API on the list, so we're looking forward to seeing whether this will make a better in-app video conversion experience possible.
    07-18-14 11:37 AM
    And they do it by bundling libraries that are not well optimized to fully leverage the hardware on the phone. As such, they're often quite slow. The official developer roadmap has a "Media Editing" API on the list, so we're looking forward to seeing whether this will make a better in-app video conversion experience possible.
    Ok thank you for explaining that! Looking forward your next uptades ;-)
    07-18-14 12:02 PM
    When I click on the media shared with me on group or individual chat, it does not open and also that freezes my hub.

Even on clicking upon contact name and group name, it doesn't open and freezes my hub for a while.

I guess this latest update is not meant for 10.3. Earlier one was working flawless.

Posted via CB10
    07-18-14 12:11 PM
    When I click on the media shared with me on group or individual chat, it does not open and also that freezes my hub.

Even on clicking upon contact name and group name, it doesn't open and freezes my hub for a while.

I guess this latest update is not meant for 10.3. Earlier one was working flawless.

Posted via CB10
    No, we do not support leaked OS versions or unreleased OSes. They are often outdated, incomplete, and not intended to be used by end users.

That being said, any preliminary work we do to support 10.3 is with the latest version of the 10.3 SDK and APIs.
    07-18-14 01:09 PM
    I seem to be facing some issues lately with adding contacts.

Say I add someone to my phone book (local, gmail), it simply doesn't show up in my Favorites section. I can see the newly added contacts in my phone book and in the contacts section of WhatsApp but they don't make it to the favorites section. I usually store my numbers in the +xxxxx format. Anyone else facing this issue?

Version 2.11.690
    07-23-14 02:21 AM

Posted via CB10
    I'm currently on the Dev OS 10.3.0.700 and I don't have any of those issues.

Posted via CB10 using my Gorgeous Z30
    07-23-14 05:06 AM
    Whatsapp update in beta zone

Posted via CB10
    07-26-14 12:23 AM
    Finally! They added Dutch translation

Posted via CB10
    07-26-14 02:49 AM
    @devs I have mentioned this before but haven't seem a response anywhere.
    Is it by design that there is no notification when in chat a person and there is a incoming message from that person. For a notification to sound the chat has to be closed, whatsapp in the active frame or the screen off.

Posted via CB10
    07-31-14 09:18 PM
    @devs I have mentioned this before but haven't seem a response anywhere.
    Is it by design that there is no notification when in chat a person and there is a incoming message from that person. For a notification to sound the chat has to be closed, whatsapp in the active frame or the screen off.

Posted via CB10
    Well I certainly hope it's by design, because being notified on a message from a person I am currently chatting with is really annoying!

Posted via CB10
    08-01-14 03:15 AM
2,220 ... 3132333435 ...