Something slightly different - how is this even possible http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=1069775 ? How do you guys access the microphone, what permission is this?

Via Pasta CB10

WhatsApp for BlackBerry 10 - Beta Testing-img_20160412_084155.png

Posted via CB10
    04-11-16 10:12 PM
    This isn't a known bug, but I suppose it is possible that its happening because of some quirk in how/when recent emojis get saved.
    Are you using WhatsApp from the hub, the app, or both?
    Are you also using the web client?

Since fixing this issue may involve completely rewriting how recent emojis are saved/loaded, I cannot make any promises on when/if it'll get addressed.
    Hi, I have the same bug. I use whatsapp mostly via the app, but sometimes also via the hub.

Posted via CB10
    04-12-16 03:14 AM
    I have the same bug too, and I access Whatsapp via both the app and hub.

Posted via CB10
    04-12-16 03:30 AM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20160412_084155.png 
Views:	717 
Size:	30.7 KB 
ID:	396835

Posted via CB10
    No...but so close
    WhatsApp for BlackBerry 10 - Beta Testing-img_20160412_103513.png

Via Pasta CB10
    04-12-16 03:36 AM
    Maybe he can get the microphone also over camera permissions?
    I do not allow Whatsapp to use microphone nor the camera and if I try to send a voice message it does not record anything.

Via SQC100-1/10.3.2.2836
    04-12-16 04:16 AM
    I do not allow Whatsapp to use microphone nor the camera and if I try to send a voice message it does not record anything.

Via SQC100-1/10.3.2.2836
    No you need microphone permission to record sound, the camera only allows visual and access to the camera led

Posted via CB10
    04-12-16 04:24 AM

Via SQC100-1/10.3.2.2836
    It works with those permissions off. Using the latest beta try to press the microphone for a few seconds and release your finger - it records and sends your voice note to the contact. Strangely it doesn't work with the shared files permission set off.

Via Pasta CB10
    04-12-16 04:51 AM
    Permission changes only take effect when the app's process is restarted.
    Closing and reopening a chat from the hub is *not* restarting anything.
    Furthermore, there is a background service that many permissions apply to. That only gets restarted if you explicitly stop it from the app manager, or reboot your phone.

As such, the only reliable way to test permission changes is to change them, reboot your phone, then test the relevant features.

That being said... if our app is able to record audio without the microphone permission, after you disable that permission and reboot the phone, then its BlackBerry's bug and they're doing something unexpected.
    04-12-16 09:54 AM
    Permission changes only take effect when the app's process is restarted.
    Closing and reopening a chat from the hub is *not* restarting anything.
    Furthermore, there is a background service that many permissions apply to. That only gets restarted if you explicitly stop it from the app manager, or reboot your phone.

As such, the only reliable way to test permission changes is to change them, reboot your phone, then test the relevant features.

That being said... if our app is able to record audio without the microphone permission, after you disable that permission and reboot the phone, then its BlackBerry's bug and they're doing something unexpected.
    I'm aware of the headless service, therefore I just set WhatsApp's permissions solely to Shared Files, rebooted the phone and - tada - it still records and sends voice notes. So it's a BlackBerry bug then, hilarious.

Via Pasta CB10
    04-12-16 10:14 AM
    New beta supports rich text formatting. How do I use it on the Q10?

Posted via CB10
    04-13-16 04:14 AM
    New beta supports rich text formatting. How do I use it on the Q10?

Posted via CB10

� Bold: Add an asterisk (*) before and after the specific words or phrases you want to embolden e.g. *hello*

� Italics: Add an underscore (_) before and after your chosen words or phrases e.g. _hello_

� Strikethrough: Add a tilde (~) before and after the words or phrases you want to strike a line through e.g. ~hello~

There's also ```monospace``` as well (I reckon there's even more)

Via Pasta CB10
    Attachment 397020
    Last edited by tollfeeder; 04-13-16 at 05:31 PM.
    dibbis and idhbar like this.
    04-13-16 06:31 AM
    When it is going to hit into BBW?

04-13-16 02:24 PM
    Why WhatsApp can overwrite the permissions given without notice?
    For example I disabled microphone permission
    Went in the app tried to use to recording: worked...
    Went back to permissions and the microphone was enabled. This without my interaction.
    Tried again. Some issue
    idhbar likes this.
    04-16-16 12:36 AM
    Why WhatsApp can overwrite the permissions given without notice?
    For example I disabled microphone permission
    Went in the app tried to use to recording: worked...
    Went back to permissions and the microphone was enabled. This without my interaction.
    Tried again. Some issue
    Like dkonigsberg_wa explained in his last post - you have to at least kill the WhatsApp process through the device manager, then switch off the respective permission and start WhatsApp again. This is not WhatsApp's fault.

Via Pasta CB10
    04-16-16 07:43 AM
    rahter "unhappy" right now, as I found out that WhatsApp is working on an export to Android, tried to get the "beta" version and now it says that I cannot join as a beta tester.. any solution?
    04-18-16 09:03 AM
    rahter "unhappy" right now, as I found out that WhatsApp is working on an export to Android, tried to get the "beta" version and now it says that I cannot join as a beta tester.. any solution?
    Restart the beta zone app and try to join again. It happens sometimes.

Via Pasta CB10
    04-18-16 09:34 AM
    Like dkonigsberg_wa explained in his last post - you have to at least kill the WhatsApp process through the device manager, then switch off the respective permission and start WhatsApp again. This is not WhatsApp's fault.

Via Pasta CB10
    WhatsApp should not be able to override permissions. If in-app recording (voice message or calls) works after disabling Microphone permission, and rebooting the phone, then there has to be a bug in the OS's permissions enforcement. Since these complaints are relatively recent, it could even just be an issue that affects the latest OS releases. Regardless, this kind of an issue would be BlackBerry's fault and should be reported to them.
    tollfeeder likes this.
    04-18-16 10:29 AM
    Restart the beta zone app and try to join again. It happens sometimes.

Via Pasta CB10
    I've actually confirmed this Beta Zone issue, and reported it (with logs) to BlackBerry. I have no idea if they're willing/able to fix it, or if they still care to, but only time will tell. It doesn't just affect us.

When you click "Join" on a new beta program, the Beta Zone responds with that error you saw.
    But if you quit the Beta Zone app, and restart it, when it reloads it will likely show that the "Join" succeeded, and you can then go to the beta program and Download the app.

If this doesn't work, keep trying, and complain loudly to BlackBerry until someone pays attention. They're often oblivious to these sorts of issues until they get reports from the outside that manage to make their way to the right people.
    tollfeeder likes this.
    04-18-16 10:33 AM
    WhatsApp should not be able to override permissions. If in-app recording (voice message or calls) works after disabling Microphone permission, and rebooting the phone, then there has to be a bug in the OS's permissions enforcement. Since these complaints are relatively recent, it could even just be an issue that affects the latest OS releases. Regardless, this kind of an issue would be BlackBerry's fault and should be reported to them.
    I sure hope someone does report this issue through the appropriate channel.

OT but this could actually mean a serious security issue lol.

Via Pasta CB10
    04-18-16 05:06 PM
    Sounds good. how do I get the BlackBerry 10 app (v2.12.236)? so far I am not a beta user and I have 10.3.2.2836 installed.
    Thanks in advance! KR
    04-26-16 12:49 PM
    Sounds good. how do I get the BlackBerry 10 app (v2.12.236)? so far I am not a beta user and I have 10.3.2.2836 installed.
    Thanks in advance! KR
    Either from BlackBerry World http://appworld.blackberry.com/webstore/content/2360 or through Beta Zone http://appworld.blackberry.com/webst...ntent/35142896

Via Pasta CB10
    jopia likes this.
    04-26-16 03:34 PM
    worked fine for me, thanks a lot!
    04-28-16 06:04 AM
    Thanks @dkonigsberg_wa for all your work, and effort on the BB10 app thus far.

I am going to jump ship, and never return to blackberry, nor Android, ever again.

I do continue to use WhatsApp. Could you help me in exporting my whatsapp chat log history?
    I know if I borrow a rooted android phone, I could export from the WhatsApp beta version. Open the backup in the rooted android phone, and use a tool to extract both the key as well as the archive and view it on my pc.

But there has to be a better, more easy way. Could you please help me?
    04-29-16 07:57 AM
    I don't need to have the chat history on the new device; I only need it on my PC: TXT, PDF, doesn't matter; as long as I can read the text with the sender/number and timestamp
    04-29-16 09:23 AM
    I don't need to have the chat history on the new device; I only need it on my PC: TXT, PDF, doesn't matter; as long as I can read the text with the sender/number and timestamp
    Have you tried email export? You'll have to do it per conversation though,

https://www.whatsapp.com/faq/en/bb10/27571777
    04-29-16 09:58 AM
2,220 ... 7475767778 ...