I agree, it's a very popular app, especially outside the USA apparently.

But what is it that is so unique about Instagram? Aren't there a ton of photo-manipulating/sharing apps?
    It's a hugely popular app, like WhatsApp, that would be good to have on BB10. These two apps would be very positive addtions.
    03-14-13 08:31 AM
    Can't agree more with you. It's crazy how Instagammers post PICTURES every few hours, make their profile public, so the whole word know where they have been, what they have eaten, what brand of clothes, shoes, bags that they have, and what are in their shopping bags ... the list goes on.

The gratification is the number of likes they receive, and how large their "fan" base is.

It breathes consumerism. Period.

You know what kills me about Instagram - it hasn't even been one year since it was first made available for Android. Yet people act as though the world as we know it will end if it isn't on BB10 yesterday.
    03-14-13 08:37 AM
    Can't agree more with you. It's crazy how Instagammers post PICTURES every few hours, make their profile public, so the whole word know where they have been, what they have eaten, what brand of clothes, shoes, bags that they have, and what are in their shopping bags ... the list goes on.

The gratification is the number of likes they receive, and how large their "fan" base is.

It breathes consumerism. Period.
    Completely uninformed.

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...ml#post7944991
    03-14-13 08:44 AM
    Downloaded it, but only sees a few contacts, exactly the ones I don't need...

Z10 Flavour since 12.2.13
    Are your contacts linked in your contact list? I think I remember something about FB linked contacts in the contacts list mot showing up for users of openWhatsApp not sure if it's a similar issue with WhatsApp :s I'd suggest checking in those threads to see how the issue was resolved and try it here.

Hope this helps.

Posted via CB10
    03-14-13 09:00 AM
    Are your contacts linked in your contact list? I think I remember something about FB linked contacts in the contacts list mot showing up for users of openWhatsApp not sure if it's a similar issue with WhatsApp :s I'd suggest checking in those threads to see how the issue was resolved and try it here.

Hope this helps.

Posted via CB10
    Also have to delete Openwhatsapp, don't you? Because you get an error if you don't?
    03-14-13 09:05 AM
    Also have to delete Openwhatsapp, don't you? Because you get an error if you don't?
    Possibly, I had deleted the side loaded android port when i tried openWhatsApp but didn't like it to much so I deleted it right away knowing this was coming within a week. But yes, I have heard that still having openWhatsApp installed will give you several issues, verification and installation just being some of them.

Posted via CB10
    03-14-13 09:15 AM
    Sucks for those of us not able to update our Os

Posted via CB10
    FrankIAm likes this.
    03-14-13 09:46 AM
    Not true. You are an exception. It's a compliment.

03-14-13 09:50 AM
    Downloaded it, but only sees a few contacts, exactly the ones I don't need...

Z10 Flavour since 12.2.13

I read in a few places that it takes a while for the contact list to appear, try restarting the phone and then wait for a few minutes to see if it populates?
    03-14-13 02:48 PM
    Detective M Down has just posted that there is a quick patch to solve the notification bug.

I don't have a missing notification, I have to say. Wonder if I will receive an update.

Posted via CB10
    03-14-13 02:56 PM
    That was a link to the old update 3741 from yesterday ... Nothing new there, at least if the link was right!
    03-14-13 03:32 PM
    Wow finally Whatsapp here..... i cant belive it. I was so unimpressed by the apps selection that i downgraded back to my Bold 9700 to get my old apps back that were not available on the Z10. I might consider reupgrading back to the Z10!
    03-14-13 04:57 PM
    I too am having Contact issues in WhatsApp. The amount of people who appeared in contacts kept fluctuating, and I couldn't start chats with them. I re-installed and it was the same. When I tried the Refresh Contacts/Favourites button, they all disappeared completely.

How WhatsApp became the leading crossplatform chat option, I will never know.
    03-14-13 05:20 PM
    Yeah! true. I even post post pix of food, clothes on my IG. lol!! but I dont make it public. my photos are private unless I accept an invitation
    semperfi45 likes this.
    03-14-13 10:11 PM
    I too am having Contact issues in WhatsApp. The amount of people who appeared in contacts kept fluctuating, and I couldn't start chats with them. I re-installed and it was the same. When I tried the Refresh Contacts/Favourites button, they all disappeared completely.

Whatsapp on my old Bold 9900 and Samsung Note wasn't like this. It is the first whatsapp version that needs to have contact list and favourite list refreshed. It's like it needs to pull update from whatsapp's server or something.

I posted in another thread that when I powered down my Z10, and powered up after an hour, I was shocked to see my WhatsApp Contacts had become zero, and what I did was refreshed the list, and WAITED. Then call came back, and it was fine again. I suspect even if I don't refresh the list myself, the whatsapp start up process was going to take care of it.
    03-14-13 10:27 PM

That's interesting.

I have no such issues with WhatsApp in either my Android or my iPhone. My groups and contacts stay the same at start up.

Sent from my SEXY HOT RED SGIII using Tapatalk 2
    03-15-13 01:52 AM
    Great, I like it
    03-15-13 04:12 AM
    yeeha !! downloaded today and so far so good on EE
    03-15-13 06:58 AM

What works for me is refreshing WhatsApp Contacts FIRST {WAIT}, then Favourites {WAIT}. Try it. I have been very successful with this method. Tried and tested.
    03-15-13 07:09 AM
    Hey MiSsY

I get what you saying, but I tried all those solutions you just metioned..

1: Nothing found
    3: Still nothing found
    4: Nothing at all

I even followed the link you provided, pressed download link, I entered BB ID details, says not available for this device.. So im lost

Thanks for the help though
    Hi Rifaat
    Sorry to hear that.
    It was more directed at individuals who have issues that others already resolved.

Do you know anyone else with the same carrier as you with a Z10 who check to see if they are experiencing the same issue or in the same country on a different carrier?
    Also I see people have posted regarding what OS version or software version is required, I didn't know that matters.
    Hope you get tour issue resolved

Posted via CB10
    03-15-13 10:43 AM
    You can't download WhatsApp if you're not on one of the 10.0.1.xxx OS versions.

Posted via CB10
    03-15-13 01:19 PM
    You can't download WhatsApp if you're not on one of the 10.0.1.xxx OS versions.
    To be more specific, there are 2 main version numbers for Blackberry 10 firmware:

• Software Release version
    • OS version

WhatsApp requires the OS version to be at least 10.0.10.648.
    Attached Thumbnails Whatsapp Available Today!-blackberry-10_version-screen.jpg  
    03-15-13 04:29 PM
    Here is an article from Crackberry about how to update the device firmware even if your carrier is not providing it yet. Be sure to make a good backup using Blackberry Link before starting!

How to get the latest BlackBerry 10 software on your Z10 even if your carrier hasn't pushed out the update | CrackBerry.com
    03-15-13 04:34 PM
    how does one add some one from there contact list to whatsapp all i can seen to find is all my old favs from 9900,
    03-15-13 10:04 PM
    how does one add some one from there contact list to whatsapp all i can seen to find is all my old favs from 9900,
    Hi ... REFRESH. See this thread too > http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...ml#post8135976
    03-15-13 11:50 PM
301 ... 910111213