Are u using a BB10 or Priv?
    Because this post is regarding OS10
    If u can use here maps in os10, have u patched it?

Otherwise u should edit your post and add information because people can understand wrong facts and even waste time installing.

I like Here navigation. These are the features I like most:

You can download maps and use with no data connection

Alerts when you are speeding

Here maps website allows you to sync your collections to your device

Cleaner (IMO) user interface than Google maps

Posted via the CrackBerry App on Priv

Posted via CB10
    12-20-15 12:14 PM
    Waze is a great app. Very reliable and feature rich.
    12-23-15 02:54 PM
    Mireo don't panic works fine. Good display for q10 only the physical keyboard is not supported for Umlaute. So I use the software Keyboard.

Posted via CB10
    12-26-15 03:53 PM
    Is anyone using HERE maps or Sygic v15 in a BB10 device?
    If yes, how have u installed it?
    BTW, I have Sygic 14 working on BB, but I had to download maps from a Android device and copy them to BB. (It is pity that many apps are using this ****y thing called Google services...)

Posted via CB10
    12-28-15 03:40 AM
    I read comments from people complaining about the GPS quality in BB10 devices.

I also have problem with GPS signal but these problems happen very frequently with Android offline maps apps(such as sygic maps) whereas this problem is hard to see in native apps like navfree.

So IMHO there is a direct link between GPS signal and android runtime.

Unfortunately I have to use android gps apps, so I am still interested in causes, solutions, workarounds, etc...

Posted via CB10
    02-04-16 03:29 AM
    I've not really had any problems with some of the gps apps I've used. Nogago tracks got us out of the remote, trail-less, Subway canyon in Zion National Park last year and again wondering around sandy trackless South Coyote Buttes. It did a superb job tracking my hikes in the French Alps last summer. Mireo Don't Panic also found us while driving around Europe and scoped a couple of routes.

Not sure about issues with Android apps and the gps. There is an Android Settings app that might allow one to tweak the gps from within Android.
    02-04-16 09:23 AM
    About my previous problems with the gps signal and android apps.
    I found that my problems can be related to background apps. For instance days ago Sygic Maps lost signal just when the notification red light turned on.

Maybe the multitasking feature cannot serve all request in real time or something like that... .maybe any BB guru can provide more details

Posted via CB10
    04-11-16 11:38 AM
    Any feedback about gps software?
    Any new android app with recent maps and working fine in the ART?
    I really would like to use sygic, but it is not working as in a real android phone or a native BB10, so I need a powerful gps app

Posted via CB10
    08-15-16 12:57 PM
    I use Genius Maps on BlackBerry World on my Passport. Works a treat.

Posted via CB10
    08-15-16 04:19 PM
    Just downloaded Genius Maps, no offline maps for India, rubbish

Posted via CB10
    08-16-16 10:41 AM
    Started using Navfree again. So far so good.

Posted via CB10
    08-16-16 03:17 PM
    NavFree

Posted via CB10
    08-17-16 11:27 PM
    I use Navfree. Very good maps. Offline and online. It is a native app from blackberry. Download it from blackberry world

Posted via CB10
    08-17-16 11:43 PM
    Yes, navfree is very good but openstreetmaps is not reliable everywhere, it is highly dependant of community, so sometimes some neighbourhoods or towns have missing streets etc.
    The good thing is that if you have time you can collaborate and fix any error you detect.

Genius maps has navteq maps for free, but the guidance option is too expensive, I wouldn't mind paying 5$ per country but I consider 50$ excessive.
    So I am using without guidance but as it requires manual scrolling to keep the gps position centered in the screen, it is not the best in a city

I use Navfree. Very good maps. Offline and online. It is a native app from blackberry. Download it from blackberry world

Posted via CB10

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by dpgo; 08-18-16 at 12:21 PM.
    08-18-16 09:04 AM
    I read comments from people complaining about the GPS quality in BB10 devices.

I also have problem with GPS signal but these problems happen very frequently with Android offline maps apps(such as sygic maps) whereas this problem is hard to see in native apps like navfree.

So IMHO there is a direct link between GPS signal and android runtime.

Unfortunately I have to use android gps apps, so I am still interested in causes, solutions, workarounds, etc...

Posted via CB10
    Time ago I tried versions 12 and 14 of Sygic in my Classic device, Sygic worked but it was useless because the gps signal was lost too frequently.

Now I am using v16, and there is not such problem with GPS signal, the app is quite big so it takes long time to load, moreover sometimes the System thinks that the app is hung up, and it ask to Wait or Close.

Anyway the Sygic navigator works and it has recent commercial maps. So at least for me it is a great new, because Navfree is great but maps are not updated and also openstreetmaps are very good in some places but bad in others.

Posted via CB10
    11-22-16 01:00 PM
    The question should really be "good for what?" Most GPS apps (including BB Maps) assume I'm in a car, which is almost never the case. What I really want is an app or website with detailed offroad maps for walking or cycling. Navfree doesn't seem able to navigate to anything other than a street address -- I enter compass coordinates, and it takes me to the nearest street address half a mile away. The Ordnance Survey website has great maps and will show compass coordinates very accurately, but the GPS pointer meant to show my location is way off. Any suggestions for what I need?
    04-14-17 12:26 PM
    The question should really be "good for what?" Most GPS apps (including BB Maps) assume I'm in a car, which is almost never the case. What I really want is an app or website with detailed offroad maps for walking or cycling. Navfree doesn't seem able to navigate to anything other than a street address -- I enter compass coordinates, and it takes me to the nearest street address half a mile away. The Ordnance Survey website has great maps and will show compass coordinates very accurately, but the GPS pointer meant to show my location is way off. Any suggestions for what I need?
    Google Maps offers walking and bicycle directions now, though it may vary by country. IIRC I've tried it in that mode once (they can be selected in the Directions by tab).

So far on Blackberry I've just used the m.google.com/maps link rather than a sideloaded app but haven't yet tested directions using it. I'd be curious if it differed from the dedicated app in that regard.
    04-15-17 10:09 AM
    Yes, as I said on another thread, the google maps website has all the functionality I need, except that the map itself is a tiny sliver, less than a third of the screen of my Classic. It may work fine on big-screen phones but is useless on mine (unless someone knows how to hide the blue navigation bars).
    04-15-17 05:13 PM
    CoPilot works well for me, from the Amazon app store. Offline maps, speed cameras and traffic warnings.

Posted via CB10
    04-15-17 07:11 PM
    Make sure the browser is set to the mobile version of the site. Sometimes when I go to an imdb link, it brings up the full version of the site. Annoying!

Posted via CB10
    04-16-17 04:31 PM
    I do not see any indication that it is the mobile version of the site -- the URL is just google.co.uk/maps, and I do not see any option to go to mobile version. Do you have a link to the mobile site?
    04-18-17 12:23 PM
    P.S. Entering "m.google.com/maps link" or "m.google.co.uk/maps" just takes me to a Google page offering me apps to download -- not what I'm looking for.
    04-18-17 12:35 PM
    I use also Navfree. A great Applikation for offline navigation.

Posted via CB10
    04-23-17 06:50 AM
    I use Waze, very great
    04-24-17 03:21 PM
    Well, after months of trying every GPS app, I've setlled on Google Maps, even thought it crashes occasionally and CoPilot, even though it takes 30 seconds to start.

Best of a bad bunch?

Posted via CB10
    10-26-17 04:47 PM
79 1234