With all the controversy about one guy making 47,000 apps...

I was looking at Top Grossing App in App World this morning, and there is one "Home ContactBook Pro" that is listed there. And I was shocked to see that it appears to just be a Contact backup application that uses Gmail to backup and restore your contacts - not really sure what it does to be honest. It has a warning that there are additional items for sales. And currently has no reviews, even though it is listed among the Top Grossing Apps - so I have to assume that it is one of their most downloaded apps (with there being free apps in the category, it can't be based on just sales). But the real kicker is this app is $99.99, that is $100 dollars for an app that most people that use LINK or have an Exchange or IMAP account don't need.

Can this really be a "Top Grossing App"?

How many $100 apps are there in BB App World?

What is the most expensive App that you have seen?
    08-22-13 10:25 AM
    With all the controversy about one guy making 47,000 apps...

I was looking at Top Grossing App in App World this morning, and there is one "Home ContactBook Pro" that is listed there. And I was shocked to see that it appears to just be a Contact backup application that uses Gmail to backup and restore your contacts - not really sure what it does to be honest. It has a warning that there are additional items for sales. And currently has no reviews, even though it is listed among the Top Grossing Apps - so I have to assume that it is one of their most downloaded apps (with there being free apps in the category, it can't be based on just sales). But the real kicker is this app is $99.99, that is $100 dollars for an app that most people that use LINK or have an Exchange or IMAP account don't need.

Can this really be a "Top Grossing App"?

How many $100 apps are there in BB App World?

What is the most expensive App that you have seen?
    There are a few $100+ apps in the App World, and all it takes to be "Top Grossing" is a few simple buys. Think about, 3 buyers = $300 dollars, and it could become "Top Grossing" for that day.
    08-22-13 10:36 AM
    There are a few $100+ apps in the App World, and all it takes to be "Top Grossing" is a few simple buys. Think about, 3 buyers = $300 dollars, and it could become "Top Grossing" for that day.
    Kinda confusing - at least for me.

So Top Grossing is only based on sales for that day only?

So how do FREE apps manage to get in the Top Grossing category?
    08-22-13 10:48 AM
    i always wondered about how the free apps were able to be in there myself.
    08-22-13 11:10 AM
    i always wondered about how the free apps were able to be in there myself.
    The Top Grossing app is identified by the Total Amount of Money that it makes on the current day. Some apps are free but these apps have I.A.P (In App Purchase), so that these kinds of free apps can be listed on the Top Grossing category
    08-22-13 11:24 AM
    http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/I_Am_Rich

CB10- BlackBerry Z10 - 10.2.0.1047
    08-22-13 11:29 AM