- CrackBerry Abuser
- 223 Posts
What's the difference between a Ported Android App and a Native app?
I was just curious what is the difference between the two? If you have a ported android app is it like you lose the peek into he hub functionality? Will you be missing options? What is the actual difference? Besides the ported app was originally made for android
- CrackBerry Genius
02-07-2013, 10:23 PM #2
- 3,644 Posts
When you run a ported Android app, peek works exactly as when you peek from a Native BB app.
When you swipe finger down from the top bezel on a Native BB app, the app shows it's menu (if it has any) on top of the screen (where you swipe). A ported Android app will show it's menu at the bottom of the screen (feels a bit odd, but it is easy to get used to).
BB doesn't have (and doesn't need) the back key found on the Android phones. Android apps depend on that back key. BB10 emulates a back key for Android Player when you swipe from the center of the bottom of the display up and right, or up and left.
The UI element used in ported Android app don't look like the UI seen on Native BB apps (Cascades).BB10: EmailforGoogleGmail, HUB & BBM Connected, NFC Enabled, Native App for Z10
BB10: MyProfilesPro, ShortcutMe 10, BBM Connected, NFC Enabled, Native Apps for Z10
BBOS 4+: ShortcutMe, (on sale, %40 off) The Ultimate Shortcut application for BlackBerry
BBOS 7+: NFCShortcuts, Tap a NFC tag to launch an app, a task, or your macro shortcut in Shortcutme
BBOS 5+: MyOwnHotKeys, Override default hotkeys and create your own hotkeys
- By gtmanning in forum General BlackBerry DiscussionReplies: 7Last Post: 06-24-2011, 07:00 AM
- By sabul in forum BlackBerry Bold 9700Replies: 32Last Post: 05-09-2010, 02:38 PM
- By lespaul in forum General BlackBerry DiscussionReplies: 1Last Post: 07-13-2009, 10:44 AM
- By Raven.the.Geek in forum AT&TReplies: 15Last Post: 05-02-2009, 11:21 PM
- By owensch1 in forum BlackBerry StormReplies: 12Last Post: 03-12-2009, 04:07 PM