Damn you the_igg, I had a spark of hope for a second

Posted via CB10
    the_igg likes this.
    06-19-13 03:40 AM
    Can she make me a sandwich????
    06-19-13 03:42 AM
    Damn you the_igg, I had a spark of hope for a second

Posted via CB10

Hahaha sorry! I couldn't resist Waiting around for this app gets quite frustrating. Had to release the tension somehow
    06-19-13 09:14 AM
    Here we go!! Two days to launch
    What happened to V1ki?-screen-shot-2013-07-17-15.12.33.jpg
    The moment has finally arrived.The very anticipated application for the Blackberry 10 devices is making its way to the Blackberry app world.
    After the hardships that we had to face for the past months,our team proudly presents to you the best voice recognition personal assistant for blackberry 10,VIKI.
    Unfortunately,we were not able to respond to a few comments of the users.We kindly apologise for that .

The application will be available in the app world from 19th July 2013 onwards.

Thanks everyone for their patience and their interest in VIKI.
    www.v1ki.com
    Last edited by Ruslan Botsyurko; 07-17-13 at 08:33 AM.
    Korepab and RECOOL like this.
    07-17-13 08:21 AM
    Phuck yeah finally our version of Siri is coming out. Haters gonna Hate!
    07-17-13 09:27 AM
    So its ready now I'll look out for it.
    07-17-13 09:55 AM
    How does Viki compare to SayIt?
    07-17-13 10:23 AM
    Here we go!! Two days to launch
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen Shot 2013-07-17 at 15.12.33.jpg 
Views:	1305 
Size:	35.1 KB 
ID:	183438
    In which thread or post did they mention this originally?
    07-17-13 10:39 AM

There is also this one:

http://forums.crackberry.com/news-ru...y-19th-808431/

After all the failed promises about V1ki failed to materialize over and over, many of us are pretty skeptical.
    07-17-13 11:30 PM
    They wrote this at their Facebook page, I just used the "quote" function to make it look better

BTW I've bought V1KI and have been testing it for 2 days. It's not bad, you can actually have a bit of conversation with it (just for fun, I'm not that pathetic ) , but it needs a whole lot of improvements.
    Funny thing I once used an AI chatbot aplication on PlayBook, I don't remember the name, but I figured V1KI uses exactly the same engine, just slightly modified. Plus I don't get why I should click my way through some menu, users should be able to control every function with their voice.

Posted via CB10
    07-20-13 05:57 PM
    ...I don't get why I should click my way through some menu, users should be able to control every function with their voice.
    Posted via CB10
    Total voice control is kinda the point! Clicking to do anything but activate VIki is lame.
    07-21-13 02:13 PM
    Plus I don't get why I should click my way through some menu, users should be able to control every function with their voice.

I would imagine that it is far easier to code a voice-recognition engine to recognize commands when those commands are limited to a specific subset of possibilities (ie narrow categories such as restaurant, sports, weather, etc) than if it is "open-ended", where it cannot make any assumptions about the content of the request.
    07-23-13 12:20 AM
    I would imagine that it is far easier to code a voice-recognition engine to recognize commands when those commands are limited to a specific subset of possibilities (ie narrow categories such as restaurant, sports, weather, etc) than if it is "open-ended", where it cannot make any assumptions about the content of the request.
    Yeah, for sure it is, but then what's the point of the whole voice control if you still have to look at the device and go through some menus? V1KI is pretty cool to show off, but the native voice assistant (especially in the leaked 10.2 OS I'm running on my Z10 now) is more universal and effective. It even has a sense of humour now
    What happened to V1ki?-img_00000937.jpg
    07-27-13 06:57 PM
    Yeah, for sure it is, but then what's the point of the whole voice control if you still have to look at the device and go through some menus? V1KI is pretty cool to show off, but the native voice assistant (especially in the leaked 10.2 OS I'm running on my Z10 now) is more universal and effective. It even has a sense of humour now

That's pretty funny. I hope what you have in 10.2 is a lot better than what I have in 10.1.0.4543.

If I try to enable "full" voice recognition, it completely ruins voice dialing, with an error rate so atrocious that voice dialing becomes virtually useless. If I just set it for "voice dialing only", it apparently reverts to the old Nuance VR engine that the legacy BBOS used, and I can actually use voice dialing again. (Which is actually a huge improvement over the VR in the original/ancient Verizon BB10 OS build I had on there, which was useless no matter how I configured it.)

There is also a ridiculous amount of missing functionality in the VR. For example: what is so d*mn difficult about providing a way to launch a third party app?? I have over 50 third party apps on my Z10, and I guarantee you that I do more with device than run a handful of native apps.
    07-27-13 09:58 PM
64 123