Zooming in and out one handed, isn't possible. I thought I read somewhere that you can zoom in and out with I and O on a PKB?

Double tapping isn't reliable and plus you can't zoom out that way. Nor is there an option of having virtual buttons

Am I missing anything? If not then, where could I point this out to BlackBerry?

"Triple the garlic in any given recipe"
    03-16-15 01:03 AM
    Pinch to zoom in and out with one hand is working for me.

Posted via CB10
    03-16-15 07:52 AM
    what phone and OS are you using?

The issue i'm having with maps on all 10.3.1 releases so far on my Passport now running 2558. Locating me is sometimes slow to find me. Also on 10.3.0 there were Yelp spots on the Maps.

Try using Google maps, Here, Natsav(in bbworld). They are all much better than BB maps but I do like BBmaps turn by turn more.

Viago by Garmin is the best GPS app but it's hard to find cracked version of it. The app also got pulled, no idea why...
    http://sites.garmin.com/en-US/viago/
    Last edited by khehl; 03-16-15 at 09:14 AM.
    03-16-15 08:50 AM
    Pinch to zoom in and out with one hand is working for me.

Posted via CB10
    Pinch to zoom works, just it's a two handed affair or an extremely uncomfortable one handed affair.

The new google maps has a very simple double tap and slide your finger up or down to zoom in or out, but since I have a PKB why aren't there physical keys maped for this ?

03-16-15 12:01 PM
    what phone and OS are you using?

The issue i'm having with maps on all 10.3.1 releases so far on my Passport now running 2558. Locating me is sometimes slow to find me. Also on 10.3.0 there were Yelp spots on the Maps.

Try using Google maps, Here, Natsav(in bbworld). They are all much better than BB maps but I do like BBmaps turn by turn more.

Viago by Garmin is the best GPS app but it's hard to find cracked version of it. The app also got pulled, no idea why...
    http://sites.garmin.com/en-US/viago/
    I have an older version of google maps running (I think 6.8.2) which runs very well, I was just using BlackBerry maps when I realized that you literally can't zoom in and out one handed. Which is a serious lack of usability to what I would otherwise say is a good built in map service

03-16-15 12:14 PM
    Very true, when you are driving you don't want to be doing pinch zoom. + zoom in and - zoom out works the best

Posted via CB10
    03-16-15 01:54 PM
    Very true, when you are driving you don't want to be doing pinch zoom. + zoom in and - zoom out works the best

Posted via CB10
    Exactly + & - should be mapped to the PKB instead it searches, everywhere else on the os you have to press "s" to initiate a search, this is the same problem with the universal search on the home screen, which should be initiated by pressing "s" because right now to have shortcuts work you have to press and hold which slows things down.

03-16-15 03:04 PM