I wish I could provide more input regarding the maps app, besides from the fact that my country is not supported (Colombia), and that issue in itself prevents me from testing the app in order to provide further feedback as I happily do for several other legacy applications.

I understand that mapping the whole planet at a street by street level of detail can be an expensive and long process. However, there are companies that sell this data and given the importance of a dependable maps app for BB10 O.S, it could be considered, specially for the list of countries that blackberry has stated in several occasions as their key markets. About half of those key markets still lack bb map data. This issue poses a question about the company's commitment to live up to its assertion of focusing on said countries to provide full and comprehensive support.
    BlackBerry isn't the best at communicating but every country they are concentrating on with the Z3 should for sure have map data. That is just plain stupid not to. Why would anyone want to buy a half working phone where their competition is fully working, service wise.

Posted via CB10
    10-13-14 11:16 AM
    Couldn't agree more about the usefulness of BlackBerry Traffic -- it was so accurate, it was scary.

What I would like to have in Maps is an audio output option. I use Bluetooth for handsfree telephony while I listen to terrestrial and satellite radio. Maps uses Bluetooth audio exclusively when Bluetooth is active. Bummer.

Posted via CB10
    10-13-14 03:38 PM
    Support for walking/cycling
    Display issues on roads (crashes etc)
    10-13-14 06:03 PM
    Couldn't agree more about the usefulness of BlackBerry Traffic -- it was so accurate, it was scary.
    SO ACCURATE! It use to amaze me how I could just go to an exit lane & the app would already start rerouting. With BB10 Maps you can exit your road & be traveling down a parallel highway that's separated from your planned highway & the phone/app won't even notice

Posted via CB10
    10-20-14 08:13 AM
    BlackBerry maps are great at driving but they miss the public transit and walking navigation. If they add at least the public transit navigation I will be very happy.

Visit my BBM Channel - C000E96F6
    10-20-14 08:17 AM
    Now that Nokia is no longer a competitor I really hope BlackBerry works out a deal for them to power the next BlackBerry Maps. Hopefully their current contracts with TomTom aren't too to long. Not that TomTom is doing a bad job, it's just that it's so basic & Nokia Here+ / Drive is so good...& has an extensive international map coverage

Posted via CB10
    10-20-14 05:17 PM
    Now that Nokia is no longer a competitor I really hope BlackBerry works out a deal for them to power the next BlackBerry Maps. Hopefully their current contracts with TomTom aren't too to long. Not that TomTom is doing a bad job, it's just that it's so basic & Nokia Here+ / Drive is so good...& has an extensive international map coverage

Posted via CB10
    Yea a Garmin or Nokia partnership would be sweet.

Posted via CB10
    10-20-14 07:13 PM
    - walking nav
    - public transit
    - offline downloadable
    - rotation with compass option

Posted via CB10
    10-20-14 07:34 PM
    A ton of features are needed. Hope they are planning a large update soon...

-Cycling! I need this. Google Maps is my only real option. Kind of NavFree as well.
    -Offline Maps
    -Some decent searching/POI, if I search for a school or restaurant, it should find it. I shouldn't need to, as I typically need to, Google the address and enter it.
    -Alternative Route options.

These would be the most important for me.
    10-30-14 11:21 PM
    Offline for sure!
    And full navigation, I didn't test navigation cus I need the map while I'm offline in my way to a place that I don't know where it's very well,

I don't think need to more than that.

Posted via CB10
    10-31-14 05:41 AM
    1. I would like to have defining multiple destinations to the trip. Right now there is only 2 points a to b. I would like to give multiple destinations between points a and b and find a route through those points.

2. BlackBerry 10 maps should suggest me different route options for point a to b. Right it gives me only one route option. Even if I know that route is not good, I have to stick to it since there is no other option.

3. I don't think BlackBerry is able to suggest me an alternate route if I am taking a wrong route. It should be able to calculate a the route to the right route after a deviation.

Posted via CB10
    11-16-14 09:06 PM
36 12