Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree16Likes
    Between Realities

Global Posts
    12,454 Global Posts

LOL. So basically, the word here is the same: Netflix and Hulu are not needed.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Quote Originally Posted by trelawrence View Post
    LOL. So basically, the word here is the same: Netflix and Hulu are not needed.
    BB10 has movies now. Even the new Blackberry World has Pan's Labyrinth but Netflix, sadly, does not. Amazon Prime also works through the Playbook browser. Got an HD episode of Band of Brothers (also absent on Netflix) playing on it right now just to make sure. So it seems Netflix is going the way of Words with Friends...obsolete and forgotten. I'm on the verge of cancelling my Netflix account as I haven't bothered with it in months.

Now, if I could only find American Psycho.
    Between Realities

Global Posts
    12,454 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Justthecrack View Post
    BB10 has movies now. Even the new Blackberry World has Pan's Labyrinth but Netflix, sadly, does not. Amazon Prime also works through the Playbook browser. Got an HD episode of Band of Brothers (also absent on Netflix) playing on it right now just to make sure. So it seems Netflix is going the way of Words with Friends...obsolete and forgotten. I'm on the verge of cancelling my Netflix account as I haven't bothered with it in months.

Now, if I could only find American Psycho.
    I like the addition of content (HUGE), but would like info as to how it works. Is there a monthly all-you-can eat fee (like Netflix), or is everything one-time consumable? Also, would I be able to check stuff out on multiple devices?
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    48 Global Posts

netflix and others should be ready at time of USA launch of bberry 10
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    126 Global Posts
    PIN
    Never

I dont know why people continue to say this but "netflix is blocked from the browser" Netflix runs on SILVERLIGHT, NOT FLASH!!!!. Thats why we cant just go to the website
    Blackberry Bold 9900 T-Mobile USA

Default Were is netflix, hulu plus and tango?

Quote Originally Posted by spyeagle View Post
    You have those servers hosted at a datacenter? Was thinking of actually putting PlayOn on one of my Windows boxes, then I could truly use it mobile and stick out my tongue at those, 'But does it have Netflix' idiots.
    I have a bunch of VPS's running Win 2008 (check out Vortex vps for a high power - cheap solution). But I run PlayOn off a data 'server' at home - which is a 30TB system purely for a datawarehouse.

I've broken it in two parts, one is a RAID5 for incremental backups across my web servers, local PCs + websites (using Areca) so I can restore documents to any point. Data recovery is important on that box. The RAID0 holds my media, itunes, photos, etc. And is auto-backed up to the RAID5 with everything else.

But I digress . The servers run on that box. And I've setup the firewall to let all the critical server apps through (PlayOn for example)

But yeah... it feels nice knowing I can get Netflix on my devices anytime. I hear there are ways to get PlayOn free - but I pay for it via app sales so it kinda balances out

Ed

Sent from my BlackBerry Veedu using Tapatalk 3

Default Were is netflix, hulu plus and tango?

Also,

Not entirely true - but pretty much. Netflix runs on silverlight for the full website. The version reaching iOS / Android + others is a proprietary reworking of HTML5 with special DRM handling as far as I've been able to tell. I suspect that DRM is what's causing issues - but that's pure speculation.

Ed

Sent from my BlackBerry Veedu using Tapatalk 3
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    283 Global Posts
    PIN
    Ask!!!!

Blackberry wasn't able to get any video streaming apps on their platform. There are no crackle, HBO, or Max Go apps either.
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    28FF5A97

Default Re: Were is netflix, hulu plus and tango?

Netflix - don't care, as Canadian version blows

HULU plus - not available to Canadians, so it useless to me

Tango - not sure what that is, therefore I don't care for it
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    4,723 Global Posts
    PIN
    BBM & Kik (ask)

Default Re: Were is netflix, hulu plus and tango?

Tango is a video chat app.
    RuneCryption - Unique memory game for PlayBook & BB10, now "Built for BlackBerry".
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    315 Global Posts

I was one of the die hard "I need Hulu+ on my playbook" folks then I realized that I would never actually have time to use it! When I do watch Hulu, it's at home on my PS3, Which I seem to only use for blue ray movies and Hulu, don't even have time for games...
    Last edited by KOOLWATER; 01-31-2013 at 12:26 PM.
    "In the end, the amount of people that attend your funeral will depend on the weather"
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12