Any word on this?

Posted via CB10 (BB Z10 : BLK)
    05-18-13 11:31 PM
    Other than side loaded? Probably not

Posted via CB10
    05-18-13 11:41 PM
    Native version, yes please. I hate having to side load it every time a new leak comes out and I upgrade my OS. Its the only app I need to side load now, since Skype is now in BlackBerry world.

Posted via CB10
    05-18-13 11:56 PM
    Why would you need Google maps when blackberry maps works flawlessly?

Posted via CB10
    Harrison Hoolahan likes this.
    05-19-13 02:19 AM

Posted via CB10
    Cuz Google is the king of maps and it's the best so far out there and nothing can and will beat it ever! And actually it's about to get better in this summer!

Posted via CB10 ~ Join My News Channel C000E96C1~
    05-19-13 02:33 AM

Posted via CB10
    Lol. Really? Google maps is one of the most awesome tools ever to exist.

There is no doubt about it, Google maps kicks BlackBerry maps in the nuts and steals its dinner money.

Posted via CB10
    bobauckland, Donvald and Admorris like this.
    05-19-13 02:35 AM
    You're kidding, right? If not, you obviously haven't tried the company that gathers 10 times more mapping data a year than Google, Nokia.

Not that Google Maps aren't good, but they are far from the best.

Posted via CB10
    05-19-13 02:36 AM
    It would be nice if they upload it to app world makes it easier for updates and ppl who find it difficult to sideload apps. My gf being one of them

Posted via CB10
    05-19-13 03:15 AM
    Google maps is cool I have it sideloaded but BlackBerry Maps and Waze are good too.

CB10- BlackBerry Z10
    05-19-13 03:31 AM
    BlackBerry maps don't work for us here in India... just shows white screen with blue dot...
    05-19-13 03:50 AM
    You're kidding, right? If not, you obviously haven't tried the company that gathers 10 times more mapping data a year than Google, Nokia.

Not that Google Maps aren't good, but they are far from the best.

Posted via CB10
    I must confess that I love Nokia Maps. one of the reasons I almost got a Lumia.

Posted via CB10
    05-19-13 03:50 AM
    The only thing that BlackBerry maps needs to fix are street names when zooming. Sometimes it looks cluttered.

The second thing is to add public transportation directions. You guys have an idea of how many people use and rely on the metro in NYC daily? Same goes for Los Angeles.

In my HTC One it was easy to go from point A to B taking the bus and trains. But here in the Z10 it's a headache. The Google maps in the browser does not respond when I hit go so, it doesn't matter if I put the address and hit public transportation and leave now. When I hit go that thing doesn't do anything. But I still wouldn't change my Z10 for any other OS.

Posted via CB10
    05-19-13 03:56 AM
    Google maps is always going to be what other mapping software apps are going to be judged against. They are the king and put allot of effort into the app.

But, I feel the BlackBerry maps is good enough for what I use a map app for, directions and getting a phone number of a business I need to contact.

I think the BlackBerry maps app in the z10 will only get better in time, after that last update I have seen a major improvement so they are on the right path.

Posted via CB10
    05-19-13 04:41 AM
    Yea I am really let down by the fact Google refuses to put their map app on the Z10. Maybe Thornstein pissed them off (wouldn't be surprised).

05-19-13 04:56 AM
    BlackBerry maps don't work for us here in India... just shows white screen with blue dot...
    +1

Will love BlackBerry Maps, if they map India... for us here its useless..

Posted via CB10
    05-19-13 06:10 AM
    +1

Posted via CB10
    Need to talk to Tele Atlast than...that is where BlackBerry is receiving its maps from.
    05-19-13 06:19 AM
    Yea I am really let down by the fact Google refuses to put their map app on the Z10. Maybe Thornstein pissed them off (wouldn't be surprised).

I honestly think Google is trying to force people to use their phones if you want to use their services.
    05-19-13 06:20 AM
    +1

Posted via CB10
    http://www.google.ca/url?sa=t&source...NX35ZqS0r8MoUQ
    05-19-13 06:22 AM
    Being a former Google maps user I've discovered BBMAPS works fine for me and don't miss the mighty Google at all.

Posted via CB10
    05-19-13 06:30 AM

Posted via CB10
    *FacePalm

Posted via CB10
    jfunds and timtts like this.
    05-19-13 06:39 AM
    I use Google maps on z10 all the time ,

Go online and pin website to your phone no need to sideload
    05-19-13 06:41 AM
    Anyone in India able to use Blackberry Maps? I have sideloaded Google Maps, though it works fine, but only problem is I cannot sign in to change my location name etc.
    05-19-13 06:48 AM
    For public transit and walking directions, both Google Maps and Nokia Here Now work fine in the browser. Street view works too. BB Maps is powered by TomTom, and they do driving navigation only.

For local search, I find Foursquare better than BB Maps, and it invokes BB Maps for navigation anyway.

Posted via CB10
    gebco likes this.
    05-19-13 06:53 AM
    The problem with MapMyIndia app for me is, I have not purchased the phone from authorized seller in India. I had got it from a friend in UK STL 100-2 & the developer has tieup with Blackberry India for free App to users. I don't have option to purchase & developer says I have to contact Blackberry & there is no way to contact Blackberry. Please help if you can guide.
    05-19-13 07:02 AM
    You're kidding, right? If not, you obviously haven't tried the company that gathers 10 times more mapping data a year than Google, Nokia.Posted via CB10
    Please try to distinguish between gathering and stealing. Google is the epitome of one whom gathers ALL your data (legally and illegally), with and without ones consent. They have gone as far as to place "dump sites" with super storage capacity over seas, hired people to enter buildings (public and private) to record the inside for their Street view app, and illegally scanned and distributed (without consent and or royalties paid) text that was copy written. Google has a plethora of ongoing and previous suits against them for their pursuit of becoming the "omnipotent search engine". A simple web search speaks for itself. i.e. ...

Google Settles Buzz Lawsuit With No Payout to Gmail Users | PCWorld
    Google settles copyright lawsuits with publishers, authors | Macworld
    Google Will Pay $22.5 Million to Settle FTC Charges it Misrepresented Privacy Assurances to Users of Apple's Safari Internet Browser

Unfortunately, with Google making over 50 Billion a year, these lawsuits are more a nuisance to them than a lesson. They are able to simply write a cheque and tell the plaintiff to go **** off while continuing to do the same action that landed them in court.

I honestly think Google is trying to force people to use their phones if you want to use their services.
    Agreed. (And even if you DONT want their services!) Just another reason, among many, that I will be dropping my Android and returning to BlackBerry once my contract ends.
    05-19-13 07:18 AM
47 12