Well at least it's a temporary solution till the bug is fix. Must be something wrong with the 3d encoding.

Posted via CB10
    03-17-13 11:40 AM
    I went from Toronto to Collingwood yesterday using this thing, no problems, I love it!

Posted via CB10
    03-17-13 12:20 PM
    Used it in Victoria BC, had it paying through my blue tooth as I listened to a podcast on my z10, and it directed me perfectly.....

Posted via CB10
    03-17-13 05:51 PM
    For some reason Waze screws up my phone. It gets wonky and screws up my HUB. Not sure why. Deleted it. Hope they bring a native one out. Too bad.
    03-17-13 05:52 PM
    It froze on my z10 after registration and my Device restarts itself. Second try, also froze, I need to shut down my device via the lock button. When it froze, I'm unable to do anything, I even tried to swipe up for the home screen but nothing happen. Anybody experiencing this?

Posted via CB10
    Same thing keeps happening to me as well. sometimes it'll work perfectly.. but most of the time it will freeze. just this morning, it froze and my z10 becomes unresponsive, i had to do a battery pull to force the phone to restart..
    04-01-13 07:56 PM
    I used it 2 times, haven't experienced any issues. Did you report it to them?
    04-01-13 08:24 PM
    For some reason Waze screws up my phone. It gets wonky and screws up my HUB. Not sure why. Deleted it. Hope they bring a native one out. Too bad.
    Try reinstalling it
    04-01-13 08:24 PM
    I use it almost every day, no issues. What version software are you on?
    04-01-13 08:48 PM
    Set to 2d map

Posted via CB10
    04-01-13 09:45 PM
    Nice app but it doesn't seem to be keeping track of all my points or kilometers traveled.

Has to be kept open to run, it will freeze crash if left in active frame for too long.

Posted via CB10
    04-01-13 11:05 PM
    I have two small issues with the Waze app. Right now If I select a destination, it calculates the travel time of say 33 minutes and arrival time of 9pm in the routes screen, but once I select a route the arrival time goes to 4am. The travel time stays at 33 minutes and continues to countdown. It's like the waze timezone setting is off by 7. I've tried changing the settings in the OS for timezone, but that doesn't seem to help. I also can't see my scoreboard points. I just get a blank screen if I select it. I wonder if this is more VZW OS issues. Any other Verizon Z10's have the same issues?
    04-02-13 10:49 PM
    Set to 2d map

Posted via CB10
    I'm going to try this tip...as I use it and 90% of the time it's fine but the other 10% it freezes or goes to the black screen of doom...

Thanks

Posted via CB10
    04-03-13 05:34 AM
    This app has frozen and rebooted my device both times I've tried to use it to navigate.

I contacted Waze support and hope they can attend to it. Perhaps we all should so they can measure the interest and hopefully do a native version when warranted.

I must also still try the 2D thing to try prevent the freezing. Holding thumbs it works.

- Posted in CB10 on The Incredible Z
    04-04-13 06:04 AM
    Sorry to say but it didn't work for me..
    Same thing freeze and/or black screen.

This app has frozen and rebooted my device both times I've tried to use it to navigate.

I contacted Waze support and hope they can attend to it. Perhaps we all should so they can measure the interest and hopefully do a native version when warranted.

I must also still try the 2D thing to try prevent the freezing. Holding thumbs it works.

Posted via CB10
    04-04-13 07:04 AM
    I've tried and retried with Waze, but to no avail. I'm certainly not using it in 2D just because that's all that works, particularly as the developers have never responded to my 3 emails.

Posted via CB10
    04-04-13 09:31 AM
    Can I suggest anyone with problems ask in the waze forums, it might bring the bugs to the attention of people who can get them fixed, also they will only develop a native app if they think there is a potential userbase out there.

Gordon
    04-04-13 09:40 AM
    Yup. I get the white screen shortly after driving starts and it can't find a network signal, even though I have a 3 bar signal from my carrier. In open area, so I should be getting GPS no problem. Hoping 2d solves it. Going to try now...
    04-05-13 01:49 PM
    I really don't get the 'try Waze in 2D' obsession. It's 2013. I want a Satnav that works in 3D as it's supposed to. Free or not.

Posted via CB10
    cwalt2166 likes this.
    04-05-13 04:42 PM
    Right now If I select a destination, it calculates the travel time of say 33 minutes and arrival time of 9pm in the routes screen, but once I select a route the arrival time goes to 4am. The travel time stays at 33 minutes and continues to countdown. It's like the waze timezone setting is off by 7.
    I used it for the first time today. Worked fine, but it had my time zone off by 3.
    04-05-13 04:48 PM
    I tried it and really wanted it to work. But it kept locking up. Voice commands were slow and disjointed it would say turn...............right ..................ahead, that sort of thing.

Ended up removing it
    04-05-13 07:53 PM
    Sorry to say but it didn't work for me..
    Same thing freeze and/or black screen.
    Sorry to hear that.
    I tried it this morning and the 2D seemed more stable than default of 3D. Can't say it won't happen again, since the previous times were mostly when I was busy using the app, not just looking at it navigate. But hopefully that renders it useful until they can improve on some things.

J

04-09-13 05:41 AM
    I really don't get the 'try Waze in 2D' obsession. It's 2013. I want a Satnav that works in 3D as it's supposed to. Free or not.

Posted via CB10
    Add that sentiment to the shut off LTE crowd :-)
    Stwutter likes this.
    04-09-13 06:32 AM
    Problems for me too. Worst one: it gives wrong directions! Also, random reboot, and the time errors.
    04-09-13 10:59 AM
    So far so good for me. It has frozen twice on me. I wish it wouldn't at all, but restarting the app just got me back enroute.

One thing I haven't figured out how to do is to save addresses in Waze (aside from Home and Work). Is there a way to do that?

I wish to, I could go to a contact, and click on something like "Navigate here via Waze" function. That would be very useful. Especially if I am in a rush, I don't want to manually have to type in the address every time I want to go somewhere, and my memory isn't that good any more, so I have to keep toggling back and forth between Waze and my Contact until the address is in.
    05-25-13 12:10 PM
    Hi

I tried to download it to my Q10 running 10.1.0.239 and it says not available for my device.

I couldn't find it at first I had to use the direct link.
    09-02-13 09:26 AM
57 123