I am not sure I even want to ask, but what's going on with the USA Today app? The main page is almost all sports stories now.

Posted via CB10
    01-03-17 06:58 PM
    Was THAT a question??? Uh oh!!

I believe, like most apps, there's a setting button in the app that allows you to enter "preferences." You may have to access the program from the USA TODAY website (through a browser) to make the front page "your page."
    But, I doubt it!! Besides... I only read The National Enquirer. So, every page is already set up with all the preferences I need!!
    01-04-17 02:21 AM
    Was THAT a question??? Uh oh!!

I believe, like most apps, there's a setting button in the app that allows you to enter "preferences." You may have to access the program from the USA TODAY website (through a browser) to make the front page "your page."
    But, I doubt it!! Besides... I only read The National Enquirer. So, every page is already set up with all the preferences I need!!
    There is no account to setup any preferences.

Posted via CB10
    anon(3732391) likes this.
    01-04-17 07:03 AM

Posted via CB10
    If that is the case, perhaps with Trump soon to be at the helm of the USS Sinking Ship, sports is all they want to talk about.

Posted using a Q10, 10.3.2.2474.
    anon(3732391) likes this.
    01-04-17 11:42 AM

Posted via CB10
    No account?? Uninstall the imposter, IMMEDIATELY ! !

With a title like USA TODAY, it smacks of Propaganda !! And you never what to really believe in that kind of media

The National Enquirer is the One Paper that you KNOW what is and what should never be!!
    01-05-17 02:30 AM
    No account?? Uninstall the imposter, IMMEDIATELY ! !

With a title like USA TODAY, it smacks of Propaganda !! And you never what to really believe in that kind of media

The National Enquirer is the One Paper that you KNOW what is and what should never be!!
    Oh yes, of one of the most established papers in the US.

Posted via CB10
    01-05-17 07:34 AM
    FOX NEWS is "established", too! Doesn't make them right. Actually, they are very (to the) right.
    Doesn't make them Correct !

The National Enquirer IS the most established paper and burns USA TODAY for its entertainment value, alone !!!

now... if I can just get this damn thing lit
    01-05-17 03:13 PM
    I am not sure I even want to ask, but what's going on with the USA Today app? The main page is almost all sports stories now.

Posted via CB10
    Getting back to your original question. I had to look myself, and you're right. It's been a few days since I last opened it and it wasn't like that at least up to this past weekend.

Something else I noticed - since updating to 10.3.3, the "Breaking News" notifications no longer come through.
    01-05-17 11:09 PM
    Getting back to your original question. I had to look myself, and you're right. It's been a few days since I last opened it and it wasn't like that at least up to this past weekend.

Something else I noticed - since updating to 10.3.3, the "Breaking News" notifications no longer come through.
    I don't have 10.3.3 yet, but my notifications stopped as well. It's like the news feed is now scrambled.

Posted via CB10
    01-06-17 09:53 AM
    Ditto on push notifications having stopped a long time ago.

I see a lot of sports headlines on the opening page as well. It's not all sports, but sports headlines probably outnumber the rest.
    01-07-17 10:29 AM
    On the notifications, I noticed... probably around the time 10.3.2 came out... that I wouldn't get them unless I opened the app itself at some point. Once I opened it and then closed it, then I'd start getting notifications for the next few days. But they eventually stopped. If I open the app again, the notifications would come in again for the next several days.

I actually rarely open USA Today, mainly because I have RSS Savvy where I get most of my news now. Usually, by the time USA Today sends out breaking news notifications, I've already read about it from another source several hours earlier.

However, since updating to 10.3.3, the notifications have totally stopped. The app still works, and notifications set, but nothing's come through. I can only assume that they are still sending out notifications.

Of course, the app hasn't been updated in 3 years now, so the fact that it's still working at all is kind of a miracle. Maybe it's why we're now getting sports heavy front page while the iOS (wife's phone) and Android (son's phone) versions don't. Something must have changed on their end sometime after Christmas, because that's when I noticed a difference in the front page listing.

Posted via CB10
    01-07-17 11:59 AM
    Ditto on push notifications having stopped a long time ago.

I see a lot of sports headlines on the opening page as well. It's not all sports, but sports headlines probably outnumber the rest.
    They never had sports stories on the main page. If so, it would be one. There is significant US and world news missing now. Down goes another app

Posted via CB10
    01-07-17 01:16 PM
    They never had sports stories on the main page. If so, it would be one. There is significant US and world news missing now. Down goes another app

Posted via CB10
    Down goes another app? Perhaps. I don't use it much and only opened it this time for the first time in a long time when prompted by this thread.

It was never that great, in my opinion. Slow to open. Slower if you don't have location service enabled. There are better news services. The push notifications were good when they were working, and the only thing that made the app worthwhile, so far as I'm concerned.

Now that I'm reminded I have it and I don't need it, I will delete it next thing I do. Won't miss it.
    01-07-17 03:35 PM
    Down goes another app? Perhaps. I don't use it much and only opened it this time for the first time in a long time when prompted by this thread.

It was never that great, in my opinion. Slow to open. Slower if you don't have location service enabled. There are better news services. The push notifications were good when they were working, and the only thing that made the app worthwhile, so far as I'm concerned.

Now that I'm reminded I have it and I don't need it, I will delete it next thing I do. Won't miss it.
    Well, I have been using it for as long as I can remember since I have had my Q10. It was convenient and one of the only US news apps. CNN used to lock up my browser.

Posted via CB10
    01-07-17 06:31 PM
    The National Enquirer Still works just fine!!
    01-09-17 09:29 AM
    Now that I think about it, I don't get New York Times notifications anymore either!

Posted via CB10
    01-11-17 07:20 PM
    Now that I think about it, I don't get New York Times notifications anymore either!

Posted via CB10
    I noticed that as well. Ever since 10.3.3, New York Times notifications have stopped

Posted via CB10 using my amazing  Passport (OG Red) <3
    01-11-17 11:55 PM
    I noticed that as well. Ever since 10.3.3, New York Times notifications have stopped

Posted via CB10 using my amazing  Passport (OG Red) <3
    I don't have 10.3.3 yet. Just after I posted, I magically got a NYT notification! And another during the night! So weird.

Posted via CB10
    01-12-17 06:07 AM
    I don't have 10.3.3 yet. Just after I posted, I magically got a NYT notification! And another during the night! So weird.

Posted via CB10
    Good to hear it's working for you again! For me it still doesn't so from the looks of it it's a 10.3.3 issue.

Edit: I did receive a notification just now but only after opening the NY Times app so there really is some issue present on 10.3.3

Posted via CB10 using my amazing  Passport (OG Red)
    Last edited by Vistaus; 01-12-17 at 04:39 PM.
    01-12-17 04:17 PM