I know there are several 3rd party apps for the Pebble on BlackBerry, and they work great. I was wondering if anyone has been able to upgrade the firmware on their Pebble without pairing it to an Android phone.

I haven't found any way to upgrade the firmware by PC.
    11-08-13 04:26 AM
    The last thing I read probably about a month or so ago, everyone that was able to upgrade was having to use an Android device. But a bump for you in hopes that maybe somebody has figured out an alternative way.

I wonder if this is something that could be done with an android emulator on a PC, not sure if you can test external accessories with the android emulator.
    11-08-13 01:08 PM
    Is this something that could be done if the android app was sideloaded?

I just received my Pebble and am stuck on the ready foe update screen. How do you get past this to show the time and use the watch?
    11-08-13 02:11 PM
    AFAIK the Pebble Android App does not work on BlackBerry 10 as the our Android VM does not have Bluetooth support.

Posted via CB10
    PowderJockey and Mack Gans like this.
    11-08-13 03:00 PM
    Press enough buttons in the right order one will get past the update screen.

Hope Pebble is serious about BB to continue with app updates.
    11-08-13 03:13 PM
    AFAIK the Pebble Android App does not work on BlackBerry 10 as the our Android VM does not have Bluetooth support.

Posted via CB10
    Same thing I heard, APIs it needs don't exist for android on BB
    11-08-13 03:29 PM
    The Pebble app crashes when you open it.

I guess I will have to borrow a friend's Android phone to update the firmware.
    11-08-13 11:24 PM
    I tried on 2 different iPhones running iOS7. it wouldn't work. firmware update kept stalling. Well, I guess Pebble is aware of the issue and is putting out a new Pebble app for iPhone. should be out soon and will hopefully solve that issue.

I then tried a Android tablet and it worked the first time.

Sideloading the app wont work. you will need a android or iPhone to get latest firmware and to load watch faces..

then go get the Talk2Watch app at BB appworld to connect the watch to your BB phone. that app works great.

Pebble has made some changes so that developers can develop apps easier and with more control. so hopefully things may work in our favor someday.

Pebble has stated that at this time they do not have plans at this time to make a BB app. .
    PowderJockey and Mack Gans like this.
    11-09-13 07:57 AM
    I tried on 2 different iPhones running iOS7. it wouldn't work. firmware update kept stalling. Well, I guess Pebble is aware of the issue and is putting out a new Pebble app for iPhone. should be out soon and will hopefully solve that issue.

I then tried a Android tablet and it worked the first time.

Sideloading the app wont work. you will need a android or iPhone to get latest firmware and to load watch faces..

then go get the Talk2Watch app at BB appworld to connect the watch to your BB phone. that app works great.

Pebble has made some changes so that developers can develop apps easier and with more control. so hopefully things may work in our favor someday.

Pebble has stated that at this time they do not have plans at this time to make a BB app. .
    Thanks for you info. Talk2Watch does work very well. The Pebble app that I downloaded from the App World works as well, but not near as many options as the Talk2Watch.
    11-09-13 11:26 AM
    Pebble has made some changes so that developers can develop apps easier and with more control.
    This is correct for apps which use the Pebble SDK on iOS or Android - as a developer you don't have to care about how a message is transmitted there. All the basic system functions can be accessed via an easy interface.
    Unfortunately it is completely different on BB10 because developers have to implement the basic system function on their own. I don't see any improvements there.
    11-09-13 11:28 AM
    Press enough buttons in the right order one will get past the update screen.

Hope Pebble is serious about BB to continue with app updates.
    Unfortunately, Pebble had and has no plans for supporting BlackBerry 10. Third party developers are trying to bridge the gap. I hope they will be able to provide the same functionality at some point in time.

Posted via CB10
    11-09-13 11:38 AM
    Yea, I asked Pebble about BlackBerry. They have no plans to support blackberry at this time ,as already mentioned.

Hopefully in time, with enough interest, they may.

Posted via CB10
    11-09-13 05:00 PM
    I guess I need to find a way to upgrade to the new firmware. No chance of it with BlackBerry 10.

For People On The Move - BB 10.2.0.424 Official
    11-10-13 06:49 PM
    I've upgraded the firmware with my old iPhone running iOS6 and when I had an issue and had to restore to factory settings, I also fired up my HP Touchpad dual booted with Cyanogen mod (Android 4.0). If I recall, I think I updated the newer firmware there, or maybe it was just updating the app. Anyway, would something like bluestacks (Android apps on PC/Mac) work?
    11-10-13 11:11 PM
    I going to give something a go. I've installed Android 4.3 (tablet) into Virtualbox and I'll see if I can use that to install the upgrade to the firmware. The Pebble app installed just fine, but I need to acquire a bluetooth dongle. If this works, I maybe a way to get this on the watch.
    11-11-13 05:39 PM
    I've upgraded the firmware with my old iPhone running iOS6 and when I had an issue and had to restore to factory settings, I also fired up my HP Touchpad dual booted with Cyanogen mod (Android 4.0). If I recall, I think I updated the newer firmware there, or maybe it was just updating the app. Anyway, would something like bluestacks (Android apps on PC/Mac) work?
    I was wondering if CM would work, would love to pick up a pebble for christmas if I can use one of my CM TPs to update firmware and get watch faces that would be perfect.

I going to give something a go. I've installed Android 4.3 (tablet) into Virtualbox and I'll see if I can use that to install the upgrade to the firmware. The Pebble app installed just fine, but I need to acquire a bluetooth dongle. If this works, I maybe a way to get this on the watch.
    Please let us know how this goes, very interested by this possibility as well.
    11-12-13 11:34 AM
    I don't have one but see they are available locally. But you can only upgrade firmware on it using Android or iPhone ? So as a windows and BlackBerry user there is no way ?

Posted via CB10
    11-12-13 01:02 PM
    I don't have one but see they are available locally. But you can only upgrade firmware on it using Android or iPhone ? So as a windows and BlackBerry user there is no way ?

Posted via CB10
    Unless PowderJockey gets his VM idea to work, we shall see what happens.
    11-12-13 01:17 PM
    http://forums.getpebble.com/discussi...le-not-working

Solution is here. You will need an ios device to do this. I set it up with an ipad. I use talk2watch to use pebble with my z10.

You can not sideload the official app. It will tell you the device needs bluetooth and then close. The runtime can not use bluetooth or nfc. Which is dumb. I get it, but it's dumb.
    Pebble will not make a BlackBerry app. They can't even answer support emails. They're a very amateur company. They were worse as allerta/inpulse though.
    11-12-13 03:36 PM
    I'm wondering about the news to day about 10.2.1 upping the Android Jellybean 4.2.2 runtime and the Google Play store coming into play. This could make a big difference. One of the things that was stated was the Bluetooth working on the BB 10 devices with the Android apps, in the future.

PS: Haven't located a Bluetooth dongle(adapter) in town yet, so my experiment is in stall mode a day or 2.
    11-13-13 08:14 PM
    When the update comes, I would expect that the app will work for firmware and perhaps uploading faces from my pebble faces , but I have no clue about notifications.
    11-13-13 08:28 PM
    Time will tell. This is something that I willing to test. I have a Pebble and it's nothing to load apps and see what happens.
    11-13-13 08:32 PM
    Loading watchfaces and updating firmware can be done with Pebble app on my Z10 with latest leak. Notifications does not goes to the watch. Connected watchfaces work (I'm on firmware 2.0 beta) as long as you install the connected Android apk, but not all features will work. I have tried with WatchNote (Evernote client) and Glance, while the first app worked flawlessly, the latter was limited : only weather, LocationSMS (send your location to a predefined SMS recipient) and stocks were working. One big problem is that you can't run Pebble app AND Talk2Watch/PbbL together, so you'll have to choose from getting cool connected watchfaces (Pebble app) or getting your notifications (Talk2Watch/PbbL).
    lotuslanderz likes this.
    11-13-13 10:56 PM
    I've created a Pebble enthusiast BBM group, if you want to join, just leave your PIN here or send a message at roger (at) rogerleblanc (dot) net.
    11-13-13 11:00 PM
    24c39500 thanks

For the person on the move - BB10-10.1.0.424 + Pebble
    11-14-13 10:17 AM
43 12