So, after upgrading to 10.2.1, I downloaded the 1Mobile Market app, which works reasonably well (though all my Android apps seem slower and clunkier than before). When it loads, it identifies updates for most of my Android apps -- not only those I had previously side-loaded, but also the Android-ported apps for BlackBerry I acquired from BlackBerry World. These are pretty common apps -- Skype, Kindle, Wisepilot, Pandora, etc. The version numbers of the native Android and the BB World versions are totally different, so it's hard to say what's the newer version.

So, if I have an app like Kindle, and my current version is the latest version available on BB World, but 1Mobile says there's a newer raw Android version available, should I upgrade?
    01-30-14 02:02 PM

So, if I have an app like Kindle, and my current version is the latest version available on BB World, but 1Mobile says there's a newer raw Android version available, should I upgrade?
    It's entirely up to you. Really though, the Android version in BBW hasn't been update in ages so yeah.. update it. Just DO NOT update any of the system apps if it says to.
    01-30-14 02:04 PM
    Actually any app I've installed through BlackBerry World, If I try to update with 1 Mobile / Amazon or any other store if fails. Probably because they are .bar files and android stores are obviously .apk

Posted via CB10
    01-30-14 03:22 PM
    Did you try deleting the .bar versions first?

One thing I've found annoying about 1Mobile is that it tells you a certain app needs to be updated, and allows you to download and install the update, but then the install fails because "you already have another version of this app installed." Well, duh, it's the one you're telling me to update. It seems you have to manually delete the old version before you can install the new one.

More general question, and forgive me for asking something so basic. Are the .bar files you can install from BBW really different from their .apk equivalents, in some functional sense? Are they tweaked to make them more stable on BB10? Or is a newer .apk file generally preferred to an older .bar version?
    01-30-14 04:04 PM
    I did think of that but to be honest, the apps that are in BlackBerry World I'm going to keep using! Support BlackBerry and all that.

Also with the .bar & .apk I'm really not sure. But from what I can tell it's just the 'Package' that they come in.

Apk - Droid Package
    Bar - BlackBerry package

And I think the files they contain are essentially the same, not 100% sure though.

Posted via CB10
    01-30-14 04:28 PM
    Quick question, if i wanna totally uninstall an app or amazon app store, how do I go about doing it? Must i delete the apk installer? Or do I just click and hold and delete it on the home screen?

Posted via CB10
    01-30-14 06:18 PM
    OK, a bit more info.... I downloaded the latest version of Kindle from 1Mobile, dated Jan 2014 (the latest version in BBW is dated March 2013). It installed, but wouldn't open -- just hung despite multiple reboots, etc. So I deleted and reinstalled the version in BBW, which works fine.
    01-31-14 11:03 AM