Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By viewtiful_jon
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Unit Converter for BB10

Hey CrackBerry,

my first BB10 app just passed through Approval tonight. I've included a link to the application on BlackBerry World if you're interested:

BlackBerry World - Unit Converter

I get the feeling not too many people will be super excited about a simple utility app, but hey, it's free, it's handy, and I fully intend to build up the feature set/squash bugs/etc. until it's the top Unit Converter App on BlackBerry World.

If you decide to use my app, any and all suggestions/feedback/bug reports would be much appreciated. Also, if there are any other similar utilities you're interested in seeing made with a similar focus on BB10 System UI compliance and ease of use, let me know and I'll see if I can find time to build it

Thanks for your interest, and good night! Only 5 more days!
    Thanked by 2:
    cuong205a (01-27-2013),  Darlaten (01-26-2013) 
    cuong205a likes this.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Default Re: Unit Converter for BB10

Just a question - do people not know of amazing unit conversion mode of the built in Cascades Calculator app (PlayBook)?
    Thanked by:
    RocPlayr (01-28-2013) 
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #3  

Uh, no, this is the first I've heard of it...I don't actually own a Playbook.
    CrackBerry Abuser

CrackBerry Addict

Quote Originally Posted by overzeer View Post
    Just a question - do people not know of amazing unit conversion mode of the built in Cascades Calculator app (PlayBook)?
    What's your point?
    CrackBerry Abuser

Quote Originally Posted by Vector-SS View Post
    What's your point?
    Have a look, get ideas, make something even better!

Edit: found a better video:
    Last edited by overzeer; 01-26-2013 at 12:27 PM.
    CrackBerry Genius

Congratulations on getting your app built and submitted and approved. It may be a simple utility but its one that I use every single day. I'll be sure to look for yours when i get my phone to show support.

If I could make one suggestion, would you consider adding in conversion rules for shoe sizes, ie, European, Asian, North American and so forth? Shirt sizes would be helpful to. I haven't seen a conversion app that includes clothing conversion rules yet so that might be a way to differentiate your app. Heck I'd be more than happy paying to have that option available as an add-in.

Again thanks for your efforts!
    The Z10 will be my last BB phone; switching platforms.
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #8  

Quote Originally Posted by Darlaten View Post
    If I could make one suggestion, would you consider adding in conversion rules for shoe sizes, ie, European, Asian, North American and so forth? Shirt sizes would be helpful to. I haven't seen a conversion app that includes clothing conversion rules yet so that might be a way to differentiate your app. Heck I'd be more than happy paying to have that option available as an add-in.
    Hey Darlaten, I fully intend to fill up the app with all manner of obscure unit types, to make my own life studying Engineering easier. I didn't think to do Shoe/Shirt sizes, but I could definitely look into it! Thanks for the suggestion.
    CrackBerry Addict

PIN
    50251ACB

It looks a little too bright for me and personally I would tone down the colours of the icons to suit the BB10 theme. However, keep up the good work and fill your app with conversion options. thanks
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #10  

Quote Originally Posted by tinker2000 View Post
    It looks a little too bright for me and personally I would tone down the colours of the icons to suit the BB10 theme. However, keep up the good work and fill your app with conversion options. thanks
    Hey tinker, thanks for the post. I probably won't be changing the colour scheme, since I wanted it to look like the System Settings and other native BB10 system apps. But I will think about the icons.

*Edit: Argh, finicky attachment uploader uploaded my screen capture twice without ever confirming either attemp worked.*
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Unit Converter for BB10-img_00000217.jpg   Unit Converter for BB10-img_00000217.png