• 1 Post By just_luc
  • 5 Post By MaxxJag
  • 1 Post By tjseaman

Global Posts
    3,064 Global Posts
    PIN
    24BF22A0
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Uncalled for Rude Response from a developer - can some one else make a competing app?

Well despite the mood changing there are still no shortage of dev's who have no interest in developing for Blackberry, but I have never gotten a response this rude before..

I'd really like to have an app similar to this, can any dev step up and make something similar? They charge 14.99 for it.. I'd happily pay twice that!

RIM 950 .... Blackberry Z10 (STL100-3 on hybrid OS 10.3.0.140/misc) and everything in between
    + Playbook 32GB
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    Which one? Ask me.

I don't even know what to say to that.
    just_luc likes this.
    CrackBerry Abuser

looks like the app is a real estate app that lets agents make MLS listings from their phone/tablet. List number of bedrooms and post photos and details. Hope someone sees this and develops a good one. There is a market for it at more than $10 per app!
    Between Realities

Global Posts
    11,669 Global Posts

Oh my. A little harsh. It's a reality, but on the surface, sounded very off-putting.
    Between Realities

Global Posts
    11,669 Global Posts

Checked out his reply to you, OP... it is possible developer truly didn't know FYI. Maybe he wasn't trying to be rude, just not on top of latest developments with the platform.
    pantlesspenguin likes this.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    316 Global Posts

I am pretty sure RIM made it very easy to port apps whether repackaging Android apps or porting code to BB from iOS and Android so I never understand why devs would turn their nose up at more users esp. as an Indie developer. If you gain more users, you gain more revenue esp on BB platform where users are used to paying more for good apps.
    Regards,

Moolah Mitch

Z10 STL100-3/10.1.0.2354
    Playbook 16G 2.1.0.1526
    Playbook 64G 2.1.0.1526

Global Posts
    3,064 Global Posts
    PIN
    24BF22A0
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #8  

Quote Originally Posted by PostMortem View Post
    I don't even know what to say to that.
    That's what I said..

Quote Originally Posted by SCrid2000 View Post
    What's the app?
    Quote Originally Posted by a1s2d3f4g5 View Post
    looks like the app is a real estate app that lets agents make MLS listings from their phone/tablet. List number of bedrooms and post photos and details. Hope someone sees this and develops a good one. There is a market for it at more than $10 per app!
    It's an app for real estate agents that we load our listings into for open houses.. it scrolls some pictures of the home as a screen saver and then visitors to the open house can use it to sign in.. it asked them some basic questions like name, email, phone, are you working with an agent, how did you hear about this open house.. and we can add additional questions if we wish. Once the client fills it out it sends them a Thanks for coming email immediately and then later we can export a list of everyone who came and their contact information, organized by those who said they were working with an agent and those who weren't.

If i'm making a wish list.. I'd also like to to have a randomization option so I can pick one visitor to win a draw or something like that. And I would like to be able to add an attachment to the Thank you email (a pdf of the feature sheet for the home.)

If someone can make something for BlackBerry 10 that can do all that (and has a professional looking and easy to use interface because clients type in their own info) I would be more then happy to pay 29.99 for it.

EDIT: I'd also like to be able to customize the sign in screen and the welcome email with my logo and other information if possible.

RIM 950 .... Blackberry Z10 (STL100-3 on hybrid OS 10.3.0.140/misc) and everything in between
    + Playbook 32GB

Global Posts
    3,064 Global Posts
    PIN
    24BF22A0
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #9  

Quote Originally Posted by trelawrence View Post
    Checked out his reply to you, OP... it is possible developer truly didn't know FYI. Maybe he wasn't trying to be rude, just not on top of latest developments with the platform.
    He's back pedaling now.. saying he just didn't think it was out yet.. but his initial response wasn't "oh I didn't think Blackberry 10 was out yet" it was "What is Blackberry 10.. " he was just trying to be a **** and then remembered we were on social media and it made him look bad.

+ Playbook 32GB
    Blacklatino likes this.
    CrackBerry Addict

seeing the reply, will give benefit of doubt to him. Having a small team, it does sound wise to wait and spend resources where needed.
    Time you enjoy wasting, was not wasted
    CrackBerry Abuser

Well, I was trying to think of some new app that I could work on. This might be a good idea.

I'd love working with you for the app, just send me a PM and we can get started.
    Thanked by 3:
    a1s2d3f4g5 (01-29-2013),  dentynefire (01-29-2013),  just_luc (01-29-2013) 

Global Posts
    3,064 Global Posts
    PIN
    24BF22A0
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #12  

Quote Originally Posted by MaxxJag View Post
    Well, I was trying to think of some new app that I could work on. This might be a good idea.

I'd love working with you for the app, just send me a PM and we can get started.
    Will do MaxxJag! Sounds like a great plan, hopefully you can make some money and I can have an app that suits my needs perfectly!

+ Playbook 32GB

Global Posts
    10,253 Global Posts
    PIN
    PM me. :)

He said what he wanted with..."we go where the users are". Cancels any backpeddling comments on his part and doesn't sound like a guy that sees potential dollar signs as opposed to platforms.
    Yes, Anger Management does work. 5th time is the charm.
    CrackBerry Addict

Agree and it also doesn't present great customer service if the OP was to consider moving to another platform if that was the only option. He could have simply stated that "at this time we are not currently developing for the BB10" which would have been a more professional response. It seems he is not interested in BlackBerry and at the same time to poke fun at a potential customer.
    BlackBerry 10...don't care what anyone says...I'm loving it and that's all that matters to me!.
    Thanked by:
    just_luc (01-29-2013) 
    just_luc likes this.

Global Posts
    3,064 Global Posts
    PIN
    24BF22A0
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #15  

Quote Originally Posted by tjseaman View Post
    Agree and it also doesn't present great customer service if the OP was to consider moving to another platform if that was the only option. He could have simply stated that "at this time we are not currently developing for the BB10" which would have been a more professional response. It seems he is not interested in BlackBerry and at the same time to poke fun at a potential customer.
    I agree 100%.. I've reached out to LOTS of developers lately.. MOST unfortunately aren't choosing to develop for BB10 at this time, but responses have been "Sorry, no plans for BB10 at this time" " We're waiting to see the demand" "unfortunately we don't have the resources to develop for another platform at this time" Disappointing sure.. but I don't begrudge them for their opinion.. They don't owe me anything and can develop for whatever platform they choose.

This guy basically just said pfft.. you use THAT? Why would we bother your platform is beneath us.. But that's ok.. he's lost my business. I'm sure MaxxJag will release his app cross platform once the kinks are ironed out and then it'll be too late for this other guy.

+ Playbook 32GB
    CrackBerry Master

That app doesn't sound too difficult to develop and also you have a good idea OP. Cascades has some nice effects that may impress your (potential) clients. Hope you get a better app out of this!

and yeah the guy sounds like a ****.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    3,856 Global Posts
    PIN
    excepting applications

Default Uncalled for Rude Response from a developer - can some one else make a competing app?

Wow what a snob.

Sent from my BlackBerry by Choice using Tapatalk
    I waited...It launched...Im still waiting...