The developers don't care about BB10 users.. I have written them a lot of times asking them to open the Typic+ app to all the regions on BBW and I haven't received any answers.. Finally I've got the BAR file thanks to SirJes
    10-08-14 07:10 AM
    I wish you could share a bar file of bittorque
    I can't download that app anymore.

~Omar Via CB10 on Z10STL100-2/10.3.0.1154
    Stan04 likes this.
    10-08-14 12:21 PM
    No, not everyone on BBW, but definitely some - as has been shown. Yes, I defend his right to continue on with his free app or not. You have no idea what reasons he decided not to continue. This developer did not deserve your money. Good thing you didn't pay any.

Bud lets live in reality he abandoned his BB10 customers. His app is still available on IOS. The guy just up and left. No quality developer would do that. You know it, I know it.

I wouldn't recommend supporting him on any platform, as who knows if he'll continue supporting the app. He won't respond to emails from loyal customers or fans Its a pretty open and shut case, guys a jerk.

Move on.

Posted via CB10
    10-08-14 02:47 PM
    You keep referring to "customers", Clanked: but of course you aren't a customer because you didn't pay a thing for it.

You talk about never supporting him, but so far your support amounts to that which a parasite demonstrates towards it's host.

Instead of gratitude for the use you've had, you've demonstrated nothing but contempt and a spiteful attitude.

Any developer would bitterly mourn the loss of your patronage.
    10-08-14 04:20 PM
    You keep referring to "customers", Clanked: but of course you aren't a customer because you didn't pay a thing for it.

You talk about never supporting him, but so far your support amounts to that which a parasite demonstrates towards it's host.

Instead of gratitude for the use you've had, you've demonstrated nothing but contempt and a spiteful attitude.

Any developer would bitterly mourn the loss of your patronage.
    So let me get this straight. Developer is paid by blackberry to bring over his paid app on ios to bb10. He proceeds to not update it, or show any communication with the community, then a tiny minor bug comes up regarding its ability to save a file image, and instead of fixing this minor issue for the hundreds who have pleaded for him too, he proceeds to pull the app and not respond TO ONE OF THE COMMUNITIES EMAILS........But no no i'm the bad guy for calling him out for his garbage communication an service. Dude I support developers like crazy, but this one is a rotten egg.....pick a better horse to protect, this one has 4 broken legs.

Posted via CB10
    10-08-14 04:59 PM
    You had a free app from which you self evidently get value. There is, in your words, a "minor" bug. Or possibly in your imagination, you think it should be a minor effort to fix (not that you're qualified to judge), and that you're entitled to have it fixed for you free of charge because of, er, well just because.

Parasite.

But maybe not always.

So what apps have you actually supported by paying for them?

As opposed to supporting it merely by restraining yourself from witlessly badmouthing the developer in public?
    10-08-14 05:45 PM
    You had a free app from which you self evidently get value. There is, in your words, a "minor" bug. Or possibly in your imagination, you think it should be a minor effort to fix (not that you're qualified to judge), and that you're entitled to have it fixed for you free of charge because of, er, well just because.

Parasite.

But maybe not always.

So what apps have you actually supported by paying for them?
    The developer has a right to support his app. You keep pivoting your argument to me being a "parasite" but that's really irrelevant here. The focus is developer made app, pulled app, ignoring emails and communication. This is not good business practice. End of story.

PS: ive paid for TONS of native cascade apps on bbw, made threads about telling native developer don't worry about android apps we WILL support you. I'm a very good BBW customer. You don't know me at all. But again all this is nonsense BS to pivot the argument away from your straw man argument, but sorry im not biting on that. Keep the name calling to a minimum, you're better than that pal.

Posted via CB10
    10-08-14 07:39 PM
    "The developer has a right to support his app"

What you mean to say here, but fail to express correctly, is that you feel entitled to free support from the developer for the app. which also cost you nothing.

"This is not good business practice"

If you'd paid anything for the app you downloaded for free, used for free, and now expect support for, for free, you can start talking about good business practice.

But you keep using terms like "Customer" for rhetorical effect. You aren't a customer, because you didn't pay anything. You are, at best, a freeloader.

You keep referring to a "strawman argument". This just demonstrates you don't understand what a strawman argument is.

You downloaded a free app; you used a free app; you now believe you are entitled to free support for that app.

Which of these facts do you contest? Are you offering to pay the developer to fix the bug in the free app that you've been using? If so, how much? Offering a bounty is a common way of showing your support. Perhaps you can organise the "hundreds who have pleaded" - evidence? - to chip in a couple of dollars each.

"PS: ive paid for TONS of native cascade apps on bbw"

Maybe. Which ones. Be specific.

"Keep the name calling to a minimum, you're better than that pal"

I think the term "parasite" is accurate. But it does oversimplify. In the meantime, I'm happy to accept that you are merely acting like a parasite in this case.

In the meantime:

"garbage communication an service", "this one is a rotten egg", "guys a jerk", "This developer is clearly a bit of a lazy a$$."

recognise any of those quotes?
    10-09-14 07:30 AM
    "The developer has a right to support his app"

What you mean to say here, but fail to express correctly, is that you feel entitled to free support from the developer for the app. which also cost you nothing.

"This is not good business practice"

If you'd paid anything for the app you downloaded for free, used for free, and now expect support for, for free, you can start talking about good business practice.

But you keep using terms like "Customer" for rhetorical effect. You aren't a customer, because you didn't pay anything. You are, at best, a freeloader.

You keep referring to a "strawman argument". This just demonstrates you don't understand what a strawman argument is.

You downloaded a free app; you used a free app; you now believe you are entitled to free support for that app.

Which of these facts do you contest? Are you offering to pay the developer to fix the bug in the free app that you've been using? If so, how much? Offering a bounty is a common way of showing your support. Perhaps you can organise the "hundreds who have pleaded" - evidence? - to chip in a couple of dollars each.

"PS: ive paid for TONS of native cascade apps on bbw"

Maybe. Which ones. Be specific.

"Keep the name calling to a minimum, you're better than that pal"

I think the term "parasite" is accurate. But it does oversimplify. In the meantime, I'm happy to accept that you are merely acting like a parasite in this case.
    Anyways all this is verbal vomit to me.

At the end of the day this developer pulled his app, and is not acknowledging or being respectful by communicating with people who have asked what happened. You think that is appropriate behavior by a dev., I don't think its professional at all.

End of story.

Posted via CB10
    10-09-14 09:11 AM
    It's still in BBW, just not readily available or searchable. I was able to follow a link on my Z10 browser and it brought me to the BBW:

Typic+- BlackBerry World
    coloibarra likes this.
    10-23-14 02:02 PM
    It's still in BBW, just not readily available or searchable. I was able to follow a link on my Z10 browser and it brought me to the BBW:

Typic+- BlackBerry World

Thanks! Works for me!
    glennster28 likes this.
    10-24-14 10:30 PM
36 12