Hi there.

With my new 4g connection I figured it might be worth while to give a remote desktop client a go. Unfortunately I have windows 7 home premium and NOT pro so I can't use "Remote Desktop for Blackberry" That basically left bVNC.

So I went to his website, downloaded tiger-VNC, and followed his setup instructions, (extraneous: Setting up TigerVNC for secure connections to Windows with bVNC). Unfortunately it doesn't seem to work. I keep getting the error message

Trouble configuring bVNC, looking for help.-img_00000034.png

These are the settings that can be configured in the app on the smart phone. The blacked out parts are my IP address.

Trouble configuring bVNC, looking for help.-img_00000035.png

and the relevant settings, I assume they are relevant because they are in the instructions, are in the picture on the website I linked above.

Everything was followed to the letter. The only difference is that I had to change the ports in Norton 360. I'm pretty sure I did it right. I also "allowed" the tigervnc program in addition to opening the ports.

Additionally the ports were opened only to the IP address of my blackberry, but I'm still getting the same error message as when I tried it before that, so I don't think that is the cause.

Some other information, in case it's necessary:

Running Windows 7 Home Premium
    Running Norton 360 as firewall
    Using a Lenovo Ideapad Laptop
    Using a Blackberry Q10 with the latest official OS.

I'm sure there is other information that is needed, so let me know.

Hope you guys can help!

Cheers

- J
    10-09-13 04:10 PM
    When you installed this app, did you grant it all the permissions it asked for? Last time I came across this it was related to the app not being given connection permissions.
    10-09-13 10:23 PM
    I don't remember. I'll give it a reinstall and see if it works.

Posted via CB10
    10-09-13 11:26 PM
    When I reinstalled the app it didn't give me any options to set permissions, it just told me which ones it needed to run. So I guess it's not a permission issue.

Posted via CB10
    10-10-13 02:24 PM
    One bump for luck

Posted via CB10
    10-11-13 01:09 PM
    Not sure if it's any help but there is a patch which enables remote access on Windows 7 home premium with the "Remote Desktop for BB" app. I recently installed it and have had no issues. Found this link through a related post here on CB.

Enable Remote Desktop Connection on Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 | Jordan Hopfner
    10-29-13 11:10 PM