Translator For BB10 - App Review & Tutorials For Hidden Functions (I)-icon240.png
    'Translator' is an 5 stars app at BlackBerry World with 900+ good comments! Created by Qt and really native, it is the winner of "Putting Customers First" on BlackBerry Achievement Awards 2013!

I guess that many of us have known the main function and features of this app, but about the 'Hidden Functions', how many did you know, here are some useful tutorials, let's see how to dig:

1. Speech Input: (Just speak to the phone, Translator will recognize the speech and translate automatically)
    Translator For BB10 - App Review & Tutorials For Hidden Functions (I)-1x.jpg
    • Click the microphone icon, press and hold the button to speak, then release;
    • Please note: If you speak in Chinese, please set the resource language as "Chinese" at first, or the results maybe very bad;
    • The app need network support, if the network is not very well, the recognition may works slow, so please be patient or just do it once again;
    • Select a silent environment, which can make the recognition more accurate;

2. Use Translator when you are browsing webpage, read documents, post on facebook...
    Translator For BB10 - App Review & Tutorials For Hidden Functions (I)-2x.jpg
    • BlackBerry 10 has a very power feature, we can call it 'Share Hub',
    • When you are browsing webpage, select the sentence you want to translate (make sure there is no web link for the selected sentence), in the popup menu, select the 'share' icon, and you can find Translator is there, just click translator, and then you can translate the sentence conveniently;
    • The core of this operation is getting the 'selected sentence', and using the 'Share Hub' feature of BB10 to export the sentence to third-party applications.

Translator For BB10 - App Review & Tutorials For Hidden Functions (I)-3x.jpg

3. OCR Scan
    Translator For BB10 - App Review & Tutorials For Hidden Functions (I)-4x.jpg
    • Actually, OCR is very popular on iOS now, and on BlackBerry 10, which also can be used very well;
    • The tips is make the capture as clear as you can, hold steady and then shoot, fuzzy capture is hard to be recognized;
    • Include a whole word/sentence in one scanning, if you take only a half of a word, the word will be recognized as garbled code;
    • You can select the image you prepared on a scanner and then use OCR, which can help you recognize large amount of words;
    • Tips: from the developer we know "With growing number of users, our server burden has been increasing. In order to provide better and more stable wallpaper service, we have to make this service as in-app-purchase, this is a very tough decision, but just the price of a bottle of soda", Since this function need IAP at first, but I think we can support such a great app! And PLZ note: every OCR scan will consume the counts, so be careful to use this sweet function.

So, here is the part I of the tutorials! Next time, I will share you the part II of tutorials include OCR Scan, Set Ringtone, Traveler Mode and Driver Mode, see how powerful the app is!

'Translator' is FREE available at BlackBerry World, download and do not forget to leave a review for the great app:
    BlackBerry World - Translator - OCR + Speech + Driver Mode

And at last, share MMMOOO's spread video of 'Tranalator', check it out here:
    翻译家 for BlackBerry 10-在线视频-视频空间-搜狐视频
    07-23-13 03:26 AM
    Thread moved out of Announcements sub-forum into main BB10 Apps Forum.
    07-23-13 04:01 AM
    Thanks so much, next time will know how to choose a appropriate category~
    07-23-13 04:57 AM
    Thanks so much, next time will know how to choose a appropriate category~
    07-23-13 05:06 AM
    And dear elite1, can this post be featured by you?
    07-23-13 05:07 AM