Brilliant native app.
    Brilliant for business.

Just how blackberry should be used for.

Posted via CB10
    10-14-13 02:11 PM
    Like it so far. Not as good as ExpenseTracker for iOS though.
    10-14-13 02:35 PM
    Thanks for the tip. It looks well done at first glance.
    Here's the link for the app in BB World:

Check out TrakUrMiles in BlackBerry World! You can find it at BlackBerry World - TrakUrMiles

Dev: Benjamin Konyi
    Price: FREE
    10-14-13 02:44 PM
    And a screenshot of BB World entry too for good measure:

TrakUrMiles-img_00000866.png

This is how you CB10, son!
    10-14-13 02:56 PM
    It looks good! And you can't beat the price.
    It has all of the basics needed and it appears that the Dev will be working on a few nice upgrades.

The only thing that stands out to me is that the app name is TrakUrMiles, but the app icon shows km?
    It seems like such a small thing to point out, but it seems to be a glaring oversight that can't be missed.
    10-14-13 05:23 PM
    Hi there!

I'm the developer for TrakUrMiles, and I'm glad you're enjoying it! If there are any improvements that you would like to see, or issues you would like to have resolved, please feel free to let me know! Many of these new features are coming at the request of users, and I really appreciate any feedback.

Thanks!
    Ben Konyi
    Software Developer
    TrakUrMiles, Traku
    arnavmadhav likes this.
    11-04-13 06:33 AM
    Hi ben
    Great app.
    One suggestion.
    Have a field where you could enter the km's or miles driven and the Ending Odometer Reading could be calculated. In othdrwords, you have a choice to enter the Ending Odometer Reading or the Km's driven. I have no problem paying for significant but optional updates.
    11-13-13 08:35 PM
    I've definitely thought about providing the option to enter the KM's driven instead of an ending odometer value, so it should be coming in a future update!
    11-19-13 09:40 AM
    Hi Ben,

Glad to see a native app in this field!

Would it be possible to have an NFC tag programmed to toggle recording on/off? My use case would be to only track business trips: you can currently track all trips in the car by sensing Bluetooth connection but the NFC option would allow you to select which trips to track more easily (eg: tap to start or stop trip).

Also, a much longer term (and likely additionally paid) feature would be to include support for Bluetooth/WiFi OBD port adapters to automatically collect parameters related to the trip (at least odometer reading if possible and ideally gas usage). I imagine this would be a bit more difficult but would make for an excellent app!
    07-01-14 06:59 AM
    Use it daily - great app.

Would like it to save "reasons for " in a dialogue box so that the reason could be reselected instead of needing to be retyped each time.
    07-01-14 10:01 AM
    Any plan for expense (maintenance/fuel) tracking? Would be great if it could automatically generate expense reports broken down by trip reason.

Posted via CB10 from my Passport
    11-10-14 10:19 AM
    Hello. I can't seem to find the option to change to KM's within the app. Can someone point me in the right direction?

Posted via CB10
    04-10-15 04:28 PM
    Hello. I can't seem to find the option to change to KM's within the app. Can someone point me in the right direction?

Posted via CB10
    Swipe down from the top to access settings. It's the first option

Posted via CB10
    04-11-15 10:26 PM
    Nice

Posted via CB10
    04-12-15 12:39 AM
    Thanks so much!

Posted via CB10
    04-16-15 04:34 PM
    Any plan for expense (maintenance/fuel) tracking? Would be great if it could automatically generate expense reports broken down by trip reason.

Sorry about the delay! I don't check CrackBerry very often and I don't seem to get notifications sent to me...

I do plan on adding expense tracking in a future update. Is there anything in particular you'd like to see included for expense tracking?

Also, I really like your suggestion for tracking being toggled by NFC! I don't think it would be very difficult to implement, so I'll be sure to keep that in mind for a future update!
    04-25-15 05:02 PM
    Sorry about the delay! I don't check CrackBerry very often and I don't seem to get notifications sent to me...

I do plan on adding expense tracking in a future update. Is there anything in particular you'd like to see included for expense tracking?

Also, I really like your suggestion for tracking being toggled by NFC! I don't think it would be very difficult to implement, so I'll be sure to keep that in mind for a future update!
    No problem!

For expense tracking it would be nice to track gas usage (cost, volume and odometer). You could then add analytics to show how much of each tank went to each reason (eg: $40 fill up at 18429km, last fill up at 18229, tank went 200 km, 50km or $10 for personal and 150km or $30 for work). It could then also track fuel economy.

If that doesn't make sense I can clarify a bit more (the way I worded it it assumes the tank is filled each time and therefore how much was filled is how much was used since the last fillup: if you can think of another way that would breakdown usage that'd be good as well!).

Other expenses like oil changes would be nice as well (including odometer reading).

04-26-15 08:27 AM
    That makes sense! I'll be sure to keep all your feedback in mind when I move forward and implement this feature!
    williaml likes this.
    04-30-15 07:10 PM
    Great app.
    But the last update is not installed.
    I deleted the application.
    But now I can not install it again.

It is possible as that to fix?
    08-29-15 08:18 AM
    "Brilliant native app. " Really?
    Maybe it is an emerald or gold or platinum?
    08-29-15 10:09 AM
    Great app.
    But the last update is not installed.
    I deleted the application.
    But now I can not install it again.

It is possible as that to fix?
    Hi there!

There are some known issues with the last TrakUrMiles update that I'm currently looking into. I'm traveling today, so I won't have too much time to troubleshoot the issues until tomorrow. In the meantime, have you tried restarting your phone and then reinstalling the application?
    08-29-15 10:12 AM
    Thank you! I appreciate the kind words!
    08-29-15 10:13 AM
    Hello,

sorry my english isn't well, but the GPS function does not work properly.
    the precise location is not found, only the country.

I use a Blackberry Passport, other apps do work well with the GPS, there is a solution to this problem?

thanks in advance,
    Gerard
    02-02-16 01:25 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD