So how does this work? I tried it today it didn't work for me. I am assuming because the input was incorrect on the Tim Hortons end. Would paying via NFC (Tim card) be considered debit credit or gift card?

Posted via CB10
    12-09-13 09:09 PM
    Didn't work for me in the drive though. The guy in the window didn't have a clue why I was holding up my phone. I asked him to hand me the card reader but no matter how i held the phone to it, it didn't work. Anyone else?

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy likes this.
    12-09-13 09:30 PM
    So how does this work? I tried it today it didn't work for me. I am assuming because the input was incorrect on the Tim Hortons end. Would paying via NFC (Tim card) be considered debit credit or gift card?

Posted via CB10
    You have to buy a Timmy card at Tim Horton and then enter the card into the app. You only need to do this once since the card can be automatically (or manually) topped up from the app. Each time you pay with your phone (open the virtual card from the app and tap the phone on their reader), Tim Horton recognises the phone as of you tapped with your card.

Simple. I guess the next step is to be able to buy a virtual timmy card so we don't need to go in store for that...

Posted via CB10
    12-09-13 09:41 PM
    For me, I don't really see the benefit of NFC payment with the phone at Timmy's. I mean it is great the Tim Horton's updated and created a Blackberry 10 application but for me, whenever I go to Tim Horton's, I just pass/wave/tap my Visa or Mastercard over the card reader and my purchase is automatically charged to my credit card and it is probably just as fast if not faster than using the Blackberry 10 Tim Horton's application and the NFC payment option.
    12-09-13 10:04 PM
    For me, I don't really see the benefit of NFC payment with the phone at Timmy's. I mean it is great the Tim Horton's updated and created a Blackberry 10 application but for me, whenever I go to Tim Horton's, I just pass/wave/tap my Visa or Mastercard over the card reader and my purchase is automatically charged to my credit card and it is probably just as fast if not faster than using the Blackberry 10 Tim Horton's application and the NFC payment option.
    I agree! I use my Visa Debit for small pmts... having the capability to pay via NFC is nice and all, but is it really necessary?

Posted via CB10 on my Z10
    12-09-13 10:12 PM
    I'm gonna switch back to timmies for a bit . Starbucks app is dead tech with this scanning bar code business. All bout NFC

Posted via CB10
    bluetroll likes this.
    12-09-13 10:16 PM
    Some day we won't have cash or cards anymore. All payments will be done with our devices or possibly something else we can't even imagine yet. IMO of course

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy likes this.
    12-09-13 10:18 PM
    You have to buy a Timmy card at Tim Horton and then enter the card into the app. You only need to do this once since the card can be automatically (or manually) topped up from the app. Each time you pay with your phone (open the virtual card from the app and tap the phone on their reader), Tim Horton recognises the phone as of you tapped with your card.

Simple. I guess the next step is to be able to buy a virtual timmy card so we don't need to go in store for that...

Posted via CB10
    I understand that. I have all that done, but what's the call on timmies end? Do you tell them your using a time card and scan your phone? Cause I tried today it didn't work maybe she thought I was going to use credit card and maybe inputted Credit card on there end

Posted via CB10
    12-09-13 11:49 PM
    There is no real benefit for the moment beside that it's cool. But once you can get your credit card on there (rogers/cibc already has it), then there is a huge benefit. Not more putting your card in an unknown terminal and you just type the pin on your phone.

Posted via CB10
    12-10-13 07:44 AM
    I understand that. I have all that done, but what's the call on timmies end? Do you tell them your using a time card and scan your phone? Cause I tried today it didn't work maybe she thought I was going to use credit card and maybe inputted Credit card on there end

Posted via CB10
    Tell them you will pay with your timmy card! If they put credit card, it's not gonna work

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy and bluetroll like this.
    12-10-13 07:45 AM
    more options for people. Never a bad thing.
    bbmtna and bungaboy like this.
    12-10-13 08:24 AM
    It's too bad Tim coffee taste like horse pizz.
    Posted via CB10
    How do you know to compare?

Posted via CB10
    blakobecwa, Smitty13 and bungaboy like this.
    12-10-13 09:33 AM
    Didn't work for me in the drive though. The guy in the window didn't have a clue why I was holding up my phone. I asked him to hand me the card reader but no matter how i held the phone to it, it didn't work. Anyone else?

Posted via CB10
    LOL exactly what just happened to me instore, they had no idea what to do, next time i'll tell them that its a Timmy's Card payment and tell them to forward it to the Machine. They should all already know this though.
    12-10-13 09:43 AM
    Called Tim Hortons head office. They did some research and called me back. I was told that this is still considered "pilot" and is only available in certain restaurants in the Niagara Falls area. That's why my local restaurant was unaware. Wtf???

Has anyone been able to get this working at any Timmy's outlets outside of this region?

Posted via CB10
    bbmtna and bungaboy like this.
    12-10-13 12:50 PM
    It's too bad Tim coffee taste like horse pizz.
    Posted via CB10
    I thought that was Starbutts.

Posted via CB10
    12-10-13 12:58 PM
    I am not a fan of Timmies but I am going to try this out! What is the limit on NFC payments? For work the bill is often $60. Would I still be able to pay with NFC or is it for smaller transactions?
    I doubt that $60 will be allowed.

I know that $25 is a max for Mastercard paypass.

Posted via CB10
    Selecting OTHER allows you to add up to $100. It may also just allow you to amend a current balance up to a maximum of $100. I haven't tried it.
    Tim Hortons TimmyMe app updated! IT IS SWEET!-timmyme-reload.jpg
    bungaboy likes this.
    12-10-13 01:15 PM
    It's working fine!

lady at the tim was surprise when I did told her that i'll pay with NFC and never saw that working But it worked
    12-10-13 02:02 PM
    Exactly plus I love Tim Hortons coffee and hate Starbucks (all marketing image)

On a side note is there any other apps that allow you to pay with NFC.. any Canadian banking apps that allow you to use NFC to pay?

Posted via CB10
    Just to answer your other question, yes CIBC has a mobile payment app for Visa NFC payment but you need to be a Rogers customer.

Posted via CB10. Join C001A8DC6 for bento-inspired lunch ideas
    12-10-13 02:19 PM
    Just to answer your other question, yes CIBC has a mobile payment app for Visa NFC payment but you need to be a Rogers customer.

Posted via CB10. Join C001A8DC6 for bento-inspired lunch ideas
    They actually debuted this feature with Tim Hortons a while back

Posted via CB10
    12-10-13 03:05 PM
    It's working fine!

lady at the tim was surprise when I did told her that i'll pay with NFC and never saw that working But it worked
    You told her you're paying with NFC and she understood what you said?

Hmm I wanna try this one out, didn't work the first time

Posted via CB10
    12-10-13 03:16 PM
    Just tell them tap to pay with your Tim card

Posted via CB10
    12-10-13 03:25 PM
    Used it today (twice). Works like a charm.

Posted via CB10 on Z30STA100-5/10.2.1.1055
    12-10-13 04:23 PM
    i tried with my Z30 and it didnt' work me. the terminal said card error.
    12-10-13 04:48 PM
    Called Tim Hortons head office. They did some research and called me back. I was told that this is still considered "pilot" and is only available in certain restaurants in the Niagara Falls area. That's why my local restaurant was unaware. Wtf???

Has anyone been able to get this working at any Timmy's outlets outside of this region?

Posted via CB10
    I'd like to piggy back off what this guy posted.

To all of you who have had this work, where are you located.
    I'd love to try this, but I don't want to drive through three hours to buy a coffee.

Thanks

Posted via CB10
    12-10-13 05:08 PM
    I'm going to try this tomorrow. I'll get back to you guys!
    12-10-13 05:09 PM
234 1234 ...