You'll never see me use Tim Horton's tap and go on my BlackBerry.

I got a Tim Horton's gift card for Christmas, and thought I would load it onto the their app and give it a try. To my horror, I discover that handing over your full name, mailing address, phone number and email address is mandatory to use the service.

That's as much info on me as my bank has. I can see it being necessary if you're going to use your credit card through the Tim Horton's website to top up. But if you're going to only use gift cards, then all they need is a user name and password.

I wrote them a nasty email, and I will not be using their app. Tim Horton's has become the Microsoft of coffee shops.
    01-12-14 03:05 PM
    Kitchener waterloo works most locations, just make sure u tell staff it's a Tims Card

Posted via CB10
    01-12-14 03:07 PM
    Lol paranoid?

Q10 with 10.2.1.1925 Leak Installed
    01-12-14 03:08 PM
    Yes the new plastic covers on the drive threw do make it hard to get the phone close enough, had to try twice at my local timmies in Lancaster park, ab.
    01-12-14 07:51 PM
    Kitchener waterloo works most locations, just make sure u tell staff it's a Tims Card

Posted via CB10
    I have found the same all over KW.
    I tried at the New Hamburg store on Saturday and it wouldn't work. The staff on that shift hadn't seen it yet either. They still thought it was pretty cool.

Posted via CB10
    01-12-14 07:54 PM
    Mine worked great for a couple of weeks and then suddenly stopped working. It scans fine then cancels my transaction. It did that like 5 times in a row. Message on screen tells me to contact my local Tim Hortons rep or something like that. Long story short I stopped using it since I'm the only one around here that does and I look like an ***** every time it doesn't work. What changed? Why all of a sudden stop working?

Posted via CB10
    01-12-14 10:52 PM
    Mine worked today. Merged amount from the card that didn't work to a new card and bingo! No change to os or app or login information.

Z10, 10.2.1.1925
    01-28-14 07:46 PM
    Lots here in Edmonton. One in Pearson worked for me, as well as Tims on mapleview in Barrie

Posted via CB10
    03-22-14 01:09 AM
    My Time Hortons app magically disassociated my visa debit card from my account, and now I cannot even re add it.

In regards to stores, I notice alk the Tim Hortons mostly work for NFC, except the gas station stores.

Posted via CB10
    03-22-14 01:29 AM
    My Time Hortons app magically disassociated my visa debit card from my account, and now I cannot even re add it.

In regards to stores, I notice alk the Tim Hortons mostly work for NFC, except the gas station stores.

Posted via CB10
    I've used NFC at a gas station store, drive thru. No issues.

Posted via CB10
    03-22-14 05:14 PM
    You'll never see me use Tim Horton's tap and go on my BlackBerry.

I got a Tim Horton's gift card for Christmas, and thought I would load it onto the their app and give it a try. To my horror, I discover that handing over your full name, mailing address, phone number and email address is mandatory to use the service.

That's as much info on me as my bank has. I can see it being necessary if you're going to use your credit card through the Tim Horton's website to top up. But if you're going to only use gift cards, then all they need is a user name and password.

I wrote them a nasty email, and I will not be using their app. Tim Horton's has become the Microsoft of coffee shops.
    Why don't you just use false information?

Posted via CB10
    03-22-14 05:19 PM
    Works in Belleville and Madoc. Workers both said I was first person but were aware of the app and how to make it work. Both said it was coming to Android soon. One girl went around telling all the other staff how neat it was and I was using BlackBerry App. Didn't work at location in Kingston but had the weekend crew. Said they were not set up yet for Tim card pin?

Went back to the Kingston store a few weeks later.....Told them I was paying by Tim Card, and it worked.....while I was tapping my phone the staff member, noticed my phone rather than a card and said, "don't you want to scan it?"....and "Oh I didn't know they had it set up"....Same weekend crew member.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by hvacdon; 04-07-14 at 11:41 AM. Reason: update
    03-22-14 05:40 PM
    Finally got it to work at the Tim's in the Dundurn Plaza in Hamilton. Blew the staff and a bunch of people in line away. Super cool, and about to get used unmercifully.

I like BB10...and that's all that matters to me.
    03-22-14 07:32 PM
38 12