As some others have said a Foursquare loop of places isn't that useful to be honest. If that block could be replaced with maybe a second News Feed (along with the Stocks block) that would make the app more helpful for me (and probably a lot others)

Though I do see how you can rearrange the blocks in terms of priority, it is by far perfect. Something similar to the way we rearrange songs on a playlist, in the Music Player, would be a lot more practical!

Attachment 329811

It would be cool if we could just use the 7 block for different news feeds, or maybe three blocks for messages, and four for news feeds; maybe four blocks for the calendar, and the remaining three for messages, news feeds, battery. Customizability, is indeed missing in that front.

The weather block displays the current weather, right? Though it is useful, it isn't as much as it could be, I mean, how many times a day you want to check the exact temperature? You can generally sense it by yourself. What would be more useful, is a forecast for the next few hours, and maybe, if snow or rain is expected, changing the priority of the weather block automatically to high.

reddit feeds from the frontpage would also be cool, but I guess that could be somehow done with RSS Feeds.

A bit of tutorials for the general user on how custom feeds work would be nice, also explaining how powerful RSS feeds are (you could have feeds from your favorite news site, blog, tumblr, or even an specific twitter account, if I'm not mistaken)

Is a mirror mode going to be added?

Overall, the app looks gorgeous and I hope we can find ways to actually make it useful!

Posted via CB10
    Huge suggestion, thank you for it.
    Can't guarantee the implementation but we will definitely look into it!
    01-26-15 01:52 PM
    Sorry but I consider that a very good battery impact. Your expectations seem to be a bit too high.
    Agree to disagree.
    Any feedback is useful, positive or negative. Isn't it.
    01-26-15 02:30 PM
    Thank you puneet I've got rid of stocks.

Posted via CB10
    01-26-15 02:47 PM
    Agree to disagree.
    Any feedback is useful, positive or negative. Isn't it.
    No, you are WAY off. Unless you meant 10%.

With other without the app, 1% in 90 minutes is fantastic.

Your expectations are off by a decimal point.

Posted via CB10
    01-26-15 03:18 PM
    Squircle guy, look at what we have here when you open a news feed...

Tilt finally updated by ReFocus Tech! HUGE CHANGELOGS!-img_20150126_173921.png

Yes.. the Squircle is back. At least inside Tilt.

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.0.1418 on AT&T
    01-26-15 03:42 PM
    Issues on Passport 10.3.1.1154:

1. Fahrenheit displays out to 15 decimals unnecessarily
    2. Not picking up calendar events
    3. Custom RSS worked once then not again

Tried restart and redownload to no avail

Posted via CB10
    You're running the old Tilt, make sure you open the one with a '2' on its icon. Remove the old one to make sure you're not opening the old one by mistake.

Posted via CB10
    01-26-15 05:57 PM
    Unfortunately impact on battery life is too big.
    I left it on for 1.5 hour, played with settings and then occasionally looked in.
    1.5 hour = 1% according to device monitor.
    Are you serious ? That sounds great...
    01-26-15 06:01 PM
    If this app can be implemented as a screensaver then it would make a big sense. And would just be so awesome as compared to other platforms.

Posted via CB10
    Agreed.

Great work guys

Posted via CB10
    01-26-15 06:18 PM
    Hey, how do we get Indian Stocks?
    Lots of blackberry apps are getting indian stocks as live update (just like any other american or canadian stocks).
    They connect thru google finance or it seems like that in their description.

You can check the Stocks app or Stock Daddy Turbo app...

Can we pls get indian stocks?

Prem Watsa & Refocus Tech - Indians making BlackBerry Awesome!!!
    01-27-15 06:16 AM
    Hey, how do we get Indian Stocks?
    Lots of blackberry apps are getting indian stocks as live update (just like any other american or canadian stocks).
    They connect thru google finance or it seems like that in their description.

You can check the Stocks app or Stock Daddy Turbo app...

Can we pls get indian stocks?

We'll look into it, but it'd have to be implemented for every country and that would be as good as making another stock app itself.
    01-27-15 01:32 PM
    Does Tilt replace the lock screen? Or does it run as an open active frame? Tried a quick search linking for a recent vid that reflects the latest update and shows Tilt in action but most of them are almost a year old, thanks!

Posted via CB10 via the Internets
    01-27-15 02:01 PM
    We'll look into it, but it'd have to be implemented for every country and that would be as good as making another stock app itself.
    Well atleast you can implement it for Indian stocks if not for every other country? Or this could be added as an option to buy and you can rake in moolah there. Win-win-win

01-28-15 12:25 AM
    No, you are WAY off. Unless you meant 10%.

With other without the app, 1% in 90 minutes is fantastic.

Your expectations are off by a decimal point.

Posted via CB10
    I'm afraid you didn't understand my last post. Let me repeat my humble suggestion: any feedback is useful...
    01-30-15 12:29 PM
    Another update today. I wonder what does it bring.
    01-31-15 06:11 AM
    Yesterday I tested this app really "hard" on my Q10.
    About 9 hours non stop which should be probably maximum what you can expect in real life at very long meeting (conference, seminars, etc.)
    Tilt settings:
    - visible blocks 5
    - stocks off
    - highlight updating enabled
    - LED disabled
    - theme stock (grey).
    I played with settings a bit (about 5 min) and peeked at display 1-3 times per hour. No calls or other activities. Blend was on (but PC was switched off half of that period). Email sync: 3 accounts - manual, 1 account - 5 min. WiFi on.
    According to Device Monitor, during that period:
    total battery discharge - over 70%
    Tilt app battery usage - 3.4%
    Tilt app CPU usage - 10%
    Display battery usage - 63%.

Hope this data is helpful.
    02-01-15 11:28 AM
    Yesterday I tested this app really "hard" on my Q10.
    About 9 hours non stop which should be probably maximum what you can expect in real life at very long meeting (conference, seminars, etc.)
    Tilt settings:
    - visible blocks 5
    - stocks off
    - highlight updating enabled
    - LED disabled
    - theme stock (grey).
    I played with settings a bit (about 5 min) and peeked at display 1-3 times per hour. No calls or other activities. Blend was on (but PC was switched off half of that period). Email sync: 3 accounts - manual, 1 account - 5 min. WiFi on.
    According to Device Monitor, during that period:
    total battery discharge - over 70%
    Tilt app battery usage - 3.4%
    Tilt app CPU usage - 10%
    Display battery usage - 63%.

Hope this data is helpful.
    Well, I guess it's helpful to tell people that Tilt has little effect on your battery consumption and CPU usage. Thanks for the test!
    02-01-15 12:14 PM
    Well, I guess it's helpful to tell people that Tilt has little effect on your battery consumption and CPU usage. Thanks for the test!
    Probably, it's a bit more complicated... Please take a look at Display battery usage of 63%.
    02-03-15 03:36 PM
    So then you stop unlocking/turning on your device. Lol

Posted via CB10
    02-03-15 04:31 PM
    So then you stop unlocking/turning on your device. Lol

Posted via CB10
    I explained how the device was used.
    02-04-15 01:37 PM
    I explained how the device was used.
    Yep. And I explained how the device display usage shows the percentage you reported. And what can be done so it would no longer show that high if you're concerned about it.

Posted via CB10
    02-04-15 03:20 PM
    Yep. And I explained how the device display usage shows the percentage you reported. And what can be done so it would no longer show that high if you're concerned about it.

Posted via CB10
    I think what dmlis is getting at (apologies if I'm wrong) is that the screen doesn't fully turn off or go to sleep when Tilt is flat. Sure it's black but on my Passport it's still actually backlit meaning the display is still on and draining battery.

I've experienced similar battery drain from the display when using Tilt in a meeting.

Posted via CB10
    02-04-15 03:49 PM
    I think what dmlis is getting at (apologies if I'm wrong) is that the screen doesn't fully turn off or go to sleep when Tilt is flat. Sure it's black but on my Passport it's still actually backlit meaning the display is still on and draining battery.

I've experienced similar battery drain from the display when using Tilt in a meeting.

Posted via CB10
    That seems like an alternate interpretation. However, he clearly stated that he was testing it "hard". By definition, if you're testing it, the devices is being utilized. Which also means that the screen is on for extended periods of time, correct? Or do you disagree with that?

He even emphasized his extensive usage. So I'm not sure how the device was left sitting on a table with a blank screen. The display usage only records when the display is on... 2+2=?

Maybe I'm missing a lot here. But the complaint was for display usage.

Posted via CB10
    02-04-15 04:19 PM
    That seems like an alternate interpretation. However, he clearly stated that he was testing it "hard". By definition, if you're testing it, the devices is being utilized. Which also means that the screen is on for extended periods of time, correct? Or do you disagree with that?

He even emphasized his extensive usage. So I'm not sure how the device was left sitting on a table with a blank screen. The display usage only records when the display is on... 2+2=?

Maybe I'm missing a lot here. But the complaint was for display usage.

Posted via CB10
    That would be correct for say, a game or a news reading app where you'd be interacting with the device a lot. But the very nature of Tilt means that it's an app that would go untouched for long periods of time and peeked at when you want to check some information.

I think s/he mentioned he was in a long meeting? If so that is definitely a situation where the device would sit on a table with a blank screen. I myself have used Tilt in this way as it's handy to check on messages etc without picking the phone up and tapping away in a meeting.

If by extensive usage s/he meant playing with settings and themes or adding rss feeds than yeah, the display usage would be high and easily explained. But I read it the other way. Just my thoughts, no right or wrong (until dmlis weighs in!).

Cheers!

Posted via CB10
    02-04-15 04:29 PM
    The app cannot be tested "hard" if it is not being picked up to see the results of whatever testing is being done, correct?...

When I see it being tested "hard" the only logical conclusion is that the device is being looked at.

Posted via CB10
    02-04-15 04:33 PM
    So, if the display usage numbers are too high, what would the remedy be, aside from not using/waking up the device as much?

I can guarantee that if the device is left alone, those numbers would go down. Don't you agree?

Posted via CB10
    02-04-15 04:34 PM
84 1234