I tried mptagthat and it was so hard to use, but finally got the job done... It only seems to add lyrics to my more popular english titles though, so only about half of my mp3s were modified. Anyway, better than nothing.

Love the look of the lyrics over the album art! Awesome, thanks again!
    Bumble2000 likes this.
    06-20-13 06:54 PM
    To the Devs,

Hi. I actually thought of building an app such as this a year ago. I never followed through though. You guys have a very interesting music app here. There's definitely some enhancements that you could do to take this to a whole new level. Even to the point of BlackBerry picking you up to license. I'm not speaking for them, but I see beyond what you currently have and how it can boost BlackBerry and enhance it's OS.

Please PM and let's exchange emails. I would love to share my thoughts with you directly.

If you rather not, no big deal. Anyway, keep up the good work.

Are you a foodie? Do you like to cook? Talk food recipes and kitchen gadgets on CBFN:C0004E653 - The official channel for ChefBigFella.com
    @walt63: Thank you very much for reaching out to us and sharing your great ideas with us. And thank you for allowing us to share one particularly cool idea in this forum so that we can get more feedback. Here's the compelling use case:

"Lets say that I�m at the fitness club. I start playing music. The GPS will activate to track location. After gathering location, GPS deactivates and the behavior tracking begins. The user works out for an hour and then turns off the music player. The listening completes and will now be associated with the location upon closing. Next time the user goes to the fitness club and starts to play music, the GPS will activate upon opening the player and search for the location. When the device recognizes that you�re at a location associated with listening behavior, the device will play only songs tracked by listening and according to the location. The best part is that the player will always be tracking so, the playlist for the location will only continue to get better."

What do people think of this idea? If we build it, would it be compelling value for you? Would there be scenarios that you would like to see addressed that will enhance your music listening experience?

Bumblebee Computing.
    06-20-13 10:08 PM
    Sure, sounds like it could be useful. It's kinda so different, like this app, that I have to try it to know if it actually improves my experience.

Anyway, still loving the app and it continues getting better everyday! Thanks!
    Bumble2000 likes this.
    06-21-13 04:02 PM
    Here's an example why the full stretch doesn't always make sense, compared to the stock media player:
    @papped, jjs6w: we've been thinking how we could satisfy both preferences while keeping the simplicity of the app. We think we might have a solution. What if we added a "press and hold" gesture to the album art to toggle the size. So if you want a large representation or smaller one, you can just toggle your preference.
    06-21-13 10:18 PM
    @papped, jjs6w: we've been thinking how we could satisfy both preferences while keeping the simplicity of the app. We think we might have a solution. What if we added a "press and hold" gesture to the album art to toggle the size. So if you want a large representation or smaller one, you can just toggle your preference.
    Sure, that works. I'll never use it though.
    06-22-13 12:47 PM
    With the lyrics on, I find that the timeout going to standby is too short and I'm working to keep the screen alive so I can read lyrics. I notice that the trial version actually never goes into standby mode, so it is surprisingly finding more use now. Probably not what you intended.

Is there a way to set the standby timer or maybe temporarily disable standby like in the trial version?
    06-24-13 08:03 AM
    With the lyrics on, I find that the timeout going to standby is too short and I'm working to keep the screen alive so I can read lyrics. I notice that the trial version actually never goes into standby mode, so it is surprisingly finding more use now. Probably not what you intended.

Is there a way to set the standby timer or maybe temporarily disable standby like in the trial version?
    @jjs6w: Many thanks for your suggestion, we'll carefully consider it for a future update.
    06-29-13 02:32 PM
    One question - why would there be music I don't want to listen to on my phone???
    06-29-13 02:55 PM
    Tried the player...album art is over-zoomed (I'm astonished that anyone wants NOT to see half the artwork), and the pause button on the phone no longer pauses playback (it actually triggered the other player I had open, leaving two tunes at once), so I've deleted this and returned to Neutron.
    06-29-13 03:08 PM
    Tried the player...album art is over-zoomed (I'm astonished that anyone wants NOT to see half the artwork), and the pause button on the phone no longer pauses playback (it actually triggered the other player I had open, leaving two tunes at once), so I've deleted this and returned to Neutron.
    The pause button works fine for me... It sounds like your problem is that you have 2 music players going and only one can have control over the button clearly.

It's fine that you like neutron, but you should not going around dissing everything and everyone that does not share your opinion...
    06-29-13 05:08 PM
    It's fine that you like neutron, but you should not going around dissing everything and everyone that does not share your opinion...
    I think the zooming of the album art is a fair criticism, and I think "dissing everything" is a clear exaggeration
    06-30-13 01:54 PM
    I think the zooming of the album art is a fair criticism, and I think "dissing everything" is a clear exaggeration
    If you dont like zoomed album art, that is fine, but to suggest that I'm crazy for liking it is dissing me. Saying the app is bad, you are deleting it, another app is way better is dissing the developer. Okay, I exaggerated with 'everything'.

I think all you did was install the app and really didn't use it at all. I have actually being using for 2-3 weeks and it takes time to appreciate. As far as I can tell, it remembers all the song selections I every made on it and uses that information to generate playlists. After 2-3 weeks of this process, its song selection is astonishing... No player that I have ever used does that.

About your previous point about liking every song in your library. I have 1200+ songs in my library and I do like every song but when I'm on the subway listening to them, I skip a whole lot of them... With this player, I don't that as much. When I do skip, I feel like I'm contributing to my future enjoyment because I know this player is getting that message.

Anyway, if people like non-zoomed album art, maybe the developer so just do that instead. It doesn't much matter to me...
    06-30-13 04:31 PM
    @jjs6w, SDM7171: Thanks very much for your feedback. It looks like more people favor the fit-to-screen version of the album art. This will be updated in the next release. Attached is a screenshot with this new behaviour (in our development code base).
    Attached Thumbnails Think-4-U Shuffle Music Player -- Offical thread-img_00000206.jpg  
    SDM7171 likes this.
    06-30-13 10:04 PM
    @jjs6w, SDM7171: Thanks very much for your feedback. It looks like more people favor the fit-to-screen version of the album art. This will be updated in the next release. Attached is a screenshot with this new behaviour (in our development code base).
    Thanks for that - and for not being hypersensitive about criticism. Also, thanks for making the full features available on a trial basis.
    07-01-13 03:41 PM
    If you dont like zoomed album art, that is fine, but to suggest that I'm crazy for liking it is dissing me. Saying the app is bad, you are deleting it, another app is way better is dissing the developer. Okay, I exaggerated with 'everything'.
    You're also misrepresenting just about everything I said. Nobody called you crazy (yet), and I didn't say either that this app was bad or that any other was better.

May the worst "dissing" you ever get be for only looking at half of Sgt Pepper's sleeve....
    07-01-13 03:44 PM
    I realize more now than before is how much more of my music I listen to. I have 1200+ songs and with a playlist I maybe pick out about 20 that I know like right now. With the shuffle all, it is selecting from my entire library and I sure skip a lot because a lot of songs are not good right now. When I go to smartmix, it makes playlist that are a mix of all the songs in my library. Some songs I didn't even know I still like very much make it into the mix. It is kinda surprising that sometimes I have foreign songs selected after english songs after classical songs and it works for me! I would never have made these playlists myself, so the player does know something about my real preferences. Anyway, amazing app and my best purchase to date!! Well worth 0.99!

Can you make it for iOS as well? I got some iOS devices.
    07-05-13 08:36 AM
    You're also misrepresenting just about everything I said. Nobody called you crazy (yet), and I didn't say either that this app was bad or that any other was better.

May the worst "dissing" you ever get be for only looking at half of Sgt Pepper's sleeve....
    @SDM7171: an update is available that address the album art issue.

@jjs6w: Many thanks for your feedback, we really appreciate it. We may look into porting to other platforms :-)

Bumblebee Computing.
    07-15-13 09:30 PM
    @SDM7171: an update is available that address the album art issue.

@jjs6w: Many thanks for your feedback, we really appreciate it. We may look into porting to other platforms :-)

Bumblebee Computing.
    Hi everyone,

For those who may be interested, we've released an app that has additional functionality called Think-4-U Music Player. Here is the thread

Bumblebee Computing.
    07-23-13 12:04 AM
    Haven't read any more past this but ....boss!!! And I concur that' s a fair argument!

Posted via CB10
    07-23-13 12:19 AM
    Odd didn't include the quote

Posted via CB10
    07-23-13 12:19 AM
    I haven't read any further past this and all I got a say is boss!!! Oh and that's a fair rebuttal!

Posted via CB10
    07-23-13 12:22 AM
    I can't find the app
    And the link doesn't work it just opens BlackBerry world
    01-10-16 10:55 AM
47 12