There really needs to be some updates going on for BB Protect in general ... not really just limited to BB10 either.

Almost every time I use it to track a device, it gives me something silly like 7000meters.

There's a reason why Google Maps is the best mapping system out there ... I wish BB and Google could work together on this rather than someone like Tom Tom.

Apple iFind or what ever it's called is also like 10 times better with real time tracking of the device.
    08-04-13 01:06 PM
    There really needs to be some updates going on for BB Protect in general ... not really just limited to BB10 either.

Almost every time I use it to track a device, it gives me something silly like 7000meters.

There's a reason why Google Maps is the best mapping system out there ... I wish BB and Google could work together on this rather than someone like Tom Tom.

Apple iFind or what ever it's called is also like 10 times better with real time tracking of the device.

I just ran BB Protect from the web site and it failed to locate my device at all, and it failed to communicate with the device for "Message" option. I have little to no faith in it at this point.
    08-04-13 01:48 PM
    I just ran BB Protect from the web site and it failed to locate my device at all, and it failed to communicate with the device for "Message" option. I have little to no faith in it at this point.
    I just used it and it was almost right on, it within 6 meters. But I get what you're saying it's not always this accurate, there has been sometimes when the reading is 500 to 7000 meters off.

Posted via Pimpberry Z10 on OS 10.2.0.1047
    08-04-13 08:23 PM
    Gotta love it when it says last located 43 Yrs ago. Makes me laugh every time. It does work however after I refresh the website a couple of times.

Posted via CB10
    08-04-13 08:38 PM
    Something so simple like refreshing the location of the device is not possible (the refresh button is greyed out)... you have to get "view location" window and click on it again.

I don't think I've seen any updates to the interface since BB Protect was released.
    08-05-13 01:02 PM