I tried clicking on a pdf attachment that someone sent me, and got a blank screen with the message 'Some of the features in the document are not supported in this version of Adobe reader'. Is there a different reader app that is compatible with the latest Adobe desktop version?

Edit: this file was created in the Word Web app, and saved as pdf. I have no problems opening it on my desktop, running Linux/Firefox.

TIA
    Last edited by ALToronto; 12-06-13 at 11:57 PM.
    12-06-13 11:39 PM
    Haven't used it, but this looks decent:

Check out qPDF Viewer - PDF Reader in BlackBerry World! You can find it at qPDF Viewer - PDF Reader - BlackBerry World
    ALToronto likes this.
    12-06-13 11:57 PM
    Your post inspired me to just write to the programmer of the Playbook PDF Reader app and ask if there might be a version for bb10 in the cards. It was a pretty full-featured reader.
    12-07-13 08:55 AM
    You can try a free version of NSR Reader.
    12-09-13 02:12 PM
    Got Qpdf, and it worked perfectly. Leaving it a 5 star review. Thanks, BigBadWulf.

Posted via CB10
    BigBadWulf likes this.
    12-10-13 05:40 PM
    Got Qpdf, and it worked perfectly. Leaving it a 5 star review. Thanks, BigBadWulf.

Posted via CB10
    That's great to know!
    12-10-13 06:06 PM
    qPDF is still my go to app for PDFs. I recommend purchasing the full version. The BlackBerry native app has come a long way bit it is still missing features (form flatten) qPDF had from the start. The native version has troubles with PDFs containing macros and won't let you edit the forms which qPDF handles easily.

Unfortunately for qPDF they are showing little interest in developing a native app. It is a clunky Android app and I will bail as soon as a good native PDF app is available.

Need some POW? Follow POW on BBM channels C004634C3 and find all the big snow spots.
    02-11-14 02:59 PM
    I just tried qpdf (android version) to read chapters from my Subaru Manual - some message that disappears too quick saying it can't read it.
    02-12-14 09:49 PM
    I just tried qpdf (android version) to read chapters from my Subaru Manual - some message that disappears too quick saying it can't read it.
    I have not had that a problem with the version on BBW. Have you tried the free reader version?

Need some POW? Follow POW on BBM channels C004634C3 and find all the big snow spots.
    02-13-14 12:00 AM
    I have not had that a problem with the version on BBW. Have you tried the free reader version?

Well, I went for the free Android version to see how it worked. The BBW version is only 99cents but I wanted to get an idea if it worked. What is the "free reader version?"
    02-14-14 12:01 AM
    Well, I went for the free Android version to see how it worked. The BBW version is only 99cents but I wanted to get an idea if it worked. What is the "free reader version?"
    Too funny, nothing is free anymore. The reader only version used to be free. At least I think it used to be free. I checked BlackBerry World now and it is 0.99 while the annotation version is 4.99. I have been using qPDF since the PlayBook days, perhaps that is where I found the free version.

02-14-14 05:07 AM
    Too funny, nothing is free anymore. The reader only version used to be free. At least I think it used to be free. I checked BlackBerry World now and it is 0.99 while the annotation version is 4.99. I have been using qPDF since the PlayBook days, perhaps that is where I found the free version.

Yes, I, too, have the PB version.

As for my trouble with the Subaru Manual, I should send out a link and see it others can read it with this version or contact qpdf and see if they can.
    02-14-14 08:52 AM
    Yes, I, too, have the PB version.

As for my trouble with the Subaru Manual, I should send out a link and see it others can read it with this version or contact qpdf and see if they can.
    Have you tried a free NSR Reader Lite?

Posted via CB10
    FF22 and Akuji_ism like this.
    02-14-14 09:43 AM
    Have you tried a free NSR Reader Lite?

Posted via CB10
    Thanks for the recommendation. It opens the Subaru Manual's files (about 20-30 individual pdf files/chapters) make up the manual. Making it a pain since if I want to search for a WORD or TERM, I can't just search the entire manual but have to open each chapter). On my computer I can search a Folder for a word, so it can go through all of the separate files. But then, again, the Manual would be huge if it were one long pdf.

What does the paid version offer? (oh, and I see you are the Developer? )
    Last edited by F2; 02-14-14 at 03:45 PM.
    02-14-14 03:35 PM
    Thanks for the recommendation. It opens the Subaru Manual's files (about 20-30 individual pdf files/chapters) make up the manual. Making it a pain since if I want to search for a WORD or TERM, I can't just search the entire manual but have to open each chapter). On my computer I can search a Folder for a word, so it can go through all of the separate files. But then, again, the Manual would be huge if it were one long pdf.

What does the paid version offer? (oh, and I see you are the Developer? )
    Yeah, I'm a developer The free version is only capable to read first 30 pages of any file. Besides that it has all the features the paid version has. So if you need to read only small files (like articles) you can use a free version.
    Well, you can try to make up a full manual and I can test it in paid version, I think all would be fine, because I have an experience of opening files with 500-600 pages.
    The search functionality is not implemented yet, but it is among my first todos for next version
    kbz1960 likes this.
    02-14-14 04:05 PM
    You can try a free version of NSR Reader.
    Looks like a really nice app. Thanks for the heads up.

Posted via CB10
    02-14-14 04:49 PM
    Yeah, I'm a developer The free version is only capable to read first 30 pages of any file. Besides that it has all the features the paid version has. So if you need to read only small files (like articles) you can use a free version.
    Well, you can try to make up a full manual and I can test it in paid version, I think all would be fine, because I have an experience of opening files with 500-600 pages.
    The search functionality is not implemented yet, but it is among my first todos for next version
    Oh, I did not realize the app has NO Search/Find function. I may just wait for that (that was a fatal and still lasting fault of the Adobe pdf reader on the Playbook - no search). How can I read a large camera manual and not be able to search for "White Balance!"
    02-14-14 05:34 PM
    Looks like a really nice app. Thanks for the heads up.

Posted via CB10
    Nice to hear

Oh, I did not realize the app has NO Search/Find function. I may just wait for that (that was a fatal and still lasting fault of the Adobe pdf reader on the Playbook - no search). How can I read a large camera manual and not be able to search for "White Balance!"
    Yeap, that's why I prefer to remember camera settings before the trip
    02-14-14 09:00 PM