I am just a user, but would be happy to know some shorts and or hints what all one can do with this app!

Thanks for inputs!

Posted via CB10
    10-24-15 06:31 AM
    https://appworld.blackberry.com/webs...ode=NZ&lang=en if you are talking about this app then it is a terminal emulator for BlackBerry 10.
    10-24-15 01:40 PM
    Yes it's a terminal, but what can I do with it?

Posted via CB10
    10-24-15 01:57 PM
    It's not really an app for the average user, it's more for techies. That said, based on previous forum questions, here are a few simple uses for it:

Viewing text files. Out of the box BB10 doesn't have any viewer capable of opening plain text files. You could use the "less" command in this app to display text, or the "vi" command to edit.

Stop a folder from being indexed. Want to create a ".nomedia" file but don't have a PC handy? Use "cd" to navigate into the folder, "touch" to create the empty file.

Change the file extension of a file. Use "mv" to move the filename to a new name
    10-25-15 04:32 AM
    It's purpose is for a wow-effect. Real work cannot be done in this terminal, considering limited keyboard on Classic. Typing any longer command is painful. And you cannot repeat command from history, so you need to type it again!

Posted via CB10
    10-25-15 04:46 AM
    It's purpose is for a wow-effect. Real work cannot be done in this terminal, considering limited keyboard on Classic. Typing any longer command is painful. And you cannot repeat command from history, so you need to type it again!
    It's not for everyone, but could be very useful for some.

To address your issues:
    I would think that it would work with a bluetooth keyboard if you really needed to use it in anger.
    You can browse through your command history by tapping top left and tapping the k key.
    10-25-15 04:57 AM
    I do like the landscape, and customizeable interface (to an extent) , I much prefer BGShellPlus due to the inclusion of SSH. It's a tool I use everyday to connect to my rig.

But having a terminal in general whether it be Term48 or BGShell or simply Command Line , is good if you know how to use it and can be creative with how you use it. My SDcard had some bad sectors and I thought all was lost until I found I could force myself into the lost directories if I remembered the names for each of the folders(not easy as I have terrible memory) but I was able to move stuff out of the seemingly lost folder.

Another case is sorting. I tend to let my Downloads folder is cluttered and messy. Its easy to simply "mv *.jpg pictures/" and "mv *.mp3 music/" and etc.

It's just one of those handy tools that would be beneficial to learn.

Posted via CB10
    10-25-15 09:28 AM
    One of the reviews mentioned you can run Python programs on this terminal. Does anybody knows how to do that? Thanks.

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.2639
    11-12-15 01:28 PM
    One of the reviews mentioned you can run Python programs on this terminal. Does anybody knows how to do that? Thanks.

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.2639
    Well, type 'python3.2 [Python app]' and press enter .

Via Pasta CB10
    imcurved likes this.
    11-12-15 03:06 PM