Well it takes less than a second to open on the Passport and even though u can't reply directly from the hub, you can read the messages directly in the hub and clicking on it opens the app just like the android facebook messenger app. For me fully featured is more important than replying from the hub so I disabled the native fb messenger and prefer to use the android app just like I prefer to use the android telegram app.

Anyhow.. thanks to BlackBerry I have the choice of native or Android so you pick what's best for you.

Posted via CB10 on my BlackBerry Passport�
    I prefer the convenience and quickness of replying through the hub. Also usually a native app when is coded properly is smoother and has less strain on the OS.
    However as you rightly point out each to his own.

Posted via CB10
    03-31-15 09:53 AM
    Native is always better than android apps.

Posted via CB10
    03-31-15 02:37 PM
    I can't believe nobody is updating the apps, I would have assumed somebody would want the extra prize money and the kudos of being the official client?

Surely bb10 can't be that difficult to write for compared to ios and android as they have fully working clients?

Posted via CB10
    04-09-15 01:57 AM
    I can't believe nobody is updating the apps, I would have assumed somebody would want the extra prize money and the kudos of being the official client?

Surely bb10 can't be that difficult to write for compared to ios and android as they have fully working clients?

Posted via CB10
    Bomogram keeps receiving updates.

As for the others, you never know what is really happening. Maybe the developers are working on it, but don't push releases.

And it is not difficult to write applications for BB10, the question is rather who is doing it. As far as I know, the dev of Telegrann is only a student. He has a life and other things to do than developing applications.

If you look at whatsapp, there are fully employed developers who are working on it. It is their job, and then you get what you expect.

With this competition thing, it was unlikely to get professionals. Too much risks, plus the timing (initially 1month) was completely unrealistic for professional development. Then, considering how the money was divided, (I did not expect that from the description of the contest) it would have been such a waste of time for professionals developers..

If they wanted professional working on it, do proper tests and so on, they should have hired someone with a proper contact. Have written expected features + delivery time, specify how/what tests would be done. When do we say that the app is correctly, etc.

But it would have cost a different amount of money...
    04-09-15 02:38 AM
    Just a mild digression.
    Whatsapp for BlackBerry10 is developed by 1 developer.
    Yes, highly skilled and experienced developer, but nevertheless 1.
    04-09-15 04:16 AM
    A little off topic but can individual alerts for different contacts be set for telegram or WhatsApp?

Posted via CB10
    04-09-15 04:42 AM
    Yes, but through the OS itself. Nothing to do with the app. Look closely in Settings - Notifications.
    bobo616 likes this.
    04-09-15 05:06 AM
    People from telegram has spent 50000 dollar but at the end none of the telegram apps on BlackBerry is usable... Why don't they just hire some professional?

Posted via CB10
    04-09-15 08:19 AM
    I have tried bomogram and pintagram and while the basics are ok the new features especially in groups don't work so it won't be any good for me at the moment.

Posted via CB10
    04-10-15 01:50 AM
    The lack of functionality of any basic secure messaging app on this platform is really starting to annoy me.

Posted via CB10
    04-10-15 08:09 PM
    Any news Native Telegram client for BlackBerry after May 01 2015!?

Posted via CB10
    05-02-15 09:51 AM
    Yea we definately need a working telegram app. Like all other platforms. Is anyone working further on one of his telegram projects after the contest? As for my understanding there was none actually working 100%. It seems to be difficult to implement for BB10. However they succeed to do it on IOS, Android & WP. Let's hope we see something popping up in the near future for BB10.

Posted via CB10
    05-02-15 03:26 PM
    I'm still waiting the Telegram team force the devs to release the source code. Is really a mess that only one dev has release the source code
    https://github.com/MXZZ/Pintagram

And if you asking the other devs, you got

A) No answer
    B) The competition is still going

But the only true thing is they care only about the money. If they don't we have already the source code and more people that working on it for community or learn. Because Telegram is really complex and can give a very good experience.

And last but first in order of importance, Telegram team has trashed 40k. We still don't have a BETA, I repeat a BETA of Telegram native for BB10.

I'm sure the Telegram trash another 10k and we still don't have nothing for have a good native client on BB10.
    05-03-15 08:00 AM
    To be honest, the contest was still ongoing as of May 1st, I guess soon we will see a post from Telegram themselves announcing the new winners and asking for the code to be opened, or, they already linking to the respective repositories.

Posted via CB10
    05-03-15 12:12 PM
    They don't have release anything and Telegram team hasn't forced the devs to release the source. And you really give another 10k at one of of Telegram client in the store? There is only 2 who has updated Bomogram and Pintagram and no one of that has made very good progress for me, to give another 10k.
    Anyway i'm sure the Telegram team give another 10k and the fail is going to be completed. If you want to trash your money in the toilet, ask telegram team, they are expert.

I repeat, 40k has already given and we don't have a BETA of Telegram client in native for BlackBerry 10.
    05-03-15 04:17 PM
    In Telegram ' Q&A they compared to Whatsapp but Whatsapp always provide newest features for BlackBerry 10 from beginning and Whatsapp do it by theirself but Telegram wasted 40k and got nothing included first prize for Android port.!

Posted via CB10
    05-03-15 06:47 PM
    Pintagram have the only dev that cares ATM. I do not know about bomogram it seems like the best app but no improvement on a lot of things...seems like they update to put themselves over the competition but after contest end, well I do not know.

Posted via CB10
    05-03-15 11:47 PM
    I send a critical tweet about the situation to @telegram and I invite everyone to do the same

Posted via CB10
    05-05-15 01:04 AM
    Just a mild digression.
    Whatsapp for BlackBerry10 is developed by 1 developer.
    Yes, highly skilled and experienced developer, but nevertheless 1.
    That is incredible: one of the best of the high-profile apps done Native on BB10... If you have direct contact with her or him, send my respects and thanks. I mean I have a good idea that such things are possible, but to hear that BB10 WhatsApp is built by a single developer is, well, kind of an indictment of those that claim how expensive BB10 app development 'must' be.
    LyoobaBerry likes this.
    05-05-15 10:41 PM
    last update january 30th?
    07-09-15 11:24 PM
    So there won't be any native app for Telegram? Are android's developers just way more capable? Or what's the reason? I like BlackBerry with all its security, Hub, etc. but the lack of professional/good apps starts annoying me. And I don't want to install so many apk on the BlackBerry.

Is programming for BlackBerry that difficult (haven't tried it myself)?!

Posted via CB10
    09-29-15 11:02 AM
    No, it's just that there are more people complaining than willing to do something

Posted via CB10
    09-29-15 01:35 PM
    Already gave up and using the android version.
    09-29-15 04:42 PM
    No, it's just that there are more people complaining than willing to do something

Posted via CB10
    Not exactly.

Not enough people are complaining to make the developers willing to do something.
    09-29-15 04:48 PM
    No, I stand on my words

Posted via CB10
    09-29-15 05:49 PM
407 ... 14151617